Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 04:29 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I’m a business owner that experienced the same **** you did. I sold my business in Jan, put my place up for sale in March, moved to Arizona in May. My place just closed yesterday so now have cut every tie I had with Ca. I’ve never felt so free and I’m happy to wake up here every morning. Just ignore Tullemutt and his idiotic opinions. He doesn’t even live in Ca most of the year and never even finished high school
You sound awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 04:34 PM

26,724 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
that's why so many are leaving right? facts are facts and people are leaving calif for obvious reason...

my experiences over 60 years living there are not anecdotal.... - they are real and they effect everyone.
I'm amazed that you put up with it for over 60 years - that is one heck of a long time!

Old 06-07-2020, 02:37 PM

809 posts, read 468,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
i do - my point is there state is not the same i grew up in and there are others places that offer me the things that are important to me, my family and peace of mind. Anyone who has lived there like i have for 60 plus years has seen and felt the changes. Its important that others know there are many more like you and me that have found another place to rest our bones.

Not all calif is a hell hole but enough of it that to me its not worth staying. just yesterday there was BLM rally in the city i grew up in - stopping traffic -closing stores and disrupting life for the majority. i like living where there is a stop sign, where the post office calls you to tell you your package is there, where people actually wave at you and mean it and i think others like me and you need to know there are happier places to live. I hated to leave - the house that i wend 35 years, remodeled 4 times, saw my kids grow up in, the parties, graduations etc but i could not just sit by any longer and have politicians i did not pay my fair share or watch illegals get all the free crap or watch the schools dumb down any longer - good luck to you and god bless

PS we looked a prescott fell in love with the place but by the time we got ready to leave prices were out of sight
This quote: "just yesterday there was BLM rally in the city i grew up in - stopping traffic -closing stores and disrupting life for the majority"

Feel free to leave our great state of California. We stand for human rights in this state. Thanks!

Old 06-07-2020, 04:08 PM

295 posts, read 143,521 times
i did two years i also believe in human rights but i also believe in property rights - rights to bear arms and right to protect those i love and what i have worked so hard for.

you progressive think its ok to steal and loot in the name of human rights - i dont and most other dont also -- you cant justify looting and stealing and shooting cops because one dumbas cop did something real stupid- what about all the cops that have been shot in the few days protecting you?

protest all you want but you dont have the right to infringe on my rights either or disrupt my life or steal or loot in the same of human rights

Old 06-08-2020, 10:19 AM

12,833 posts, read 9,552,972 times
bro

Old 06-12-2020, 06:50 AM

11,050 posts, read 6,639,868 times
I grew up in OC and to me, it's eucalyptus trees, orange groves, strawberry fields, the Laguna Greeter, the Pageant of the Masters, picnics at the beach, surfers. Much of that has changed. I used to be able to ride my horse through the orange groves to the beach, lol.

I also lived in the wine country and that is emblematic of California. The sheep dog trials of Boonville where I had my first microbrew beer, the rugged coastline and forests of the North...it's all so fabulous IMO, despite it's problems.

The interior can be quite affordable...we were building a house on Clear Lake then realized it was too poor an area for stick built houses, lol.

Aside from nature, the defining aspect of CA is the insane home appreciation. At age 22, I bought my first home in Mission Viejo for $72,000 and thought I missed out since originally it was $28,000. Now it's $750,000. My parents home went from $35,000 to $1.2 million. That changed a lot of people's lives.

If I could live on the beach, I'd still be there. Perfect weather and all!

Old 06-13-2020, 01:14 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Everyones face buried in a phone. Police helicopters circling overhead, noisy leaf blowers.
Unfortunately, that isn't unique to California...that's just modern urban/suburban living, coast to coast in this country.

I think I get your point, though, that California's culture is pretty bland compared to other states, and that Bulgogi Tacos, avocado toast, and California Rolls simply can't compete with the rich culinary traditions of Northeastern and Southern cities. Or that the Californian accent has become the standard American accent and that it's bland and generic.

Old 06-13-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I also lived in the wine country and that is emblematic of California.
Frenchman: Excuse me? Please don't act like California invented Champagne!

Old 06-13-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
Balmy, sweet, salubrious weather that lulls you into a belief that everything will be okay.
Assuming you live in Coastal California and you're paying $$$$$$$$$ for housing. Inland California weather gets much, much hotter.

Old 06-13-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
I was referring to the Socal coastal areas. The parts coveted by the realtor/Hollywood/reality show/suburban normie/carculture/fast food burger paradises..
Right. The touristy part that people from the East Coast/South visit, and say, "Oh, the summers are so mild here!" The part where they try to move to until they find out it's ultra-expen$$$$ive and that anywhere with even semi-affordable housing is further inland where it gets much, much hotter.

But, hey, what does the average tourist know? The Inland Empire (apart from Palm Springs) and the Central Valley aren't exactly tourist destinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California