Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2022, 11:35 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

One-Way Masking Works
If you’re vaccinated, boosted, and wearing an N95, you’re protected—no matter what others are doing.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:54 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
The only one who is writing screeds is you. Get over yourself. It’s apparent you don’t take offense easily and attack those who have a different opinion. Again, get over yourself. The Pulitzer has lost credibility as well for they give that prize out to anyone, like the NYT’s for investigative journalism. Please. Just more group think that apparently you subscribe to. It’s funny how Lester Holt while giving his acceptance speech in regards to the Edward Murrow award that journalists no longer need to be fair in their coverage of the issues. I’m not knocking the Pulitzer Prize or the Edward Murrow award, but that doesn’t absolve NPR from being leftist. Good try though. Again, how many Daily Wire stories did they have to retract? You might not like their brand, but they are honest unlike NPR.
So you don’t know the meaning of the word ‘screed’ either it seems.

And I’ll laughingly remind you that you are the one who started this exchange by attacking me. I hadn’t addressed you (never recall having ever even read a post by you in the past). You have referred to me as a ‘demagogue’ which word you clearly don’t understand … called me a “science denier”, when in fact I constantly reference science as always ruling in my thousands of posts. Accused me of disrespecting Fauci and the CDC when I have consistently respected them in my posts even when I haven’t adopted their positions.

Further, again, you ignore the fact that not one of your accusations about NPR’s reporting in the article I linked in question - not one - in fact can you quote examples of. Your accusations about their reporting are simply untrue.

Finally, you also continue to ignore that if NPR is “leftist” as you say, in contradiction to ALL media surveys, it would obviously support Fauci and CDC recommendations, rather than deprecate them as you accused.

Your protestations about both NPR and me are entirely vacuous and unsupportable. Hilariously so the more you respond.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:55 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
If Gavin Newsom and London Breed aren't afraid of omicron, why should everyone else be?

Picture-taking is not a valid reason to remove masks per the county's health order, and one cannot reasonably believe that Newsom, Breed, Garcetti and Johnson were diligently masking in the luxury box while not eating, drinking and taking photos.

Predictably, images of the maskless politicians sparked outrage among parents calling attention to the fact that the state and various localities are enforcing some of the toughest school mask mandates in the country. School mask mandates have come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks, with critics questioning the cost-benefit analysis of such restrictions on a population generally at very low risk of severe disease from COVID-19.

What hyper-cautious constituents who want to "follow the science" and allow public health bureaucrats to continue writing policy often miss is the extreme risk aversion of the public health apparatus. Per official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, an individual should never consume cookie dough, never eat medium rare steak and limit themselves to one or two alcoholic beverages per sitting.
I can’t believe some Californians are still worried about wearing masks and mandates. If I was a parent there I’d be screaming

Old 01-31-2022, 04:47 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Most definitely a storm brewing online over Newsom's little stunt yesterday. I can't wait to see what he says this time. I guess he's gotten used to asking forgiveness instead of permission. I don't know what he expects from people in this state when they see him out partying it up at a sporting event without a mask on. Clearly, all events require the attendee to wear a mask. When you see him without one, how can you not just say, "Forget it, I'm going to live my life the way I want. If he doesn't care to follow the rules, why should I?"

He's not making many friends across the country. If he intends on running for POTUS, he better clean up his act. He might not get too many votes.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:17 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Most definitely a storm brewing online over Newsom's little stunt yesterday. I can't wait to see what he says this time. I guess he's gotten used to asking forgiveness instead of permission. I don't know what he expects from people in this state when they see him out partying it up at a sporting event without a mask on. Clearly, all events require the attendee to wear a mask. When you see him without one, how can you not just say, "Forget it, I'm going to live my life the way I want. If he doesn't care to follow the rules, why should I?"

He's not making many friends across the country. If he intends on running for POTUS, he better clean up his act. He might not get too many votes.
Bite your tongue on him running for potus! He was the main reason I left Ca. I’d have to move to Mexico…..

