Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 11:39 PM

42,711 posts, read 25,867,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Letting my daughter finish out her school year. Didn’t want to shift her to the other side of the country over halfway thru the school year. We have already purchased our new amazing huge home on 24 acres for an 1/8th of what a similar home and property would cost here in Kommiefornia. Moving trailer is booked, plans for the cross country drive and move are set, 2 weeks after my daughter finishes first grade we are putting this whole mess of a state firmly in the rear view mirror.

Sure California was fun when I first moved here in 2004. However it has gone steadily downhill every single year since. The current moron nazi wannabe in Sacramento has taken it from bad to worse and his abysmal handling of the China virus has made it all the worse. Never mind his EV demand that he doesn’t have the authority to even Implement, let alone his throwing taxpayer money at illegal border jumpers before US citizens. Gavin Newscum is a plague upon an already spiraling out of control state. You all can enjoy the fall. I’m getting my family the hell out of here and back to free America.
I hope you are happy when you move. My mother used to say "If you're not happy here, you won't be happy there"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 11:44 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,126,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I hope you are happy when you move. My mother used to say "If you're not happy here, you won't be happy there"
I was miserable there. I’m very happy in Idaho so guess your mom was wrong

Old 04-03-2021, 01:14 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
It’s not all sunshine and rainbows and skiing and surfing in the same day kid. You want the postcard or the real story? Ya know that old saying, never judge a book by its cover. Well, don’t judge California on the bikinis and the beach. While it might look good on the surface, this state is rotten to the core underneath.
Actually, it is for some of us

You’re hilarious. Got here in 2004 eh? I arrived in the mid-1960s and so have known the state and its ups and downs 4x longer than you ... and I still love it.

Old 04-03-2021, 01:17 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I was miserable there. I’m very happy in Idaho so guess your mom was wrong
So why do you keep coming back to the California forum to kvetch? You never - ever - sound even slightly happy.

Old 04-03-2021, 10:29 AM

4,212 posts, read 1,578,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Actually, it is for some of us

You’re hilarious. Got here in 2004 eh? I arrived in the mid-1960s and so have known the state and its ups and downs 4x longer than you ... and I still love it.
I think if he lived here in the 1970s-1980s, he would understand WHY we have such strict smog rules. I grew up playing recess inside because of stage 2 smog alerts.

Old 04-03-2021, 10:38 AM

26,573 posts, read 26,433,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I think if he lived here in the 1970s-1980s, he would understand WHY we have such strict smog rules. I grew up playing recess inside because of stage 2 smog alerts.
Stage 3 for us! (San Gabriel Valley.) Hard to believe the smog was as bad as it was, even into the early 1980s.

"Eye-searing, throat-burning smog smothered the Los Angeles area in a bourbon-colored blanket," The Times' front page said Sept. 14, 1979, as Obama was starting his first year at Occidental.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...htmlstory.html

Old 04-03-2021, 12:24 PM

4,212 posts, read 1,578,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Stage 3 for us! (San Gabriel Valley.) Hard to believe the smog was as bad as it was, even into the early 1980s.

"Eye-searing, throat-burning smog smothered the Los Angeles area in a bourbon-colored blanket," The Times' front page said Sept. 14, 1979, as Obama was starting his first year at Occidental.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...htmlstory.html
Thats where I grew up! El Monte/Baldwin Park/La Puente. I couldn’t remember what stage it was.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:42 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,627,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So why do you keep coming back to the California forum to kvetch? You never - ever - sound even slightly happy.
I agree with that. How happy can you be if a big part of your time is spent posting negative things. I have never met a happy person who is obsessed with negative thoughts.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:51 PM

26,573 posts, read 26,433,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Thats where I grew up! El Monte/Baldwin Park/La Puente. I couldn’t remember what stage it was.
I think I'm older than you are. We were pulled off the playground for third stage smog alerts in the 1960s. The smog problem in southern California has definitely improved with each decade.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:58 PM

30,852 posts, read 36,738,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I think I'm older than you are. We were pulled off the playground for third stage smog alerts in the 1960s. The smog problem in southern California has definitely improved with each decade.
I share in the general sentiment that California is an overtaxed and overregulated state. I also share the sentiment that, all too often, we allow drug addicts, the homeless, and those who come here illegally to do as they please while they seem to have no problem enforcing stuff on the working and taxpaying populace.

That said, something had to be done about the smog. Perhaps not every regulation was needed, but because of the unique issues presented by our geography and climate, they simply had to be stricter than in the rest of the U.S. where smog was / is less of a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California