Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2022, 09:19 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That's not what I was talking about, but yes. Vaccine mandates are worthless if they aren't enforced. Now there needs to be more effective vaccines for compliance to result in much-improved public health.

Did you read the link? We are talking about hefty fines of $10,000 for small mom and pop businesses that are barely keeping afloat? So they are very tough on the business owners who have everything to lose while remaining lenient on the criminals and pretty much leave them alone. Since the criminals have nothing to lose and fear, they are free to loot those businesss and assault the owners and workers without consequence. But only the business owner gets fined and punished for not enforcing those vaccine and mask mandates.

Old 01-30-2022, 09:24 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
"Up to."

People in that thread seemed to see $10000 and not the qualifier and then lose their temper. If a bad business keeps breaking safety rules, it deserves fines that might make it close.

Old 01-30-2022, 09:53 PM

Silly hypotheticals. A sensible owner in a very rough neighborhood would be using security measures and if there's outdoor dining would explain the fines and apologetically ask intimidating-looking people without proof of vaccination to dine outside. Very few people, unless quite under the influence, are so violent and crazy as to do serious harm if not blatantly disrespected. Businesses that realistically face eventual ruinous fines are because they don't believe in complying and protecting health of customers and employees. Escalating punishment is meant for them, not businesses that occasionally make mistakes.

You should make better use of your free time.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:06 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Silly hypotheticals. A sensible owner in a very rough neighborhood would be using security measures and if there's outdoor dining would explain the fines and apologetically ask intimidating-looking people without proof of vaccination to dine outside. Very few people, unless quite under the influence, are so violent and crazy as to do serious harm if not blatantly disrespected. Businesses that realistically face eventual ruinous fines are because they don't believe in complying and protecting health of customers and employees. Escalating punishment is meant for them, not businesses that occasionally make mistakes.

You should make better use of your free time.

You should get off this forum and go enforce those mandates you want to preach on here. Go up to random people at the mall who are walking around with their mask below their nose and tell them to pull it up and ask them if they have their vaccine cards.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:20 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Scientists will have to put their heads together again and come up with yet another vaccine because the new kid's in town. A new sub variant of the omnicron virus has reached California. Four cases reported in Yolo County. Apparently, it's 1.5 times more contagious than omnicron. I'll have to get out my calculator, though. I can't remember how many times more the omnicron strain was over the Delta or the Delta over the original. Must be a lot, though

Sorry. I know this isn't funny for people but the lunacy of it has me chuckling. It's never going to end. <sigh>

Old 01-30-2022, 10:38 PM

More nonsense.

I don't work security or regulations enforcement, and I definitely wouldn't enforce rules offline for free. People who do that work are used to uncomfortable situations and usually know how to keep them from exploding. The world needs some rules and enforcement thereof, and all rules don't get tossed because some rules are poorly enforced. It's time to accept that basic reality. If people don't believe current vaccines do any good or are appropriate to mandate, I disagree.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:48 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
You continue to demonstrate your ignorance, lack of knowledge and intellect. NPR is laughable. Keep embarrassing yourself by citing them as a source. I’m not surprised that you listen to their government funded gibberish.
Quote:
And yet you cite the NPR as reliable. I think Tucker is a doofus and a low IQ idiot who has zero talent like Bill Maher, but a broken clock is right twice a day and Tucker was spot on with NPR and 100% correct. NPR is filled with science denying clowns who do not understand the difference between indoor and outdoor plumbing. At least the likes of Bill Maher and Tucker are entertaining. If you are having a hard time falling asleep, tune into NPR.

Was Tucker lying about NPR? You’re deflecting like a typical demagogue would because being right is more important than truth. You’re desperate.
Your posts are increasingly humorous. “[I’m] deflecting”? Lol.

You have repeatedly accused NPR of being laughable, unreliable, and anti-science.

I rebutted by pointing out NPR has won probably more prestigious awards for journalism excellence than any other broadcast media.

Your response was to quote / link Tucker Carlson (who even you call a clown), one of extreme right-wing media’s biggest clowns and an admitted broadcast liar? Hilarious.

If the above doesn’t strike you as stupid upon reflection, I assure you it strikes other readers here that way.

Do you know what the word *specious* means? How about *sophistry*? I ask because those words sum up what Carlson is famous for. Was he right in his clip about NPR, you ask? The question hardly deserves an answer but, in a word: *no*. His (specious) selection was chosen to quote without context, for the purpose of ridicule. Sophists delight in that sort of thing. He is an idiot, a clown, a liar who searches for specious opportunities to delight idiot viewers. It’s not news. Not reporting. It is pure (low class) entertainment.

And you quoted / linked him to be serious.

Lol.

Now, what about those awards? … none of which have ever been won by Tucker Carlson.

But let’s go past your failure to support your accusation that NPR is garbage with anything other than just your anonymous declaration … no citations or analysis … just blather in the face of their many awards.

The funniest part about your attack against them (and me) is that you claim they:
*downplay the Omicron variant
You also implied that NPR’s coverage somehow, by virtue of this supposed “downplay” suggests:
*no need to wear masks
*no need for social distancing
*no need for vaccines

None of the above is stated anywhere in the story I linked … nor in any other reporting NPR has ever broadcast. If you believe otherwise, quote it. If you feel it’s simply implicit in their story by virtue of covering legitimate, multiple, research findings in multiple nations, by multiple efforts - then you simply have zero grasp of journalism's purposes and ethics. The story doesn’t take any position as you suggest. Nor are those positions implied. The story simply reports interesting research outcomes.