Old 01-31-2022, 05:45 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

There is video too. He was in one of the all expenses paid boxes which yes, is inside. He's special.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:32 PM

426 posts, read 178,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yet you STILL haven’t addressed the fact that your accusations are not found anywhere in the article? Lol.

You don’t know the meaning of:
Screeds
Specious
Sophistry
Demagogue

Or anything about journalism, its ethics and responsibilities or ratings

You’ve got nothing here to back up your NPR protests but Tucker Carlson.

Did I say LOL?

Have a nice day.
Lmao. You are most definitely good for comic relief. This is a good laugh. Yeah, keep believing NPR is on the level. A news source that has won so many awards for their journalism yet avoided among the most crucial of events in regards to the whole Hunter and Joe Biden Story and their financial connections to the Ukraine, Russia, and China. Nothing to see here folks.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:51 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
Lmao. You are most definitely good for comic relief. This is a good laugh. Yeah, keep believing NPR is on the level. A news source that has won so many awards for their journalism yet avoided among the most crucial of events in regards to the whole Hunter and Joe Biden Story and their financial connections to the Ukraine, Russia, and China. Nothing to see here folks.
This exchange has indeed been good comic relief. Thanks for coming back again and again … avoiding any confirmation of your original attacks on the article content. ‘Nothing to see here folks’ is right. Not a shred of validation.

And now you want to play: “Oh look! Squirrel!” by dragging in Hunter Biden? Lolololol. You’ve gone from Tucker Carlson, to the Daily Wire, to Hunter Biden conspiracies. Next up QAnon Pizzagate?

Yes, NPR has won a raft of journalism’s most prestigious awards … speaks for itself … as does your inability to actually address your own original accusations’ non-existances.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:38 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Bite your tongue on him running for potus! He was the main reason I left Ca. I’d have to move to Mexico…..
Oh he'll do it. That's what he's been aiming for since he first entered politics. He's displayed some pretty poor judgment imo and I think (not certain, just think) those antics may have hurt him, along with the strong arm tactics that the rest of the nation view as stupid because they haven't really worked. But yeah, he's running. I'll bet you a hundred dollar Amazon gift card he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is video too. He was in one of the all expenses paid boxes which yes, is inside. He's special.
I know and he addressed it in a news story (after I had already posted my first comment on this matter) where he stated he took only one photo with Mr. Johnson but I guess he didn't realize there was another photo that popped up of him sitting in the bleachers, next to the mayor (?) of LA, having a great time. Although I looked around and noticed no one else in the seats were wearing masks so I assume all is safe in LA now and everyone's safe to resume regular activities.

Oh and you'll both enjoy this one ... There's talk now about dismantling death row at San Quentin. I saw it on Twitter earlier this evening. I suggested making the death chamber into a day spa and using the bed as a massage table. Not sure they'll do it but why waste usable equipment?

https://www.kcra.com/article/califor...h-row/38942939

Old 02-01-2022, 07:58 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
SAN FRANCISCO — The Omicron wave took a much greater toll on Southern California compared to the San Francisco Bay Area, where higher vaccination levels contributed to significantly lower death rates, according to a Times data analysis.

Southern California’s COVID-19 death rate during January was three times worse than the Bay Area’s, the data show. More than 2,400 COVID-19 deaths have been recorded in Southern California since New Year’s Day, the equivalent of about 11 deaths for every 100,000 residents. In the Bay Area, the death rate was 4 per 100,000 residents, totaling just over 300 deaths.

Dr. Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla, said the differences in deaths “can largely be accounted for by these important differences in percent [of people] vaccinated and boosted. Undoubtedly, other factors contribute, but their impact is likely much less.”

(...vax percentage rates of counties folllow...)

Other states appear to be faring worse than California in the past month. Florida’s January death rate is 36% worse than California’s; Texas’ is 48% worse; and New York’s is triple California’s, according to a Times analysis.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-than-bay-area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California