Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2020, 01:27 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Actually, no. That's not what he's said. You can read it right from the source so there's no question of bias or spin. There's no IF qualifier in there. It says: "Governor Gavin Newsom today named a group of nationally acclaimed California physician scientists with expertise in immunization and public health to the state’s COVID-19 Scientific Safety Review Workgroup that will independently review the safety and efficacy of any vaccine that receives FDA approval for distribution"

That's nothing more than political posturing meant to cast doubt on anything FDA approves under the leadership of Trump.
Remember the FDA for years has been relying on the testing fr pom the manufacturers in a LOT of cases. They never double check it.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:30 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes? And who are we talking about pushing for a hurry up vaccine?

Ans: the lunatic in the White House.

C'mon, man. That wasn't the point. The point was nobody in their right mind would subject themselves to a vaccine they knew was pushed to market without appropriate safety considerations. Would you? Trump wanting something doesn't mean it's going to happen. Yet here's our own governor pretending that no matter what FDA approves, it won't be deemed safe until his own people review the work of the feds. You have little trouble spotting the lunatic in the WH but are practically blind to the faults of the guy in Sacramento.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Remember the FDA for years has been relying on the testing fr pom the manufacturers in a LOT of cases. They never double check it.

I'll take you word for it but that was precisely the point of assemblyperson Kiley when he asked rhetorically if Newsom would demand the same treatment of all the other drugs cleared by the FDA before they could be administered in California.

Also, if FDA gave the thumbs up to some sketchy vaccine, nothing would prevent a state resident from getting it administered out of state. This whole thing is just for show.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:10 AM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
C'mon, man. That wasn't the point. The point was nobody in their right mind would subject themselves to a vaccine they knew was pushed to market without appropriate safety considerations. Would you? Trump wanting something doesn't mean it's going to happen. Yet here's our own governor pretending that no matter what FDA approves, it won't be deemed safe until his own people review the work of the feds. You have little trouble spotting the lunatic in the WH but are practically blind to the faults of the guy in Sacramento.
Hahaha ... . Well, bud, I have noticed that when you and I differ it often seems to come down to your faith in mankind’s intellect and character being FAR greater than mine. I am not a misanthrope. I do like people, generally speaking. But I damn sure don’t have any illusions about our intelligence being typically applied at high levels:

CDC: Some People Did Take Bleach to Protect From Coronavirus
Some 4% of respondents reported drinking or gargling diluted bleach, while the same numbers said they used soapy water or disinfectants.
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...om-coronavirus

Some Americans are misusing cleaning products — including drinking them — in effort to kill coronavirus https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/05/...l-coronavirus/

Americans Are Gargling Bleach, Misusing Other Disinfectants Amid Fear Of Coronavirus

A survey found that 39% of adults surveyed had misused cleaning products in some way during the pandemic. The survey also showed that many people did not know how to safely use different cleaning products
https://khn.org/morning-breakout/ame...f-coronavirus/

Then there was the guy who died thinking he was taking Trump’s lead on hydroxychloroquine:
Man dies after taking chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus
The man and his wife thought the ingredient, used to treat sick fish, could prevent the disease.
. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...virus-n1167166

But those aside, there’s this testament to Trump and company’s meddling in the CDC / FDA processes, that you think are so ‘immune’ to his meddling:
Quote:
‘ Toxic': CDC staffers say morale inside the public health agency has plummeted during the pandemic
Months of mixed messages, political pressure and public gaffes about Covid-19 have caused morale at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to turn "toxic," said four current and two former CDC staffers, one of whom said the election could be a "tipping point" for a mass exodus if President Donald Trump wins.

"The house is not only on fire," said a veteran CDC staffer who did not want to be named for fear of retribution. "We're standing in ashes."

Current and former CDC employees said that career staffers are still struggling to influence key decisions about the pandemic as new daily Covid-19 cases soar nationwide but that they are overruled by Trump appointees when politics intrudes.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...y-has-n1244661
People are stupid.

And current national leadership is toxic.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hahaha ... . Well, bud, I have noticed that when you and I differ it often seems to come down to your faith in mankind’s intellect and character being FAR greater than mine. I am not a misanthrope. I do like people, generally speaking.

You're probably right but fwiw, I don't think it's a defect on your part to have greater doubts than me about the human race. But as far as the covid vaccine goes, the choice to have it is going to be made by someone who claims to know more than both us of whether we like it or not. It's interesting too that Newsom said in the past that he didn't think a vaccine would even be ready for widespread use until after 2021. His plan, iirc, was to administer it to the most vulnerable first, including (controversially) prisoners. But whatever. It's all a bunch of hot air.

Quote:
But those aside, there’s this testament to Trump and company’s meddling in the CDC / FDA processes, that you think are so ‘immune’ to his meddling:
I'm not one to doubt the media and suspect bias in everything reported, but I do have trouble with all these unnamed sources being the basis of so many of these hit pieces on Trump. I'm not saying it's not believable, but a handful of anonymous former CDC employees saying that the organization will implode if Trump is re-elected doesn't convince me that chunks of falling sky are imminent. I take this stuff with a grain of salt. Also, I can't stress this enough that all the doubt over the FDA approving any vaccine, whether true or not, will set us back greatly in getting it administered to the nation if and when one is actually developed. I think it's totally irresponsible to instill such fear in the population over the one thing that may dig us out of this hole.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:51 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Okay, please, a personal/practical question that people might answer: are you seeing more kids needlessly in stores, like multiple adults together with kids? I mean kids who need some supervision, but it doesn't have to include all adults in groups inside at once, right? I'm getting at, are there even enforced 'discouragements' to non-shoppers for basic grocery trips, for instance?

Old 10-27-2020, 01:59 AM

798 posts, read 502,184 times
I will never receive a vaccine shot for COVID-19 because I live alone, work from home since 2016 and I have cats not kids and all of my family is in Heaven.

I do not do flu shots either.

I also do not believe in Western Medicine.

Herbal teas and herbs and a healthy diet coupled with lots of sex by my own device
have kept me feeling good.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:02 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
I will never receive a vaccine shot for COVID-19 because I live alone, work from home since 2016 and I have cats not kids and all of my family is in Heaven.

I do not do flu shots either.

I also do not believe in Western Medicine.

Herbal teas and herbs and a healthy diet coupled with lots of sex by my own device
have kept me feeling good.

Plus it will not work. Vaccine is no different immunity compare to being sick with it. If being sick do not give you life time immunity, neither will vaccine.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:19 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Well, hold on there. I didn't attack the information or the source. I asked why you compelled me to explain something which you feel is evidence of this Trump vaccine conspiracy. Remember?

I'm well aware of the Azar/Hahn brouhaha that the media has latched onto. It doesn't prove that there's going to be an unsafe vaccine foisted on an unwitting American public. In fact, that this whole thing is a story right now is likely to set us back from being able to administer any vaccine in the near future once one is developed since the seeds of doubt over its safety have been sown.

Nobody in their right mind would want a treatment rushed solely for political gain. I even said a month ago or so here that I'm skeptical of a vaccine being pushed for the wrong reasons. The difference between us is, I don't think we're on that path and you seem to see it as inevitable with Trump in office.
Joosoon, it proves intent to circumvent a process with only one goal- to push out a vaccine before November 3rd for a purely political purpose. After almost 4 years of listening to crazy plans come out of this administration, like the one where nursing infants were separated from their asylum seeking parents, something I never believed they would actually do, I now take everything they say and do seriously - and you should as well.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:10 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
You won't take the vaccine because you hate Trump so much, I see. I hope you don't get it, actually I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California