Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2020, 10:31 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Haha. Yeah, no. Nothing is required reading, friend. It seemed you hadn't heard this news so I linked right to FDA's press release. I don't actually need your opinion on the drug as, like me, you lack the expertise to "study up" on it to any degree greater than a pedestrian viewpoint. The link was just fyi.

What's more important is whether Newsom will change his tune on the drug, one he was praising a few months ago. Like you, he believes there's a conspiracy between Trump and the FDA and now that the FDA has given the green light to remdesivir, I'll just assume he can't trust that decision. Or at least, he can't do it with any conviction. But see, that's the problem (his) with making these things political.
A bit of correction in order here: I don’t believe there’s “a conspiracy between Trump and the FDA” at all. I observe for the most part that the professionals at the FDA don’t want to be any part of Trump’s circus and influence tactics. That said, the orange man is a liar and cheat who fires people at a whim to get what he wants.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
"Among those surveyed, 49% said that Newsom has done a good or excellent job handling the pandemic"
Yes. But among those who engage in civics:
” Results of a poll released by the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies show that 64% of likely California voters approve of the job Gov. Newsom has done. Another 36% disapprove.

The Los Angeles Times reports that this rating is being boosted by Newsom's response to the coronavirus pandemic. The poll sampled opinions on Newsom's performance in relation to 13 different categories.

Nearly 50% of those surveyed said Newsom has done a good or excellent job handling the public health crisis. On the other hand, there is some dissatisfaction among voters of his efforts to address homelessness and high housing costs in the state.

Still, the poll found that Newsom's approval rating is among the highest of any governor the state has had in the past 50 years during the same point in their term”.

Newsom is among the more highly approved governors in the nation ...

Old 10-23-2020, 11:18 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. But among those who engage in civics:
” Results of a poll released by the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies show that 64% of likely California voters approve of the job Gov. Newsom has done. Another 36% disapprove.

The Los Angeles Times reports that this rating is being boosted by Newsom's response to the coronavirus pandemic. The poll sampled opinions on Newsom's performance in relation to 13 different categories.

Nearly 50% of those surveyed said Newsom has done a good or excellent job handling the public health crisis. On the other hand, there is some dissatisfaction among voters of his efforts to address homelessness and high housing costs in the state.

Still, the poll found that Newsom's approval rating is among the highest of any governor the state has had in the past 50 years during the same point in their term”.

Newsom is among the more highly approved governors in the nation ...
That's nice, in case it wasn't clear my initial response about Newsom was more about his approach to the pandemic, not overall. Either way whether its 50% or 36%, that's still "a lot" of people who disapprove.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
That's nice, in case it wasn't clear my initial response about Newsom was more about his approach to the pandemic, not overall. Either way whether its 50% or 36%, that's still "a lot" of people who disapprove.
Any way you shake it, more approve than disapprove.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:38 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
One man shutting down billion dollar Disneyland.
Vega, South Carolina is calling you...

Old 10-23-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Any way you shake it, more approve than disapprove.
I never claimed or suggested otherwise....

Old 10-23-2020, 12:04 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
One man shutting down billion dollar Disneyland.
Then who's Dr. Mark Ghaly, the state’s secretary of Health and Human Services, who is one of his advisors?

And how do you feel about taking a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, or numerous other INDOOR rides, sitting with people about whom you know you know zip?

Old 10-23-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I never claimed or suggested otherwise....
Didn’t claim or suggest you did ...

Old 10-23-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Didn’t claim or suggest you did ...
Then was the point of your initial post towards my comment?

Old 10-23-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Then who's Dr. Mark Ghaly, the state’s secretary of Health and Human Services, who is one of his advisors?

And how do you feel about taking a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, or numerous other INDOOR rides, sitting with people about whom you know you know zip?
Is that really that different than standing in line or going around a store full of strangers? Or riding public transit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California