Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 01:11 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Talk about misinformation. Have you bought ammo in the last three months? None of that is necessary. I’ve purchased a ton of ammo in the last three months and all that was required was my DL and a signature on a couple of forms. Took an extra 3 minutes.

As a side note if someone tries to steal my TP, they face my decision to cripple or kill
Things may have changed in the last 3 months. If so, that's progress.

Last time I bought ammo was last year, 1,000 rounds of .357 magnum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 01:24 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
So since you’ve had training that must mean you’ve often gotten beat down by regular guys? Just kidding, I couldn’t resist.
Lol I gave you the stick to beat me with i guess. I have gotten into only 1 self defense fight since learning martial arts and as soon as I defended myself the guy ran away so it was over in seconds.

Despite having training i never leave my place without a weapon of some sort because few people fight fair and you just never know. I am a firm believer in weapon ownership and weapons skills as well as open hand training.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:46 AM

585 posts, read 635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Things may have changed in the last 3 months. If so, that's progress.

Last time I bought ammo was last year, 1,000 rounds of .357 magnum.
That's a lot of speedy loaders. Even a rare .357 rifle like a Marlin 1894c is gonna be lever action and only hold 2 speedy-loaders worth of rounds

Old 03-28-2020, 07:36 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
That's a lot of speedy loaders. Even a rare .357 rifle like a Marlin 1894c is gonna be lever action and only hold 2 speedy-loaders worth of rounds
Yeah I think this should last me for awhile

Funny you should mention it, I recently bought a Marlin 1894c and plan to have some fun with it at the range.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:49 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I live with two German Shepherds & a rottie/lab mix. They are very loving & great friends...
That's nice.

https://harrisonk9.com/family-protection/

Old 03-29-2020, 01:45 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
You can load your own ammunition. Although, it is some expense up front for equipment, supplies & you need to educate yourself on the process, You can either buy the components locally or online and have them shipped to you.
I've found really good deals at times. 2 presses, 8 die sets for 60 bucks. That was a steal. I can load win mag for a fraction what the stores want.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:02 PM

228 posts, read 161,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Nicole Brown Simpson's dog, an Akita, likely witnessed her and Ron Goldman's violent murder.

I like dogs, and they're great alarm systems. But unless they're trained to be actual attack animals (which I abhor), they're not exactly a good security guard. A rational person might move on from a house filled with an angry sounding dog or dogs, but not all break-ins are committed by people with their faculties firmly in place.

If someone wants to get to the house they'll just kill a dog. Dogs can be shot or easily poisoned. They're only good as alarm system and emotional support animal.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:13 PM

Guys you might need a gun to protect your potato patch, which would be your year's food supply, and a stash of toilet paper soon. And your dogs, which will become valuable source of protein.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:17 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen10 View Post
If someone wants to get to the house they'll just kill a dog. Dogs can be shot or easily poisoned. They're only good as alarm system and emotional support animal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen10 View Post
Guys you might need a gun to protect your potato patch, which would be your year's food supply, and a stash of toilet paper soon. And your dogs, which will become valuable source of protein.
You’re quite the new expert here, eh? ... on nothing

Old 03-29-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You’re quite the new expert here, eh? ... on nothing
Actually, I had lived through real and total SHTF overseas. The kind where all dogs get eaten, because there's nothing else to eat. As a civilian. So my dear, I'm afraid it's you who's expert on nothing.

You really think bad guys will spare your dog? They'd just kill it, that's what they do. And if people lack meat or food in general for a long time, they'll eat others' dogs, lure them, etc, even in the culture where they're beloved pets, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California