Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 09:32 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothing View Post
At the risk of scaring the haters of truth, I’ll be candid.
Much of California is quickly becoming thirdworld in nature as thirdworlders take the state and flush out decent productive citizens. It’s become a state where criminality is championed and patriotism is discouraged. A state where mass degradation grows by the day.
The education system is a joke with emphasis on teaching the English language to foreign trespassers, the healthcare system is failed as citizens wait in emergency rooms for hours behind illegals, wait for appointments for weeks and months as illegals load the system down. Social services are maxed out by Mexico’s people. The highways are packed to capacity, the roadways are lined with trash, Modello cans and dirty diapers. Rents are off the charts high as illegals pack 14 to a two bedroom, enough homeless to fill many cities.
There is no money to be made in blue collar trades as illegals work off the books for slave wages, the middle class has been all but eliminated. California has become the state of inequality, the state of feast or famine with 1/3 of the people living in poverty.
California while home to only 12% of the nations population is home to 33% of the nations welfare recipients.
The quality of life in California has diminished for everyone but foreign trespassers. Unless one can afford to live far removed from the dregs California is no longer the “Golden State” nor is it the state of opportunity for anyone other than Mexico’s fleeing people.
Good job California...you ruined the nations crowned jewel.
Ya coulda fooled me! Have you been to the Bay Area lately? The Third Worlders are making six figures, and their talent is being fought over by the big tech companies. Aside from them, high-end First Worlders are (still!) moving there in droves, to the extent, that RE prices and rents have flushed out common laborers (both 3rd-World, and home-grown). The highways are packed to capacity with people making multiples of six figures, commuting to work. (Well, I mean, pre-Covid, they were. Are you living in a Covid-free zone, or something?) The homeless are mainly home-grown folks "flushed out" into the streets by the high rents/RE caused by the six-figures people "flushing" in.

If you don't like the decline in wages for tradespeople, blame Reagan, the great union-buster and the great "amnesty" granter to illegals. He started it. However, I must say, that plumbing and electrical companies are charging just as much as always. (I guess you haven't hired any lately. I have.) What the presence of unskilled plomeros does, is a) create a two-tiered system, where you get what you pay for, and b) give you the option of hiring someone who will make your plumbing problem even worse.

Emergency rooms are clogged, not by illegals (have you ever been to an emergency room? Outside LA?), but by home-grown folks "flushed out" by all those six-figure people flocking to booming urban areas, along with the usual emergency room cases. Part of the problem in some emergency rooms is understaffing, and population growth.

Where did you say you're from originally, junior member?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Just family, coworkers and neighbors (and not just a few) that live there or moved from there.
I've also spent a good deal of time in California and can easily see why people move away.
I don't hate it. I do like it, but would like to love it again.
You're just all over the board with this, I glanced through some of your recent posts and you seem to think that both Redding and San Diego would be good places to live, well in case you forgot both of those cities are in California, so it doesn't sound like you hate California at all or you wouldn't ruminate about moving here - yet jump in to this thread and tell us all how awful it is...funny how that works

Old 05-29-2020, 10:13 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You're just all over the board with this, I glanced through some of your recent posts and you seem to think that both Redding and San Diego would be good places to live, well in case you forgot both of those cities are in California, so it doesn't sound like you hate California at all or you wouldn't ruminate about moving here - yet jump in to this thread and tell us all how awful it is...funny how that works
Ah the interwebs strike again.
Redding? not sure what that was about unless it was something in the city v. city forum..
San Diego would be okay if it weren't overpriced.
I like living in the midwest and certainly don't "ruminate" over living somewhere else, just sharing thoughts and opinions because prior to moving here, we briefly considered California.
I started out mentioning where I've known Californians to move to and elaborated a little like most everyone else does.

Last edited by sub; 05-29-2020 at 10:34 AM..

Old 05-29-2020, 10:28 AM

7,066 posts, read 4,510,340 times
California is a beautiful state. Sleepy, what part of Nevada did you move to and not like?

