Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 06:10 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Here is a brief quote and the source.

heart disease and cancer -- are about 1,700 and 1,600 per day, respectively. COVID-19 deaths have surpassed these numbers individually throughout December and, on Wednesday, beat them combined. More than 3,400 deaths were reported, according to the COVID

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...-of-death-inus
All very interesting, Racer. And I appreciate you taking the time to search it out but that wasn't my point and maybe I guess I asked the question in a manner that made you think I wanted the info. I didn't. My intent was to ask you just how much did you ask how many deaths a year (or a day, doesn't matter) were related to heart disease and cancer before Covid came into our lives. That's my point. I see a lot of obsessiveness over this thing. That's not to say it isn't important to do what we need to do to avoid contracting it but until life goes back to normal, there's no reason to go crazy over it. It also makes me wonder just how much of one's day a person spends looking up info on Covid, the latest news, number of deaths, where it is now, Etc. That's not healthy behavior yet some can't seem to stop themselves.

Now that I know there's a vaccine and it will take time for those who want it to take it or those with mild cases to recover, or those who will succumb to it, there's nothing more I can do than what I've been doing for the past 11 months. My hope is that by Spring, we'll have this under control or, better yet, eradicated so we can start to live again without going out without an arsenal of protective wear. I don't want masks to become a fashion statement.

Old 12-19-2020, 06:17 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
All very interesting, Racer. And I appreciate you taking the time to search it out but that wasn't my point and maybe I guess I asked the question in a manner that made you think I wanted the info. I didn't. My intent was to ask you just how much did you ask how many deaths a year (or a day, doesn't matter) were related to heart disease and cancer before Covid came into our lives. That's my point. I see a lot of obsessiveness over this thing. That's not to say it isn't important to do what we need to do to avoid contracting it but until life goes back to normal, there's no reason to go crazy over it. It also makes me wonder just how much of one's day a person spends looking up info on Covid, the latest news, number of deaths, where it is now, Etc. That's not healthy behavior yet some can't seem to stop themselves.

Now that I know there's a vaccine and it will take time for those who want it to take it or those with mild cases to recover, or those who will succumb to it, there's nothing more I can do than what I've been doing for the past 11 months. My hope is that by Spring, we'll have this under control or, better yet, eradicated so we can start to live again without going out without an arsenal of protective wear. I don't want masks to become a fashion statement.

This

Plus, my family has already had it so I'm not paranoid of it like a lot of these posters are. It's business as usual for me. I'll wear a mask when inside a store and that's it. There are many that think this mask thing is some kind of vaccine like cure and it surely isn't.

Old 12-19-2020, 06:28 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Plus, my family has already had it so I'm not paranoid of it like a lot of these posters are. It's business as usual for me. I'll wear a mask when inside a store and that's it. There are many that think this mask thing is some kind of vaccine like cure and it surely isn't.
This is good to know you and your family didn't suffer with severe effects, 1ATP. I've read your comments about you having this early in the year. You, my friend, were one of the lucky ones. I guess that means it wasn't your time to go. Guess you have a lot more hunting and fishing to do. j/k Glad to see you doing well, though, and good to know you're being responsible by wearing a mask. Frankly, they're a big fat pia and can't wait to burn them ... all of them. I know we will someday soon.

Old 12-19-2020, 07:17 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This

Good to hear this and that all of you are OK.

I wear a mask as much for myself as others. I do not have it, may have but no way to know as it was in early March. One reason is simply to make the people around me comfortable and not look at me like I was an uncaring idiot. The numbers, especially of deaths, is down while the numbers of cases is going up. Hopefully the vaccine will work with minimal side effects.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:34 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
most of the people who die are 85 and have heart disease or cancer and they say it was coronavirus.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:59 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
most of the people who die are 85 and have heart disease or cancer and they say it was coronavirus.
That's a lie. Where is your sense of decency?
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

Old 12-20-2020, 06:39 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Just read that there have been more deaths from the Virus this year than from the #1 and #2 causes of death combined. The #1 and #2 are Heart Disease and Cancer. It is a critical problem and far more important than going to a restaurant someone likes.
And one cannot catch cancer or heart disease from another person. HUGE difference.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:41 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And one cannot catch cancer or heart disease from another person. HUGE difference.
Absolutely correct.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:56 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Quote:
What's not true about this statement? They even claim motorcycle accidents were coronavirus deaths.
I can't believe most of the population gleefully give up their freedom and liberty for something we have had before with no destroying peoples lives. How'd you like to be out of work and broke and worried constantly?
Howe'd you like to have worked 60 hours a week for years to build your buisness only to have it destroyed unnecessarly?
There is a 98.8% survival rate. For this we collapse the ecomony?

Last edited by V8 Vega; 12-20-2020 at 08:08 AM..

Old 12-20-2020, 10:40 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Quote:
What's not true about this statement? They even claim motorcycle accidents were coronavirus deaths.
I can't believe most of the population gleefully give up their freedom and liberty for something we have had before with no destroying peoples lives. How'd you like to be out of work and broke and worried constantly?
Howe'd you like to have worked 60 hours a week for years to build your buisness only to have it destroyed unnecessarly?
There is a 98.8% survival rate. For this we collapse the ecomony?
If your survival rate is accurate (which I find suspect as it seems to be more like 98%), we're still talking about 3-4 million Americans that could die if left uncontained. The vaccine may help temper this, but we're still talking about 600k by April 1 (at least) and maybe 1 million when all is said and done. That is more than any war in American history. Maybe you don't care about these people, but I bet you would if it were a relative or close friend of yours. This isn't even factoring in the 15-20% of people who contract COVID who will likely have permanent health impacts due to lung damage or other areas. This will all create a long-term drain on our health system.

Its a misnomer that shutdowns are hurting the economy. People's nonchalance and acting irresponsibly is what is hurting the economy. By continuing to not wear masks or social distance, you're creating more cases/hospitalizations/deaths, which force the government to do lockdowns to keep from a total healthcare collapse.

If everyone acted responsibly, we'd be able to re-open safely. Unfortunately, this is the best we can do until we have herd immunity for a vaccine. If you want to point blame, don't blame the government but blame those that carry on like its no big deal and extend the pain and suffering for all of us. Well, maybe blame the government (both Democrats and Republicans) for not passing the stimulus bill quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California