Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2021, 05:14 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Our HOA pool just opened up over the weekend. Saw two women treading water in the deep end with the mask on, then put it in the gutter when they swam laps and then put it back on to hang out on the edge and chat again. It was just them in the deep end. One of them lives in our community and the other is a guest. So they probably thought they were "protecting" each other with the masks. I am willing to bet both are either fully or partially vaccinated.
People like that need some sort of mental help, that's insane. At least your HOA pool allows "guests" though, mine is not again at least for now.

I actually participated in the HOA meeting about the pool a few weeks ago about reopening. Expressed how awful it was last year and we shouldn't be doing more than what's required, which they said they weren't. Then of course when the time came to propose the regulations that's exactly what they do; keeping all this pointless disinfecting crap, not bringing out the pool furniture, having to stay with your group in whatever section of the pool, etc... I should have ran for the board when I had the chance, I'm going to be a thorn in their side about it now.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:21 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
What a circle jerk. Yuck.

Meanwhile, KCAL 9 just said that 44% of people according to a travel survey are being vaccinated in order to travel, so that's a fail. I have mixed feelings about being right about that.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Her latest was really laughable. She said she's not sending her kid to camp because cases are the same as where they were last year. Of course, ignoring fact that positive test rates are 3% now vs. over 20% then. Also, her kid is 16 and could be vaccinated, but pretty clear logical thought is a struggle for her.
Last May 11th??? Is she serious? Before there was the easy and widespread testing going on now? And yes why hasn't she got him a vaccine yet?

And people, including posters here, put this woman on a pedestal just because Biden appointed her. What a nut.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Last May 11th??? Is she serious? Before there was the easy and widespread testing going on now? And yes why hasn't she got him a vaccine yet?

And people, including posters here, put this woman on a pedestal just because Biden appointed her. What a nut.

Not to mention that her 16 year old son should be fully vaccinated by then AND even if he happens to be the one in a million who gets a breakthrough cases, chances of him dying are close to zero at his age. So she's keeping him home from camp to protect him from the literally one in a BILLION chance that he contracts Covid despite being vaccinated and is the one in a a million teenagers who die after getting a Covid infection. I don't think so. She's using her kid as a political statement. I bet you anything they have unmasked house parties in their secluded mansion. Just like Newsom and the rest of the "Zero Covid risk" politicians.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:46 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Why do you hate facts and data so much? Too hard to understand?
Hmmmm. How about you demonstrate where I have ever argued against facts and data. Not suggesting you spend any time reading my 17,900+ past posts ... but if you did, you’d find I cite facts and data as much as anyone on CD ... far far far more than your average bear here.

Nope. But I also enjoy the sport of dissecting foolishness, regardless of whether it comes citing facts and data. Anyone can cite facts and data while also presenting entirely illogical theories, vacuous conspiracies, illusory fictional scenarios ... etc. Now, I’m not saying you do those things, of course. Just pointing out that your accusations - i.e. that I “hate facts and data” - are sometimes entirely baseless.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:10 PM

6,708 posts, read 6,711,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hmmmm. How about you demonstrate where I have ever argued against facts and data.
Never seen you present a single fact or data point here. Just silly personal attacks. But I get it, the data doesn't back up anything Newsolini's done or the CDC has said.

Old 05-12-2021, 07:11 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Never seen you present a single fact or data point here. Just silly personal attacks.
You're seriously accusing others of personal attacks?

Old 05-12-2021, 08:12 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Never seen you present a single fact or data point here. Just silly personal attacks. But I get it, the data doesn't back up anything Newsolini's done or the CDC has said.
Funny you haven’t noticed ... I haven’t been arguing any facts and data point related issues with regard to Covid ... I have been pointing out that anonymous armchair ‘experts’, of which there are so many like yourself, are drawing your favorite conclusions from unproven correlative chaos. In some cases these various conclusions may prove to be correct ... in many cases they are not ... just as you have ranted about how many experts have been wrong about one thing or another along this CV 19 journey of discovery. You may have a degree in biology as I recall you saying, but that doesn’t make your anonymous voice here any more expert or correct than the hundreds of known and named scientists who also quote facts and data.

You and many others have for many months passionately posted your theories as if they should be accepted as analytical gospel. The reality is that the truths of what has been spewed for the past year is only slowly still coming into focus.

Your presentation of your views has been very humorously condescending toward individuals and humanity in general. You have quite the high opinion of yourself. All that is fine with me, btw. It is also amusing to ponder why someone as intelligent as you think you are is spending so much time and effort angrily arguing and berating others on an anonymous internet site ... as if you are going to overcome this human ignorance you condemn?

Knock yo’sef out, brotherman.

Meanwhile I will chuckle and point out that none of us here really have anything but unproven random opinions, not proofs ... and that ‘sheep’ are a really bad metaphor for human behavior (as the links to sheep intelligence and behavioral traits I have posted discuss), ... the media is not a mandated social service function, ... and there’s no reason to expect your fellow humans should or can rise to intellectual analyses at the level you chastise them for failing to reach. A guy as smart as you claim to be might look at 10,000 years of human history to see some patterns, ya know?

Have a nice day. Take a walk outside. With or without mask.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:24 AM

California expected to end mask mandate soon
"Are we looking at masks after June 15?" asked Fox anchor Elex Michaelson Tuesday.

"No, only in those settings that are indoor... Only in those massively large settings where people from around the world, not just around the country, are convening and where people are mixing in real dense spaces," Newsom said. "Otherwise we'll make guidance, recommendations but no mandates."

So looks like most indoor settings won't be mandated to require masks after June 15th. I'm guessing a lot of places will probably keep the requirement though for the time being.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:47 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
California expected to end mask mandate soon
"Are we looking at masks after June 15?" asked Fox anchor Elex Michaelson Tuesday.

"No, only in those settings that are indoor
... Only in those massively large settings where people from around the world, not just around the country, are convening and where people are mixing in real dense spaces," Newsom said. "Otherwise we'll make guidance, recommendations but no mandates."

So looks like most indoor settings won't be mandated to require masks after June 15th. I'm guessing a lot of places will probably keep the requirement though for the time being.
That looks like a requirement. The next is like stadiums, theaters, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California