Quote:
That is why you take all the precautions you can in regards to covid. That’s been my position, but you cite an NPR article that downplays the Omicron variant. We still need to take all the precautions possible. Follow the science. We still need to wear masks, socially distance, and get vaccinated and boosted until the CDC and Dr Fauci say otherwise. You agreed that they are credible, let’s take the necessary precautions possible to save lives. I’m not sure it requires a science degree to come to such a consensus of listening to the experts.
Now here is yet another chuckle. I’m gonna remind you just who started this exchange between you and I … and with whose question about degree requirements: YOU asked me what science degree I had that I should even post an article (which is all I did and without commentary). See below:
Quote:
What is your science degree in? Goodheathen knows what they are talking about. NPR should stick with their LGBTQ and gender neutral nonsense. Let the real science be left to the adults.
Now you say: ”I’m not sure it requires a science degree to come to such a consensus of listening to the experts”.

Make up your mind … lol again.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,301 times
Personally I am 99.9% sure it's already in LA. It have same symptoms as regular flu, so unless someone goes to ER and gets tested, they will never know they were infected with it. Some might not even have symptoms that they had it
I am betting a lawsuit would result in ruling against federal and /or state officials. During ebola outbreak there was lawsuits and basically unless person had some
Quote:
type of symptoms
gov couldn't force mandatory quarantine. Also being there is only 2% mortality rate and likely will drop soon as they find what medication work, the mortality will drop much more. Can you imagine them trying to quarantine millions even in one city? I personally not only can't but they do not have the manpower to do it

Old 01-31-2022, 06:27 AM

426 posts, read 178,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Your posts are increasingly humorous. “[I’m] deflecting”? Lol.

You have repeatedly accused NPR of being laughable, unreliable, and anti-science.

I rebutted by pointing out NPR has won probably more prestigious awards for journalism excellence than any other broadcast media.

Your response was to quote / link Tucker Carlson (who even you call a clown), one of extreme right-wing media’s biggest clowns and an admitted broadcast liar? Hilarious.

If the above doesn’t strike you as stupid upon reflection, I assure you it strikes other readers here that way.

Do you know what the word *specious* means? How about *sophistry*? I ask because those words sum up what Carlson is famous for. Was he right in his clip about NPR, you ask? The question hardly deserves an answer but, in a word: *no*. His (specious) selection was chosen to quote without context, for the purpose of ridicule. Sophists delight in that sort of thing. He is an idiot, a clown, a liar who searches for specious opportunities to delight idiot viewers. It’s not news. Not reporting. It is pure (low class) entertainment.

And you quoted / linked him to be serious.

Lol.

Now, what about those awards? … none of which have ever been won by Tucker Carlson.

But let’s go past your failure to support your accusation that NPR is garbage with anything other than just your anonymous declaration … no citations or analysis … just blather in the face of their many awards.

The funniest part about your attack against them (and me) is that you claim they:
*downplay the Omicron variant
You also implied that NPR’s coverage somehow, by virtue of this supposed “downplay” suggests:
*no need to wear masks
*no need for social distancing
*no need for vaccines

None of the above is stated anywhere in the story I linked … nor in any other reporting NPR has ever broadcast. If you believe otherwise, quote it. If you feel it’s simply implicit in their story by virtue of covering legitimate, multiple, research findings in multiple nations, by multiple efforts - then you simply have zero grasp of journalism's purposes and ethics. The story doesn’t take any position as you suggest. Nor are those positions implied. The story simply reports interesting research outcomes.

Now here is yet another chuckle. I’m gonna remind you just who started this exchange between you and I … and with whose question about degree requirements: YOU asked me what science degree I had that I should even post an article (which is all I did and without commentary). See below:

Now you say: ”I’m not sure it requires a science degree to come to such a consensus of listening to the experts”.

Make up your mind … lol again.
Can you possibly drone on and be any more long winded? You are the type who likes to hear their own voice. You probably don’t ever shut up in a convo.

NPR is a joke. They are not credible for the simple fact that they don’t even admit to being a left leaning source. They claim to be neutral which is the furthest from the truth. I recall them calling out the Daily Wire for not being truthful to their viewers in regards to their political leaning, yet Daily Wire is quite upfront in their political leaning. It’s NPR, which is tax funded who isn’t truthful and they don’t know the difference between indoor and outdoor plumbing.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:55 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Can you possibly drone on and be any more long winded? You are the type who likes to hear their own voice. You probably don’t ever shut up in a convo.

NPR is a joke. They are not credible for the simple fact that they don’t even admit to being a left leaning source. They claim to be neutral which is the furthest from the truth. I recall them calling out the Daily Wire for not being truthful to their viewers in regards to their political leaning, yet Daily Wire is quite upfront in their political leaning. It’s NPR, which is tax funded who isn’t truthful and they don’t know the difference between indoor and outdoor plumbing.
Good morning.

I see you have once again ignored the fact that I pointed out the absence of ANY of the reporting you accused NPR of making in the story.

I see you have once again ignored NPR’s place in broadcast journalism awards history …

I see you once again defending an entirely undistinguished, extremist media in contrast.

Amusing, to say the least.

NPR, if you’d care to understand journalism ethics, is generally rated as:
“Overall, we rate NPR (National Public Radio) Left-Center Biased based on story selection that leans slightly left and High for factual reporting due to thorough sourcing and accurate news reporting.”
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/

More:
Sept. 2021 Editorial Review: NPR Online Remains Center, Close to Lean Left
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/npr-media-bias

More? You can research yourself. But it doesn’t seem you are the type to delve into objective review.

“Left-leaning”, by the way, with regard to Coronavirus coverage, would tend to favor story selections supporting science, Fauci, the CDC, and not be dismissive of masking, distancing, vaccination. … yes, the opposite of what you say NPR has done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California