Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2020, 12:24 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Then was the point of your initial post towards my comment?
Obviously to point out to readers that more people approve than disapprove.

What was your point in posting the comment to begin with?

Old 10-23-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Is that really that different than standing in line or going around a store full of strangers? Or riding public transit?
Yes. It is different. Amusement rides are 100% - well, for amusement ... not to go to work on, or fill the refrigerator.

Old 10-23-2020, 12:35 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Obviously to point out to readers that more people approve than disapprove.

What was your point in posting the comment to begin with?
Weird since no one was suggesting otherwise.

Someone asked where people come up with thinking Newsom wanting to keep his "stranglehold on the people of California." So I simply pointed out how a lot of people feel he is overstepping and abusing his power suggesting that's where people get that belief from. That wasn't obvious to you?

Old 10-23-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Yes. It is different. Amusement rides are 100% - well, for amusement ... not to go to work on, or fill the refrigerator.
I was referring to the actual act and not the reason.

Old 10-23-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Weird since no one was suggesting otherwise.

Someone asked where people come up with thinking Newsom wanting to keep his "stranglehold on the people of California." So I simply pointed out how a lot of people feel he is overstepping and abusing his power suggesting that's where people get that belief from. That wasn't obvious to you?
No one has to suggest otherwise for many people to assume you were, sav. Your statement was limited without context. So I interjected proactively to insure readers wouldn’t misunderstand you. You’re welcome. Just here to help.
Quote:
I was referring to the actual act and not the reason.
And I pointed out that the reason is the salient factor.

Again, you’re welcome

Old 10-23-2020, 02:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Why do I have to explain something from some random website with a staff of twenty-somethings (save for one, it looks like)?

I've already told you that it's paranoid to think that a vaccine is going to be rushed through by an agency of the government which consists of people with reputations at stake, not to mention the same risk for whichever drug company comes up with it. Until there's some actual proof that FDA is acting recklessly, I'll continue to trust that they're operating normally. If you want to believe there's a conspiracy between the executive branch and subservient agencies, especially in the era of whistleblowers, feel free. We don't share an opinion and I'm fine with that.
You don't like the source so you attack the information? Well, I probably won't find it on Breitbart or Daily Caller but it is not unique to the source that I used.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/angry...083051888.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ahn-fda-431139

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...es-treatments/

And I think it's naive to believe that Trump would do whatever he could to push for release of a vaccine before November 3rd.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
No one has to suggest otherwise for many people to assume you were, sav. Your statement was limited without context. So I interjected proactively to insure readers wouldn’t misunderstand you. You’re welcome. Just here to help.

And I pointed out that the reason is the salient factor.

Again, you’re welcome
The context was clearly the coronavirus pandemic considering the title and subject of this thread. But if you assumed otherwise I'm glad I was able to clarify for you.

At this point it really shouldn't be. If an activity doesn't contribute to community spread then I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed imo.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
The context was clearly the coronavirus pandemic considering the title of this thread. But if you assumed otherwise I'm glad I was able to clarify, hopefully you won't make that mistake again.

At this point it really shouldn't be. If an activity doesn't contribute to community spread then I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed imo.
Yes the context was clearly the pandemic. That wasn’t what I was pointing out as lacking clarity. What I was finishing for you with full context was that while you pointed out that some people are unhappy with Newsom (duh), even more do approve. That's the full story. Of which you only disclosed one side.

See how helpful I am?

As to amusement rides? Again, as of a month ago your position is considerably in the minority:

Californians support COVID-19 restrictions and remain worried about outbreak, survey shows
Californians still support efforts to contain the coronavirus outbreak through restrictions on public spaces and their worries about COVID-19 have not diminished since the spring, a new poll shows.

The survey by the Public Policy Institute of California showed 74% of respondents favor restrictions on public activity to mange the pandemic, or want more aggressive limitations.

Just 26% of respondents want looser restrictions on public activity during the pandemic

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...#storylink=cpy

Old 10-23-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Yes the context was clearly the pandemic. That wasn’t what I was pointing out as lacking clarity. What I was finishing for you with full context was that while you pointed out that some people are unhappy with Newsom (duh), even more do approve. That's the full story. Of which you only disclosed one side.

See how helpful I am?
Well I figured people would know I wasn't talking about the majority of people disapproving because if I was I would have just said that. I guess you misinterpreted "a lot" as meaning "most" or "the majority". Yes while some disapprove there will obviously be others that do approve, I thought that was obvious to most people. Guess not...

Quote:
As to amusement rides? Again, as of a month ago your position is considerably in the minority:
Ok....and? What is your point?

Old 10-23-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Well I figured people would know I wasn't talking about the majority of people disapproving because if I was I would have just said that. I guess you misinterpreted "a lot" as meaning "most" or "the majority". Yes while some disapprove there will obviously be others that do approve, I thought that was obvious to most people. Guess not...

Ok....and? What is your point?
Just being helpful, sav. Can’t have too much clarity amidst all the whining out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California