Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 01:21 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It appears that cases are on the rise again in California and in other states. The newscaster on KCRA3 didn't elaborate as to why this is occurring so I don't know what to blame it on. Guess it's not as contained as we thought. Good luck everyone.
It's definitely on the rise in other states. In California, only if brand-new. I did look on the KCRA3 website, but I know not all news quickly or ever is posted on those sites. I have no reason to think you're lying, because who lies about that, but I'm not convinced it's accurate. That said, the rate of decrease in infections in California clearly has slowed this month.

Anyway, here we backslide again, huh? and much of the anger I express here is toward people who advocate for things that are counterproductive in non-destructively minimizing COVID-19's impact on society. Many people here and almost everyone in power has an incorrect approach toward the virus (including loosening too many things at once to fully know what causes what), and I saw it by last June. To give current examples, reopening restaurants for on-site dining should come with many more inspections, which I highly doubt is happening, and in a hot spot like Los Angeles most of the public should know a hotline with which to report business violations.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:06 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's definitely on the rise in other states.
CA is doing better than some other states. New confirmed cases per 100 K in the past 14 days:
CA: 101.2
FL: 309.6
N.J.: 617
GA: 208
HI: 73
NY: 417.7

Old 03-25-2021, 08:30 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Post polluted by the "zero incidents" claim. Reported incidents.

Once again, you're completely clueless how this works. Case reporting is a requirement and a part of the safety plan which allowed the district to offer limited in-person back in the Fall. Testing for staff has been going on the whole time and includes students now. There's no way to conceal those results. The site by site data is publicly available right on SDUSD's own website.

Your continued pivot towards your little conspiracy theory that it's all just a bunch of lies is dutifully noted though.

Last edited by joosoon; 03-25-2021 at 08:38 AM..

Old 03-25-2021, 08:36 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
It appears that cases are on the rise again in California and in other states. The newscaster on KCRA3 didn't elaborate as to why this is occurring so I don't know what to blame it on. Guess it's not as contained as we thought. Good luck everyone.

The post-Spring Break numbers will be enlightening. I've heard some predictions that as vaccine coverage rises, testing might drop off except where required. How that might skew the numbers is hard to read. Then again, lot's of predictions have failed to coalesce throughout this thing so I'm pretty apathetic when I hear new ones.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:25 AM

Ignoring where you destroy your credibility by arguing that perfection exists, my new theory about vaccination is that most line-jumpers have already gotten their shots and now other than compliant middle-aged people who generally are supposed to wait maybe a month longer, there aren't many adults left who are eager to be vaccinated but everyone already is free to do almost whatever activities he or she likes. That equals a problem.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:34 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
It's definitely on the rise in other states. In California, only if brand-new. I did look on the KCRA3 website, but I know not all news quickly or ever is posted on those sites. I have no reason to think you're lying, because who lies about that, but I'm not convinced it's accurate. That said, the rate of decrease in infections in California clearly has slowed this month.
Why the hell would I lie about this? You know, you really are a piece of work sometimes. I'm just like you. Trying to get the most accurate information so I can do what's right and help others to stay healthy. I wonder if you really read back the words you write before posting them here? smh

Old 03-25-2021, 10:19 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Why the hell would I lie about this? You know, you really are a piece of work sometimes. I'm just like you. Trying to get the most accurate information so I can do what's right and help others to stay healthy. I wonder if you really read back the words you write before posting them here? smh
What is interesting is that CA showed fewer new cases yesterday than TX or F,L yet had more deaths. In fact TX was about 60% of CA's and FL was about 1/6th the death count of CA yesterday but has about 2/3 the population of CA.

I am never sure of some data as many people have been tested multiple times due to work, worry about their health or having had it and want to see if it came back. All three States have more tests than population.

The test numbers are not the real key now, the actual number of cases, the recoveries and deaths are more important to see how it is doing. Then something we do not see is the numbers of long term recovery and permanent damage, which regularly occurs.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:24 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
What is interesting is that CA showed fewer new cases yesterday than TX or F,L yet had more deaths. In fact TX was about 60% of CA's and FL was about 1/6th the death count of CA yesterday but has about 2/3 the population of CA.

I am never sure of some data as many people have been tested multiple times due to work, worry about their health or having had it and want to see if it came back. All three States have more tests than population.

The test numbers are not the real key now, the actual number of cases, the recoveries and deaths are more important to see how it is doing. Then something we do not see is the numbers of long term recovery and permanent damage, which regularly occurs.
I'm not sure either, Racer. Honestly, I heard their report and wondered why they would say that and where it was coming from after all the positive news at noon. Frankly, I never know from one day to the next how it's going. One minute we're improving, the next, we're not.

Even with the so-called good news, I continue to do what I've been doing for the past year. I'm not taking any risks. Not to myself or others. I just want everyone to feel safe and stay healthy. This state and the country has lost too many people. And a year of our life gone but with the knowledge that we'll probably experience something like this again in the future. So just try to enjoy life as much as you can. (I know. A Pollyanna attitude but what else can you do?)

Old 03-25-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
It would help if you read closely first. I could either accuse you of being inaccurate without a disclaimer about lying or leave out the disclaimer and then have you equate that with lying. I mentioned accuracy because I didn't, and with Google now still don't, see any report from the media that California cases are increasing. I did see that one California county (maybe yours) had an increase. Chill. In a week or two, maybe I will know there is a statewide increase =/

Old 03-25-2021, 10:44 AM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
I guess people in California would have to brace for another rounds of restrictions and lockdowns soon. I bet the theme parks would be shut down within weeks of opening given the reversing trend of things even though it has not affected the west much yet. In other words the waves in the ocean would keep on churning no matter what ones do or not do.

There has been no proof that places with harsher measures fare better than places that have softer measures, measures are typically enforced by the local government much more than the state. Comparing different parts of California couldn't explain it better. One can just compare counties within SoCal to see it. I.e Orange County despite having just as big population and tourism as surrounding counties but with much softer approach on restrictions and enforcement did not do worse than surrounding counties ie San Diego in terms of outbreaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California