Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 07:45 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,512 times

Advertisements

Californians that are leaving the state... which states are they moving to? : Not meant to start a political discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 08:30 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Interesting. If you don't mean to start a political discussion, why is the thread titled, Where are liberal Californians moving to? Conservatives?

Who you tryin' to fool?

Old 05-13-2020, 02:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
Californians that are leaving the state... which states are they moving to? : Not meant to start a political discussion.
Of course you did. The US is the ONLY country(and it's embarrassing to say the least) where some people actually would let this be an issue. Ask any Canadian, they live where they want to, who cares if the neighbor next door has a different POV. As long as they're not noisy.

Smart people look at COL, climate, schools if they have kids, etc. Not how people vote.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:28 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
Well if one trusts the input from various other forums out there, I'd say the California Liberals are without a doubt flooding places like Prescott Arizona, Salt Lake City Utah, Boise Idaho, Seattle Washington, Denver Colorado and Dallas and Austin Texas just to name a few. Go visit those forums and watch the wars underway. Nothing new there.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:34 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Of course you did. The US is the ONLY country(and it's embarrassing to say the least) where some people actually would let this be an issue. Ask any Canadian, they live where they want to, who cares if the neighbor next door has a different POV. As long as they're not noisy.

Smart people look at COL, climate, schools if they have kids, etc. Not how people vote.
Yeah but it’s not as prevalent in real life as it is in these threads or as the media makes it out to be. Most people don’t care too much about politics, voter turnout will show you that. Besides that, most people are right in the middle with both liberal and conservative views on different topics.

I’ve never known one person who left this state over politics. They may be glad to be done with the politics, but it was a job, COL, or family that prompted the move. I know plenty who like to complain, especially now, but they’re not about to leave. I guess it’s no different than all the “celebrities” that said they’ve move to Canada if Trump won. Politics is way down on the list on why people move/don’t move to a city/state.

Old 05-13-2020, 07:41 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Yeah but it’s not as prevalent in real life as it is in these threads or as the media makes it out to be. Most people don’t care too much about politics, voter turnout will show you that. Besides that, most people are right in the middle with both liberal and conservative views on different topics.

I’ve never known one person who left this state over politics. They may be glad to be done with the politics, but it was a job, COL, or family that prompted the move. I know plenty who like to complain, especially now, but they’re not about to leave. I guess it’s no different than all the “celebrities” that said they’ve move to Canada if Trump won. Politics is way down on the list on why people move/don’t move to a city/state.
This is true but I don't know of one person that moved that wasn't happy they moved. I guess it depends on how depressed they were here. Couldn't afford a home, couldn't get a decent paying job. I've heard about missing the weather but not much else.

Old 05-13-2020, 07:48 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is true but I don't know of one person that moved that wasn't happy they moved. I guess it depends on how depressed they were here. Couldn't afford a home, couldn't get a decent paying job. I've heard about missing the weather but not much else.
I’ve been thinking about moving for years and I’ll gripe about the politics, but the real driver is the COL. Politicians come and go and that wouldn’t be the only reason to go.

I have to admit that watching Newsom’s performance now makes me start thinking again.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:03 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
I don’t know anyone who has plans to move out of state. But that is real life. OTOH this site would make you think otherwise.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:08 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:

I don't either. I know people who moved after the 94 Northridge quake, and as you said COL, job transfer, or family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh I now more than a few who left and came back here. I am one of them, I moved to Portland, OR for 3 years and came back. Didn't mind the weather, drivers were very courteous, and people were polite. But at that time you were treated like to a quote a movie line "your friends make me feel like I am invited for dinner and everyone else is staying for dinner'"..LOL.

You were an outsider, and coming from CA you were always going to be an outsider, Only friendships I made in 3 years was a couple from N. CA. It's known as the "freeze", and it's a real thing in the PNW.

I know people who went to TX and came back.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:42 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:

I left because I was done with everything California including politics. The only way I would ever consider moving back is if Gruesome is gone and Ca has a decent governor. The way he’s leading 40. Million people scares the crap out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California