Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 12:50 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Cali - Don't you get tired of being proven wrong?
... or maybe you should learn the difference between direct and indirect spending some day.

For instance, are housing vouchers considered "Direct" or "indirect" spending? At which level, state or city? If they are provided for an illegal alien vs a legal citizen, which category does the spending fall into? Do you even know the differences?

We'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 03:24 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
For those posters taunting those who don't live in California anymore. Remember the motto what happens in Vegas stay in Vegas is inaccurate in terms of policy making, in other words what happens in California doesn't stay in California. When progressive minded people get priced out of California they are going to move to where the less progressives moved to prior but they would bring their lobbying with them and make their "new" state of domicile just like the one they left behind.

For the one on the water, i bet many times not withiin Calilfornia anymore. I be curious how much this poster pays to fill up his boat? I guess its t probably a sailboat.

It seems there are a lot of people living in California who would continuously compare California with social Democracies in the European Union and would comment in how California taxation as still too low compared to EU countries and continue to lobby for social programs and higher taxes.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:38 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
For those posters taunting those who don't live in California anymore. Remember the motto what happens in Vegas stay in Vegas is inaccurate in terms of policy making, in other words what happens in California doesn't stay in California. When progressive minded people get priced out of California they are going to move to where the less progressives moved to prior but they would bring their lobbying with them and make their "new" state of domicile just like the one they left behind.

For the one on the water, i bet many times not withiin Calilfornia anymore. I be curious how much this poster pays to fill up his boat? I guess its t probably a sailboat.

It seems there are a lot of people living in California who would continuously compare California with social Democracies in the European Union and would comment in how California taxation as still too low compared to EU countries and continue to lobby for social programs and higher taxes.
Guessing you mean me. And I already answered this question of yours previously: yes, a sailboat. Several sailboats actually. Plus kayaks, canoes, rowing skiffs. I think my present inventory is 13 boats. That covered for you, the sailboats do have auxiliary power. One has a little propane outboard. But my main boat has an electric drive I designed and built myself. I keep the batteries charged by shore-power at the dock, and have solar panels too. Plus I do take a small, portable gas generator along if I am going out for a few days trip away from shore power.

Will mention that I drive a diesel van which I use to tow my boats up and down the west coast. I put about 30k miles a year on that puppy. I’d guess 2/3rds of that fuel I purchase in California. Am I kvetching about the fuel prices? Nah. Cost of doing my lifestyle. Which I love.

Covered sufficiently now?

Old 06-22-2020, 09:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
... or maybe you should learn the difference between direct and indirect spending some day.

For instance, are housing vouchers considered "Direct" or "indirect" spending? At which level, state or city? If they are provided for an illegal alien vs a legal citizen, which category does the spending fall into? Do you even know the differences?

We'll see.
Section 8 vouchers are funded by the feds. The data I gave you is for State and Local General Expenditures, Per Capita. Get it now?

Old 06-22-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Section 8 vouchers are funded by the feds. The data I gave you is for State and Local General Expenditures, Per Capita. Get it now?
Incomplete, and WRONG. You do not understand the difference between direct and indirect spending in government accounting (I knew you didn't just by the table you posted). That much is obvious. This is especially important in California's case where illegal aliens reap many benefits through indirect funding. So your numbers that you found are nearly $25 billion dollars OFF in accuracy.

California is the number ONE welfare state in the US in total expenditures and per capita expenditures once you reasonably calculate the illegal alien factor (and in most cases it's under calculated).

I would suggest MORE READING, and less posting on this topic in your case.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Incomplete, and WRONG. You do not understand the difference between direct and indirect spending in government accounting (I knew you didn't just by the table you posted). That much is obvious. This is especially important in California's case where illegal aliens reap many benefits through indirect funding. So your numbers that you found are nearly $25 billion dollars OFF in accuracy.
California is the number ONE welfare state in the US in total expenditures and per capita expenditures once you reasonably calculate the illegal alien factor (and in most cases it's under calculated).
I would suggest MORE READING, and less posting on this topic in your case.
I was responding to this comment of yours
Quote:
"For instance, are housing vouchers considered "Direct" or "indirect" spending"
It's irrelevant since you started this post by saying this:

Quote:
How can a state that spends the MOST on welfare, still have the HIGHEST poverty rate?
So you start the thread wanting to talk about state spending but you failed there, so now you want to move the goal post and talk about federal spending? uh uh sweetie that dog don't hunt.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
So you start the thread wanting to talk about state spending but you failed there, so now you want to move the goal post and talk about federal spending? uh uh sweetie that dog don't hunt.
Nope, never made the distinction (you're trying to right now in a somewhat desperate bid to take away attention from the fact that you were severely wrong, that's okay though, I get it ). I'm talking about the dollar value of the California welfare state, which you incorrectly tried to calculate, and which I kindly reminded you of it's actual dollar size since I actually do know what I'm talking about having dealt with government contracts as part of the SBA and knowing how basic accounting rules work (something you clearly have never had experience dealing with).

My main point was for all the money spent, California has shown very little reduction in poverty. In fact the poverty has remained relatively unchanged but the size of the welfare state's budget has grown, greatly. Everything else was a distraction you tried to create in some weird attempt to deflect away from the fact that you know I'm right, and all the measurements and metrics show I'm right.

Quote:
uh uh sweetie that dog don't hunt.
I love Boomer humor.

Now since we've established that you need to do more reading on this topic, I'm going to draw some "dog faced pony soldiers".

Last edited by CaliRestoration; 06-23-2020 at 09:36 AM..

Old 06-23-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I love Boomer humor.

Now since we've established that you need to do more reading on this topic, I'm going to draw some "dog faced pony soldiers".
And yet, again, you don’t address the correction

“We” haven’t “established that sleepy needs to do more reading”. Your declaration doesn’t make it so.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And yet, again, you don’t address the correction

“We” haven’t “established that sleepy needs to do more reading”. Your declaration doesn’t make it so.
You're a loyal guy Tule, despite losing odds. That's actually an admirable quality.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
You're a loyal guy Tule, despite losing odds. That's actually an admirable quality.
And yet another diversion from addressing the issue on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California