Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2020, 08:27 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Sorry but that was foolish of that man to listen to Trump. He's not a doctor, a scientist, and has no expertise in the field whatsoever. I'm sorry the man died but he should have known better than to listen to Trump. No President should be that revered.

But, but, but we have doctors who do wear a mask yet still catch it and die. So what good does the mask do? I never wear a mask, attend birthday party, get together with friends etc and have to catch the virus. I even had contact tracer call me once because supposedly i was with someone that got sick and still my family is not sick. That is the reason why we refuse to wear a mask until such time as feel it's too danger to go without a mask after which time we will put them on. Yes we have mask but we prefer while we outside even around people not wear a mask. We will put them in a business only if we absolutely have when we are being told that we will not be served without a mask.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:31 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Some people here been saying for months, only if we all wear a mask, we could go back to our old normal, it seems like the mask do not do much after all.
It's a three-part preventive measure: face masks, social distancing, hand washing. You can't do only one and still be safe. Pretty obvious, and it's been stated by medical personnel over and over.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:32 PM

798 posts, read 503,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Article from August, when she was still battling the virus:

Adeline has a history of asthma, pneumonia and other upper respiratory ailments, but her family never thought it would get this bad. They thought if it took two weeks for most people to recover from a mild case of Covid-19, maybe it would take Adeline three.

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...ronavirus.html

Old 10-05-2020, 08:33 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
But, but, but we have doctors who do wear a mask yet still catch it and die. So what good does the mask do? I never wear a mask, attend birthday party, get together with friends etc and have to catch the virus. I even had contact tracer call me once because supposedly i was with someone that got sick and still my family is not sick. That is the reason why we refuse to wear a mask until such time as feel it's too danger to go without a mask after which time we will put them on. Yes we have mask but we prefer while we outside even around people not wear a mask. We will put them in a business only if we absolutely have when we are being told that we will not be served without a mask.
We do have doctors and nurses and firefighters and grocery workers that get sick. It's hard to say why they did because we didn't observe their behavior. I still think a mask will offer some protection but the biggest deterrent is to not touch your face until you thoroughly wash your hands. People touch their face all the time without even knowing they're doing it.

If you and your loved ones have succeeded in not contracting the virus, I suspect it's due to your hygiene habits. Or maybe you're just the luckiest people on the face of the earth ...

Old 10-05-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
It's a three part preventive measure: face masks, social distancing, hand washing. You can't do only one and still be safe. Pretty obvious, and it's been stated by medical personnel over and over.

I always washed my hands, something i been taught from young age by my parents. I would think most people wash their hands. As for the rest of your statement, i been violating both of them and yet my family, my friends and all of my relatives are all healthy without following the other 2 preventive measures. How do you explain that?

Old 10-05-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I always washed my hands, something i been taught from young age by my parents. I would think most people wash their hands. As for the rest of your statement, i been violating both of them and yet my family, my friends and all of my relatives are all healthy without following the other 2 preventive measures. How do you explain that?
How fortunate for you.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:35 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I read the other day that most, if not all state parks had reopened https://thedyrt.com/magazine/local/c...list-covid-19/
Not down here. They will put a big orange sticker on your window you can't easily get off and it reads you've been put into the system, next time a fine. They are also lying to the local businesses saying the forest is closed because if you get hurt no one can show up because of the fires way up north. Well, let's see. It's at first Sheriff, then search and rescue that shows for stupid trail injuries etc. I know search and rescue quite well down here.

These are all lies.

Old 10-06-2020, 07:27 AM

Pretty obvious, but it bears repeating.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention acknowledged Monday (10/5) that the coronavirus can spread through microscopic respiratory particles known as aerosols that float in the air for minutes or even hours before being inhaled.

On its website, the CDC said that even people who followed social distancing guidelines have been infected through this type of transmission — and added a warning against frequenting crowded, poorly ventilated indoor spaces.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...irborne-spread

Old 10-06-2020, 10:25 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,702,162 times
Quote:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention acknowledged Monday (10/5) that the coronavirus can spread through microscopic respiratory particles known as aerosols that float in the air for minutes or even hours before being inhaled.

On its website, the CDC said that even people who followed social distancing guidelines have been infected through this type of transmission — and added a warning against frequenting crowded, poorly ventilated indoor spaces.

Yet we open indoor dining.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:

So what is the solution? Should we all lock our self at home for the next 3 years? Oh wait that likely would not help either as CDC posted another article that said having Covid do not mean you can't get it again. Which means vaccine is also useless?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California