Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 01:22 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
i guessed since i lived in the state 64 years before leaving i have not right under free speech to state my opinion of huh? another progressive thats wants you to shut up if you don agree with them i guess - but i wont and i will comment whenever i want on any subject in any forum i want under the first amendment - like you you can keep winning about my opnions as i too get joy reading comments
That’s another thing that mystifies me. If you disagree with the obsessive tirade, you must be liberal or progressive. I’m actually conservative.

When and if I leave California you can bet I won’t look back. I certainly won’t come back to biatch and moan about things that don’t even affect me anymore.

Of course you’re free to post wherever you want, but expect to be called on your BS and expect to be called out on your obsessive behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 01:30 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
i guessed since i lived in the state 64 years before leaving i have not right under free speech to state my opinion of huh? another progressive thats wants you to shut up if you don agree with them i guess - but i wont and i will comment whenever i want on any subject in any forum i want under the first amendment - like you you can keep winning about my opnions as i too get joy reading comments
Happly, some of the people here you are referring to who chide you for your sour attitude are conservatives and independents who have lived in California as long and longer than you have. And none of them are suggesting you don’t have the right to speak your opinions. What they are saying is, in their free opinion: your sour grapes opinions seem quite sadly bitter over trivial issues.

By the way, do you understand what the First Amendment right of free speech is about? It refers to government interference with speaking freely. It doesn’t protect how private citizens or businesses respond to or limit what you might say wherever you speak your mind. Regardless, no one has tried to shut you up. Some are just kinda laughing at you. Which is also freedom of expression, eh?

Old 06-20-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
That’s another thing that mystifies me. If you disagree with the obsessive tirade, you must be liberal or progressive. I’m actually conservative.

When and if I leave California you can bet I won’t look back. I certainly won’t come back to biatch and moan about things that don’t even affect me anymore.

Of course you’re free to post wherever you want, but expect to be called on your BS and expect to be called out on your obsessive behavior.
Oh conservative Mike 930 ina house ! ... for example ... lol

Old 06-20-2020, 02:18 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
This thread is just full of warm fuzzies. It’s good to see everyone getting along.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
Geez, people. Go watch Debbie Does Dallas IV or something.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:24 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times
Remember guys, it's not the one pin prick that kills you, it's the other 999 that preceded it that help kill you.

https://californiaglobe.com/section-...ome-tax-rates/

Here are the downstream effects according to Census data.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:48 AM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
It's death by a thousand cuts, thats why California cost of living is so high, tax everything.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It's death by a thousand cuts, thats why California cost of living is so high, tax everything.
Last I checked, I’m not dead. Seems as though you aren’t either Vega.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:48 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It's also a self feeding ineffective monster. California has the largest welfare system in the country based on dollars spent by FAR.

How can a state that spends the MOST on welfare, still have the HIGHEST poverty rate?

If you can honestly answer that question, you will know the answer as to why socialized welfare will never fix the homeless, and poverty problems in California.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:08 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
It's also a self feeding ineffective monster. California has the largest welfare system in the country based on dollars spent by FAR.
How can a state that spends the MOST on welfare, still have the HIGHEST poverty rate?

If you can honestly answer that question, you will know the answer as to why socialized welfare will never fix the homeless, and poverty problems in California.
Cali - Don't you get tired of being proven wrong?

Alaska, New Mexico, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, DC, & New York all spend more per capita on welfare than California
https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/stat...ditures-capita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California