Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2022, 11:03 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I repeat you do you I’ll do me
And this is why we have one of the worst track records for COVID in the world (worst by aggregate numbers).

Old 01-01-2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Depends entirely on the demographic. If you're 50 + or an overweight 40 year old, yes, the risk of Covid is substantially higher than the risk of the vaccine. If you're a healthy teenage boy, it's at best, pointless to vaccinate them, at worst, it's borderline criminal to give them a vaccine that is more likely to cause injury than Covid itself. That's why Newsom let his kids get Covid and refuses to vaccinate them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...suggests-study
All vaccines cause some side effects. This is nothing new. If we hadn't mandated vaccines for measles, polio or small pox, who knows how many more people would've been killed in the process. Sort of ridiculous to try to cherry pick something to fit your political narrative, regardless of how many people are killed in the process.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:24 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I know someone who died but Pretty sure he died because he did not get his dialysis treatments not because of Covid itself
They did not give him his treatment because he had Covid they would not let him in the hospital…
Pretty sure then they counted him as a covid death.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Have you ever heard of breakthrough cases in vaccinated individuals for Polio or Smallpox? It's because those diseases don't mutate or exist in animal reservoirs that they are far more effective. After 80 percent of San Francisco's population is vaccinated, why do they have 4 times as many cases as last year? Everyone who wants a vaccine can get one now but don't force it on others.
Breakthrough infections for COVID among those vaccinated have a much lower rate of serious illness vs otherwise. Also, while they don't prevent the spread, it's been shown that the booster does reduce the risk of transmission. That in itself is reason for mandating vaccines in public places.

Again, I have no problem if someone doesn't get vaccinated if they don't come into contact with others. But, unfortunately, that's not how our society works. At some point, this complete self-reliance BS that the right spreads doesn't work in a real society.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Breakthrough infections for COVID among those vaccinated have a much lower rate of serious illness vs otherwise. Also, while they don't prevent the spread, it's been shown that the booster does reduce the risk of transmission. That in itself is reason for mandating vaccines in public places.

Again, I have no problem if someone doesn't get vaccinated if they don't come into contact with others. But, unfortunately, that's not how our society works. At some point, this complete self-reliance BS that the right spreads doesn't work in a real society.

Like this risk?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxhW97RXuPM

Old 01-01-2022, 11:38 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:

So you’re worried about unvaccinated spreading it among each other or something? If you’re vaccinated what does it matter to you?

Old 01-02-2022, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So you’re worried about unvaccinated spreading it among each other or something? If you’re vaccinated what does it matter to you?
I want us to control the spread as best possible, so we can return to a more normal way of life. Unvaccinated people are 1 - overrunning our healthcare systems to the point we can't operate as normal and 2 - increasing the viral spread in the community.

As I've said to you several times, it's not about me worried about getting sick. It's about me thinking about more than just myself. Apparently, many on this board weren't raised with this level of compassion towards their fellow man.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:14 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
I want us to control the spread as best possible, so we can return to a more normal way of life. Unvaccinated people are 1 - overrunning our healthcare systems to the point we can't operate as normal and 2 - increasing the viral spread in the community.

As I've said to you several times, it's not about me worried about getting sick. It's about me thinking about more than just myself. Apparently, many on this board weren't raised with this level of compassion towards their fellow man.
But the vaccinated can still spread it too. Marin County and SF have some of the worst case rates in the state and very high vax rates. And the healthcare system isn’t being overran in the Bay Area or coastal CA.

But yet you didn’t think about other people’s livelihoods and mental health with lockdowns so please spare us the virtue signaling.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:23 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
But the vaccinated can still spread it too. Marin County and SF have some of the worst case rates in the state and very high vax rates. And the healthcare system isn’t being overran in the Bay Area or coastal CA.

But yet you didn’t think about other people’s livelihoods and mental health with lockdowns so please spare us the virtue signaling.

Couldn't be better said! Do you think we will still be having the same debates a year from now? Covid isn't ever going to go away.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:27 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Maybe you should then stay out of public if you want to do you, instead of putting others at risk with your anti-vaccine / anti-mask views. That would be doing you.
Did you skip the part where I said both my Covid addled friends are triple vaxxed ? Also I am vaxxed so how can I be a anti vaxxer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California