Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2021, 09:24 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The story he posted was the truth. You just don't like the story.
Well, there’s that too, eh?

Old 09-28-2021, 04:31 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Looks like you are in NY? I don't know if the head of the local dept of health departments are appointed or elected in your state. To just try to answer your question, without expressing agreement or disagreement with decisions made by any particular Dept of Health........ the ballot box is the way they will know " they work for us" or the individual/s whom appt them, if the head of dept of health is an appointed position.
In the final analysis it doesn't matter. The departments are worlds unto themselves that make rules having little to do with health. I don't know if it's empire building or just instinct, but the rules tend to be very abstract and technical. For example when a swimming pool or school is shut down, the health impacts of deprivation of exercise or education are not considered. Nor are the views of those prevented from using the shuttered facility. I doubt that people were jumping up and down for joy when health departments, supposedly working for them, were jumping up and down for joy in Michigan when "non-essential" parts of stores were closed off.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:32 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Eye rolling stupidity focusing on anecdotes and narratives over facts and data.
Maybe you'd believe this medical professional, a respiratory therapist in Ventura County.

"I’m a respiratory therapist. With the fourth wave of the pandemic in full swing, fueled by the highly contagious Delta variant, the trajectory of the patients I see, from admission to critical care, is all too familiar. When they’re vaccinated, their COVID-19 infections most likely end after Stage 1. If only that were the case for everyone.

...I’ve been at this for 17 months now. It doesn’t get easier."

Get vaccinated. If you choose not to, here’s what to expect if you are hospitalized for a serious case of COVID-19:
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...tory-therapist

Old 09-29-2021, 01:16 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Santa Cruz County becomes first Calif. county to drop mask mandate after delta wave

On the other hand here in the inner Bay Area we have Fuhrer Cody wanting to keep them forever:

'Very concerned': Bay Area elected officials battle health officers on COVID mask mandates

"Well I would say we don't have a set metric," Cody said. "I would say we need to see our hospitals settle down, our cases low and flat, and some stability before we would recommend taking away this very important prevention measure. And the other thing I would say is that even without a requirement, people will continue to mask indoors, it's part of many cultures and may well become part of our culture or at least in some segments as well."[/quote]

Old 09-29-2021, 01:36 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Well, given that the alarmists are now mandating masks again, even if we have been vaccinated, maybe the vaccine skeptics have a point. And they are doing so because the vaccines apparently not as effective as touted?

And to think many of us dutifully got vaccinated just so we would not have to wear the damn near useless things again. Those infernal carbon dioxide rebreather contraptions are not filter grade, you know.

If the alarmists want to full tilt, well, the idea of people going around wearing WW1 style Gummimasks is at least entertainingly absurd. Especially when the overwhelming number of people will recover from this completely.

Old 09-29-2021, 02:46 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
COVID Delta variant spooks consumers, slows California recovery: new report

The state has recovered only 62.1% of the 2.71 million jobs it lost during March 2020 and April 2020, at the outset of the COVID-linked shutdowns. That means California must still add a jaw-dropping 1.03 million jobs to regain the jobs it lost during those two months.

As a further measure of the weakness of the California economy, the Anderson Forecast predicted that the unemployment rate statewide will average 7.6% in 2021, before dropping to 5.6% in 2022 and 4.4% in 2023.

Old 09-29-2021, 03:14 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Well, given that the alarmists are now mandating masks again, even if we have been vaccinated, maybe the vaccine skeptics have a point. And they are doing so because the vaccines apparently not as effective as touted?

And to think many of us dutifully got vaccinated just so we would not have to wear the damn near useless things again. Those infernal carbon dioxide rebreather contraptions are not filter grade, you know.

If the alarmists want to full tilt, well, the idea of people going around wearing WW1 style Gummimasks is at least entertainingly absurd. Especially when the overwhelming number of people will recover from this completely.
I've had covid and the second vaccine shot had way worse side effects than covid. I'm still battling them 6 weeks later. Very sorry I got vaccinated. At least San Diego isn't pushing the ridiculous face diaper.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:10 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times

I'm fine with it either way, although they're still keeping them in most institutional settings. Personally, I'm glad we still have a mask mandate in schools. I'm on my third event of a kid's mask serving as a puke blocker and not getting coughed on, sneezed on, or just kid-blechhed on a daily basis is a pretty big upside to me.

Old 09-30-2021, 06:47 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
... masks serving as a puke blocker and not getting coughed on....on a daily basis is a pretty big upside to me.
I can think of a few adults I work with who fall into that category.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:52 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,698,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've had covid and the second vaccine shot had way worse side effects than covid. I'm still battling them 6 weeks later. Very sorry I got vaccinated. At least San Diego isn't pushing the ridiculous face diaper.
What are your side effects?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California