Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 10:24 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Dang, I just adopted a new rescue dog a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. I wonder if that will fall into the "Chinese Virus" time frames?
Hate to see free beer get away, eh? . But the offer appears to be limited to Minnesota adoptions. If you want to move to the great frozen north to score a case of beer - um ... been there, done that ... never going back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 06:17 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,048,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
It's a open question if a gun shop is a "essential" business". You have to be a really good shot to hit a virus.
About the most idiotic thing I've ever read. Well, actually, no. I've already read this elsewhere, you are just repeating it like a good comrade.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:54 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,784,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
About the most idiotic thing I've ever read. Well, actually, no. I've already read this elsewhere, you are just repeating it like a good comrade.

You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is the decision to own a firearm for defense of one's self and family. is a decision that needs to be made before a situation like we currently have. ......not panic and rush out, stand in a long line at a gun shop to buy a gun during a shelter in place situation, in a high population area. The gun shop in the picture in the gun shop in the news article, was located in Culver City, in LA County. I sometimes wonder if those who like to throw around the word "comrade" online when they don't like somebody's posting, actually have a understanding of what it means

Old 03-30-2020, 09:49 PM

50,056 posts, read 46,553,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Busch Beer in Minnesota (my home state) has stepped up ... apropos to the recent turn in conversation here

Busch is giving 3 months' worth of beer to people who adopt or foster a dog during coronavirus crisis

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/us/fr...ons/index.html
My 3 months worth of beer might not match theirs

Old 03-30-2020, 09:51 PM

50,056 posts, read 46,553,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is the decision to own a firearm for defense of one's self and family. is a decision that needs to be made before a situation like we currently have. ......not panic and rush out, stand in a long line at a gun shop to buy a gun during a shelter in place situation, in a high population area. The gun shop in the picture in the gun shop in the news article, was located in Culver City, in LA County. I sometimes wonder if those who like to throw around the word "comrade" online when they don't like somebody's posting, actually have a understanding of what it means
Most of the people hitting me up to buy or borrow are already "gun guys" just their wife or GF refused to let one in the house. Now it's "go time" and they have decided they may actually want him to have one a bit too late.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:54 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,197,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen10 View Post
Actually, I had lived through real and total SHTF overseas. The kind where all dogs get eaten, because there's nothing else to eat. As a civilian. So my dear, I'm afraid it's you who's expert on nothing.

You really think bad guys will spare your dog? They'd just kill it, that's what they do. And if people lack meat or food in general for a long time, they'll eat others' dogs, lure them, etc, even in the culture where they're beloved pets, yes.

Well we’re not quite there. A gun is great to meet a violent action aimed at you. I doubt we’re gonna have Tulip Street homeowners raiding Peach road houses for meat potatoes and women. IF we get to the point where that happens we are no longer a country. Might as well call it United States Of Deathlands.
I don’t get the obsession with the world falling apart. Who really wants to live in a Mad Max live set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most of the people hitting me up to buy or borrow are already "gun guys" just their wife or GF refused to let one in the house. Now it's "go time" and they have decided they may actually want him to have one a bit too late.
Those aren’t gun guys. They're pistol whipped guys.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:24 AM

987 posts, read 768,390 times
Channel 3 - i've got a gun 7"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smpPkSsln5E

Old 03-31-2020, 10:39 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
Channel 3 - i've got a gun 7"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smpPkSsln5E
What exactly is the point of your posts linking crappy violent rock music about guns?

Old 03-31-2020, 10:42 AM

44,871 posts, read 59,846,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Well we’re not quite there. A gun is great to meet a violent action aimed at you. I doubt we’re gonna have Tulip Street homeowners raiding Peach road houses for meat potatoes and women. IF we get to the point where that happens we are no longer a country. Might as well call it United States Of Deathlands.
I don’t get the obsession with the world falling apart. Who really wants to live in a Mad Max live set?

Those aren’t gun guys. They're pistol whipped guys.
Maybe meat and potatoes. Not women, though, probably, since Peach Road is part of that Over 70 development.

More seriously, although California has gotten the press the same thing is happening in Maryland. People who were all in for more and more restrictions on firearms have decided they need one and discovered that the "common sense" laws for which they advocated have prevented their purchase.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:06 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,197,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Maybe meat and potatoes. Not women, though, probably, since Peach Road is part of that Over 70 development.

More seriously, although California has gotten the press the same thing is happening in Maryland. People who were all in for more and more restrictions on firearms have decided they need one and discovered that the "common sense" laws for which they advocated have prevented their purchase.
You reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California