Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 07:21 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So it's basically like the flu vaccine you're gonna have to get another one every year
Let's hope not, with Pfizer letting other manufacturers make its experimental COVID-19 pill. Merck has supposedly also developed a similar antiviral pill.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:37 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I guess I don't see that people posting information/articles about the coronavirus on a thread entitled Coronavirus is "endlessly fretting over it at the individual level."

Those are your words, not mine. I didn't say people posting articles or talking about coronavirus fall into the category above. But good try attempting to erase all context from the quote. Unfortunately, you're not going home with any prizes today.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Yes, I know that mostly predates Delta, but why did they remove almost all non-vaccine safeguards and why are leaders acting as though it's okay for people having to be vaccinated several times per year and not knowing whether the last shot is still working? Where's the pressure on the current manufacturers to reformulate? The net effect is less trust in the vaccine and government, plus nervousness.

Something-something don't spread misinformation.
What does CDC/WHO/AMA/actual authorities on the subject say about the effectiveness of the vaccines? The only thing undermining trust are people who whip up misguided fear of the drugs based on their own uninformed speculation. That definitely includes you. It's really weird how someone so mindful of not being a conduit for this behavior is the biggest culprit of it on this forum. If you think this place matters (it doesn't, but whatever), then you wouldn't be throwing doubt on the effectiveness of the vaccines all the time. Think about that.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:56 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Those are your words, not mine. I didn't say people posting articles or talking about coronavirus fall into the category above. But good try attempting to erase all context from the quote. Unfortunately, you're not going home with any prizes today.
Oh I don’t know. Your comment read pretty much the same to me as to CA4Now.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh I don’t know. Your comment read pretty much the same to me as to CA4Now.

Then you didn't get the gist of the whole post either.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:04 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Then you didn't get the gist of the whole post either.
Or, you were maybe less clear than you thought and intended

Old 11-16-2021, 08:08 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Those are your words, not mine.
They are?

Quote:
Do you not see the nuance here between dedicating headspace (i.e. research) to something and endlessly fretting over it at the individual level?

Old 11-16-2021, 09:47 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So it's basically like the flu vaccine you're gonna have to get another one every year

I have seen that speculated in articles I have read. Myself, at this point I put it in the unknown category. From another article I read, research scientists at Stanford are working on a nasal vaccine. I recall the article mentioned Stanford was not alone in working on a nasal vaccine. The article stated that vaccination shots given in a muscle apparently don't result in as robust immune response in the type of cells (mucus) found in the nose & throat, as it does elsewhere in the body.

Old 11-16-2021, 10:43 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I have seen that speculated in articles I have read. Myself, at this point I put it in the unknown category. From another article I read, research scientists at Stanford are working on a nasal vaccine. I recall the article mentioned Stanford was not alone in working on a nasal vaccine. The article stated that vaccination shots given in a muscle apparently don't result in as robust immune response in the type of cells (mucus) found in the nose & throat, as it does elsewhere in the body.
Well, ya, it's in that unknown territory. That angers me more than everything since my work forced me to get the stab that almost killed me. I have no recourse other than to bleed them slowly with my pension for whatever time I have left

Old 11-16-2021, 11:13 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
If it were 1 annual dose of a vaccine that makes it very unlikely to catch or transmit COVID-19, that would be fine with me. The problem is that appears untrue for any vaccine currently in use and also makes it a mess to make sure people are up to date on their vaccination re mandates. I shouldn't be subjected to character assassination for telling the truth. I still feel strongly that people should take one of the current vaccines - but don't only rely on that to stay safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California