Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 11:39 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Youre an opinion giver which exactly what the rest of us are. No one deserves credit for anything and people who live for street cred on an internet forum (not referring to you or anyone specifically) need to re-evaluate their pathetic existence.
Not to mention most of these things are 50/50, so if she wasn't right, someone else would have been. It's not that hard to get some guesses right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
As the old saying goes, “even a broken clock is right twice a day”
YES

Old 12-23-2021, 11:55 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
What have I gotten wrong? I can't think of any incorrect predictions (not predicting some things isn't the same thing). Maybe LA won't end up firing many people for refusing to be vaccinated.

The point isn't opinion-giving (a waste of time here) or a scorecard, it's to influence behavior. Some individuals here need to modify how they discuss COVID (probably just as importantly elsewhere) and behave offline, and collectively we need to demand better, pandemic-ending policy from government.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:04 PM

I'm thinking of one of two common lingering symptoms. The loss of taste and smell from infections, and I'm assuming Omicron also often does that, won't be good for restaurants, including some people who work there. Although I personally want fewer people to dine at restaurants for the months ahead.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:09 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
What have I gotten wrong?

Lot's of your guessing is frequently wrong in the present. It has nothing to even do with your predictions. You tend to wonder aloud about something and when someone (usually me) points you right to information about that very thing, you dismiss it and move on to the next rumination.

Does it matter? No. Because this forum and all this is just talk and who really cares. But if you go around insisting you're modern day Nostradamus, you're going to catch flack for it just in general.

If you want recent specifics to your question above, was the J&J vaccine pulled from the shelves as you predicted? Nope.... along with fifty other things you've been dead wrong about.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:16 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
I heard hospitals are overflowing again. Do we now have to brace for increased restrictions or lockdowns again?

Everyone is war weary at this point. What has always worried me is the possibility that some new thing emerges that really does warrant heavy-handed restrictions and people ignore it because they were conditioned by covid19 and will see it as crying wolf.

Public officials squandered some of the more extreme safety measures on this and the long term effect will be even more resistance to those things in the future. That's not a good thing and is a direct result of ignoring actual science and deferring to the politically-based version instead.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:27 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
.... along with fifty other things you've been dead wrong about.
Wasn’t there a Paul Simon song about that? “… 50 Ways to Leave Your goodheathen Predictions”

Old 12-23-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Lot's of your guessing is frequently wrong in the present. It has nothing to even do with your predictions. You tend to wonder aloud about something and when someone (usually me) points you right to information about that very thing, you dismiss it and move on to the next rumination.

Does it matter? No. Because this forum and all this is just talk and who really cares. But if you go around insisting you're modern day Nostradamus, you're going to catch flack for it just in general.

If you want recent specifics to your question above, was the J&J vaccine pulled from the shelves as you predicted? Nope.... along with fifty other things you've been dead wrong about.
I didn't predict J&J would be pulled. I said it should be or probably should be. Since then the government has recommended mRNA vaccines over it, which means it's probably not buying much of it anymore and its use will dwindle except for example in prisons. Unless J&J comes up with a much better version.

You often misread what I write and use it against me.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:50 PM

Looks like no need for restaurant capacity restrictions now, because Omicron is already running off patrons.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...171940798.html
I didn't know about the Federal fund, and I don't actually want restaurants to go broke. Since the Federal government has slacked off there, Newsom the former restaurant guy should create a state program. Also, the government should require and fund N95 masks for restaurant employees, so that at least they can stay open for delivery and to-go meals. Edit: government should also do that to make workers feel safer and not cause crucial hiring shortages.

Last edited by goodheathen; 12-23-2021 at 02:01 PM..

Old 12-23-2021, 12:55 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
As the old saying goes, “even a broken clock is right twice a day”
Unless it's digital and the power is out

Old 12-23-2021, 01:57 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless it's digital and the power is out
That applies to everyone hear. This is a digital site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California