Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 11:28 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

No, don't be smug. Everyone would be happy if transmission of the virus were minimal, which without things like widespread mask-wearing to hold it down until it can be restrained by for example vaccines that block transmission much better seems pie-in-the-sky.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:30 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
No, don't be smug. Everyone would be happy if transmission of the virus were minimal, which without things like widespread mask-wearing to hold it down until it can be restrained by for example vaccines that block transmission much better seems pie-in-the-sky.
I for one rather have COVID and get the sniffles for 3-4 days than wear a mask 365 days of the year.

This idea of 0 COVID is insanity. If we tried this for every virus we would not be able to live!

Old 04-20-2022, 12:45 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
2 major distortions in two sentences. Why should I even bother to reply?

Old 04-20-2022, 02:02 AM

Quote:
2 major distortions in two sentences. Why should I even bother to reply?
I don't get what you're arguing.

Do you want to force others to wear a mask because you're scared of becoming sick?

Or what are you saying exactly. As you can see, only but the most neurotic of hypochondriacs have moved on from these mask mandates.

Old 04-20-2022, 07:27 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I for one rather have COVID and get the sniffles for 3-4 days than wear a mask 365 days of the year.
Must not have been "the sniffles" for the more than 400 people in the U.S. who are dying daily from COVID-19, based on the latest seven-day average.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:25 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
I wasn't being smug. I am giving a solution so everyone will be happy. You wanting to mandate everything might work for you but it doesn't for everyone and if masks (the right mask) does what it's supposed to do, the person wearing it will be protected. You seem to think that not wanting to wear a mask is somehow related to being ignorant but it's not. It's about not living your life in fear. Sorry if you thought my comment was snark. It was not intended to be.

Quote:
I don't get what you're arguing.

Do you want to force others to wear a mask because you're scared of becoming sick?
That's precisely what it is. Fear. When people continue to read stats day after day and stay focused on this virus, they'll never have a normal life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Must not have been "the sniffles" for the more than 400 people in the U.S. who are dying daily from COVID-19, based on the latest seven-day average.
And have you bothered to check the daily deaths on cancer and heart disease, too? Here in CA - at least according to our local news station - LA county has 226 positive patients in the hospital. That being the highest. The rest are listed on this nifty little chart, provided by KCRA. It lists covid only but that's what we're talking about here. It does not list whether these covid positive patients were hospitalized for some other reason but ended up testing positive for the virus. I'd still be interested in knowing the rates of cancer and heart disease too before I get my feathers all ruffled.

https://www.kcra.com/article/covid-1...nuary/38686084

Old 04-20-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Do you know the criteria for being considered a "COVID death"?

To put it simply, if a doc puts COVID diag code on part 1 of your death cert (COVID was the event that lead to a chain of events causing your death) OR part 2 (COVID contributed, but was not part of the chain of events that led to your death).

Contributing is so vague, many of those deaths are really deaths while COVID+ but not people who died FROM COVID.

It's good for you to not to pay attention to the statistics.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:38 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:

Contributing is so vague, many of those deaths are really deaths while COVID+ but not people who died FROM COVID.
Righto! Unless it's detailed, we don't know if a person died with it or from it.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Do you know the criteria for being considered a "COVID death"?

To put it simply, if a doc puts COVID diag code.....
How are COVID-19 deaths counted? It's complicated:
https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/h...-s-complicated

Trust the Truth - Not the Myths:
https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/a...ruth-not-myths

Quote:
It's good for you to not to pay attention to the statistics.
Right.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
And have you bothered to check the daily deaths on cancer and heart disease, too?
Heart disease and cancer are not transmitted by an airborne virus, so that's not an accurate comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California