Old 05-29-2020, 10:37 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
I started out mentioning where I've known Californians to move to and elaborated a little, you know, like most everyone else does.
Um no. Not so simple to backstroke, sub. On the one hand, you give away your strong ideological bias with some moderation here (in bold):
Quote:
No it's not completely bad, just a sad commentary on what California has become.
It would be nice to live closer to certain family members, but I won't live there for the expense, the crowds, and the extremist one-party politics which gleefully facilitates much of the madness.
I also happen to like lush greenery that doesn't require irrigation, boundless sources of fresh water, and cool summers with snowy winters that don't require this proud flatlander to live on top of a mountain.
As a blue-collar person, I also don't see any appeal at all living out in the middle of California just for the sake of living in California.
No thanks.
... but then you endorse KnowNothing’s complete rwnj rant / screed here:
Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with anything you're saying here, but the responses you're getting are to be expected.
So that’s a wrap.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:08 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,051,688 times
A lot of conservative types leave California because they don't like recycling programs, climate change measures, gay and lesbian people having equal rights, people speaking languages other than English, etc., etc.

Then when they get to their preferred Republican state, they talk a boatload of trash about California. So, the natives of those states get to hear this warped perspective of California from a right-wing standpoint. Then they'll turn on Fox News or OAN and hear more California-bashing by those people and, although they've never set foot in our great state, they then think they're "experts" about California and post pictures they googled of the worst parts of LA or SF.

Yet, should they venture to one of the cities in their state, they'd find homeless people under bridges, non-English speakers, same-sex couples, and recycling programs. Yet, they NEVER criticize that city or its politics, they save it all for California!

California is a state where most people live in an urban county (San Diego, SF, LA, Oakland, Fresno, Sacramento, San Jose, Riverside, etc.) so, of course we are a liberal state. We are also producing vast amounts of wealth and technology for the rest of the nation, and revolutionizing people's lives all over the planet.

This is truly an awesome state to live in, and an awesome time to live in it, even if I live out in the exurbs .

Old 05-29-2020, 11:19 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
I know a few flaming liberals that moved to places like Vermont and Maine. I'm not convinced that every liberal (or conservative) is truly that way, but they profess certain views to fit in and are really interchangeable. Or they have a narrow agenda that outweighs all their other views.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:23 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
A lot of conservative types leave California because they don't like recycling programs, climate change measures, gay and lesbian people having equal rights, people speaking languages other than English, etc., etc.

Then when they get to their preferred Republican state, they talk a boatload of trash about California. So, the natives of those states get to hear this warped perspective of California from a right-wing standpoint. Then they'll turn on Fox News or OAN and hear more California-bashing by those people and, although they've never set foot in our great state, they then think they're "experts" about California and post pictures they googled of the worst parts of LA or SF.

Yet, should they venture to one of the cities in their state, they'd find homeless people under bridges, non-English speakers, same-sex couples, and recycling programs. Yet, they NEVER criticize that city or its politics, they save it all for California!

California is a state where most people live in an urban county (San Diego, SF, LA, Oakland, Fresno, Sacramento, San Jose, Riverside, etc.) so, of course we are a liberal state. We are also producing vast amounts of wealth and technology for the rest of the nation, and revolutionizing people's lives all over the planet.

This is truly an awesome state to live in, and an awesome time to live in it, even if I live out in the exurbs .

Ditto!

If people were to actually talk to the homeless and find out their life stories, they would learn that most come from red states. They get bused in and end up at greyhound depots around California. LA's skid row is like a block away from the bus station.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:30 AM

735 posts, read 452,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post

So true!

Old 05-29-2020, 11:31 AM

735 posts, read 452,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ya coulda fooled me! Have you been to the Bay Area lately? The Third Worlders are making six figures, and their talent is being fought over by the big tech companies. Aside from them, high-end First Worlders are (still!) moving there in droves, to the extent, that RE prices and rents have flushed out common laborers (both 3rd-World, and home-grown). The highways are packed to capacity with people making multiples of six figures, commuting to work. (Well, I mean, pre-Covid, they were. Are you living in a Covid-free zone, or something?) The homeless are mainly home-grown folks "flushed out" into the streets by the high rents/RE caused by the six-figures people "flushing" in.

If you don't like the decline in wages for tradespeople, blame Reagan, the great union-buster and the great "amnesty" granter to illegals. He started it. However, I must say, that plumbing and electrical companies are charging just as much as always. (I guess you haven't hired any lately. I have.) What the presence of unskilled plomeros does, is a) create a two-tiered system, where you get what you pay for, and b) give you the option of hiring someone who will make your plumbing problem even worse.

Emergency rooms are clogged, not by illegals (have you ever been to an emergency room? Outside LA?), but by home-grown folks "flushed out" by all those six-figure people flocking to booming urban areas, along with the usual emergency room cases. Part of the problem in some emergency rooms is understaffing, and population growth.

Where did you say you're from originally, junior member?

Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California