Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2021, 06:19 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You stated the the Swine flu debacle of 1976, a threat that never materialized, was like COVID-19.

Sorry; didn't watch your 16 minute video clip.
So far it is playing out like it. And hey don't say sorry to me for not being able to handle a 60 Minutes clip that goes against your incorrect preconceived notions. I like how you didn't touch on my other point ablut the Tuskegee airmen, among other lies/coverups. Keep running.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:50 PM

118 posts, read 66,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
So far it is playing out like it. And hey don't say sorry to me for not being able to handle a 60 Minutes clip that goes against your incorrect preconceived notions. I like how you didn't touch on my other point ablut the Tuskegee airmen, among other lies/coverups. Keep running.
They like to ignore facts that go against their narrative and instead post rare, random stories about some healthy teenager that dies of covid or someone who’s unvaccinated and begs people with their dying breath to get the jab.

That’s more their speed and fits the fear factor they’re looking for.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:08 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9988 View Post
They like to ignore facts that go against their narrative and instead post rare, random stories...

That’s more their speed and fits the fear factor they’re looking for.
Right. Speaking of "fear factor"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9988 View Post
J&J was halted for a time because of blood clots. And before someone says “it was just a few cases”, posters here love to bring up rare cases of children being hospitalized because of covid. Also, if it’s so insignificant, why did they halt the shot for a while? There had to be some concern. Additionally, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been linked to blood clots.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bl...ort-2021-04-15

The vaccines have been linked to heart inflammation in young men and adolescents and they don’t have a significant risk of serious issues from covid. People in a low risk group should think twice about getting the vaccine. And while they say the benefits outweigh the risks, why take it if you’re in a low risk group?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...h-57781637.amp

They’ve also added a neurological problem to the list of warnings. Guillain-Barre Syndrome has been linked to the vaccines.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...9vaccine/93537

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7978140/

Old 07-24-2021, 07:29 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccine dies of virus:
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...s-16336610.php

Radio host, former vaccine skeptic ill with Covid-19
Phil Valentine, who was unvaccinated, is urging fans to "GO GET VACCINATED," his family said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/conservative-radio-host-former-vaccine-skeptic-ill-covid-19-
n1274889

Unfortunately, you are just spinning your wheels here with some posters......they are going to believe what they want......all kinds of conspiracy stories floating around....even one that the vaccine is a bio weapon

Old 07-25-2021, 10:56 AM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
It’s interesting how each and everyone interprets the situation and guidelines by the CDC and other sources so differently. But it’s not unlike how businesses and governments differ so greatly, of course they will all give the canned response “they are just following CDC guidelines” I still remember going to a mall and seeing how each store’s COVID protocol is so different from each other. Same with any other venue I been to. Reminds me of 9/11 when each venue had their own due to security New annoying rule which magically doesn’t effect other similar venues.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:01 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
For what it's worth, the LA television news had a segment where restaurant owners mentioned anticipating a shutdown of indoor dining.

Old 07-25-2021, 04:52 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
It’s interesting how each and everyone interprets the situation and guidelines by the CDC and other sources so differently. But it’s not unlike how businesses and governments differ so greatly, of course they will all give the canned response “they are just following CDC guidelines” I still remember going to a mall and seeing how each store’s COVID protocol is so different from each other. Same with any other venue I been to. Reminds me of 9/11 when each venue had their own due to security New annoying rule which magically doesn’t effect other similar venues.
It's ridiculous how micro it gets. They just had someone on talking about how they were re-opening an old landmark that is outside. Guy kept saying we have to wear masks to be extra extra safe. Good Lord, then don't open it then. Nothing about wiping everything down or keeping space just the stupid mask garbage again. We are outside my dude. Fear tv on steroids.

It's just like 911 where the media had so many scared to death they didn't fly for a year.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:02 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
The variants got here by airplane.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:04 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Or boat or even ground. Would be nice to have an actual border wouldn't it about now...

Old 07-26-2021, 01:06 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post

The variants could be home grown here in this country......but, countries with a high % of unvaccinated people are fertile ground for the virus. Here is some useful information on variants:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iant-info.html

"Viruses constantly change through mutation. A variant has one or more mutations that differentiate it from other variants in circulation. As expected, multiple variants of SARS-CoV-2 have been documented in the United States and globally throughout this pandemic. To inform local outbreak investigations and understand national trends, scientists compare genetic differences between viruses to identify variants and how they are related to each other."

"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California