Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2020, 12:21 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
you must be confused if you think California will have more deaths than Texas this year when that has never happened in history.
I believe that was your claim, not mine.

"In history"? The novel Coronavirus had not existed until the end of 2019.

Quote:
You're trying your best to make it seem like people are laying dead in the street over there.
Excuse me? I thought you said that people were collapsing and dying on the street and that I wasn't taking it seriously enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 12:23 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,446,330 times
Quote:
I didn't know this last part is going on in Australia.

Friends on the Gold Coast told me they were cut off from travel a long time ago but I believe those restrictions have been lifted now. It's not the only place to have travel restrictions though. Family in Costa Rica told me the same thing happened there very early on and in spite of dropping their Rt initially, case numbers came back up later in the summer.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:24 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,971,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I believe that was your claim, not mine.

"In history"? The novel Coronavirus had not existed until the end of 2019.
The term "coronavirus" was coined in 1968, the same year the world trade center started construction and 911 was made the national emergency number. Of course it's just a coincidence.

Quote:
Excuse me? I thought you said that people were collapsing and dying on the street and that I wasn't taking it seriously enough.
No I didn't say that, you misunderstood.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Well, in fairness, Australia tends to be much more pragmatic about passing laws that benefit society as a whole.

Hah. Well I don't know if Australians feel that way about all of this supposed pragmatism. The ones I know don't exactly think everything imposed upon them is for the better. They also fine you for not voting there.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:27 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,276,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Hah. Well I don't know if Australians feel that way about all of this supposed pragmatism. The ones I know don't exactly think everything imposed upon them is for the better. They also fine you for not voting there.
The ones I know actually do like these laws to protect them. As they've put it, they took elements of what is good from America and learned from our mistakes.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:28 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,971,509 times
Quote:
The ones I know actually do like these laws to protect them. As they've put it, they took elements of what is good from America and learned from our mistakes.
Well I'll concur with joosoon because I first heard about these laws from an Australian last month and they are freaked out and DON'T like it. The ones who do are sheep who think the government cares for them when that couldn't be further from the truth. Of course each of our experiences with Australians are anecdotal but who likes their free will/choice taken away, especially under the fake guise of helping the public?

Old 09-17-2020, 12:30 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
If efficacy of all the supposed covid vaccines really runs that low, it will be an even harder sale to a reluctant public. I've talked to a lot of people, not anti-vax types at all, who are already leery of a vaccine that might be rushed to mass production. I can't say I'm not somewhat in their camp on that matter. Knowing that it might only give coin-flip odds would definitely affect my own consideration for getting it. Let's hope those estimates you saw turn out to be a little better if and when a vaccine gets approved.
This year is like, what now? What else can go wrong.

injection site Sarcoma would just top it off

Old 09-17-2020, 12:31 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Quote:
So if someone posts a video on May 7th and says a hurricane will make landfall on certain dates (over 5) based on gematria/weather warfare (aka looking at dates with certain numerology), and it happens, you're just going to chalk it up as tinfoil? If that accurate of a prediction, where the only dates a hurricane made landfall in the Americas were on dates picked on May 7th, then nothing will wake you up.

Even this archived NYT article discussing how the US Army used weather warfare (and it was admitted 10 years before then by the Royal Army), won't be enough evidence for you and you'll still think weather warfare is a conspiracy: https://www.nytimes.com/1972/07/03/a...ochina-is.html

These events (coronavirus, the fires, hurricanes) may seem unrelated to you but if you up your awareness level you'll see what's going on.

Yeah I was wrong about the seriousness of the virus because I fell into the media trap about it, and those Chinese videos of people collapsing appeared so real. Then there were carefully crafted stories once the virus started reaching the west of people falling down, but only a handful here and there outside of China. That's when I started looking into it and what do you know, they all have a part in instituting the NWO. All China did was show the west how it can quarantine more authoritatively but Australia is trying to challenge this.
Yup. Tinfoil, possible fraudulent. For all I know the person made videos constantly until they got one right. I flat out don’t believe it.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:33 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,945,151 times
Quote:
Tyranny? I call it looking out for public safety vs a free-for-all.
In other words, you support tyranny but you are too chicken bleep to call it what it is.
Great work, comrade.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post

Looking only at the state charts, it would appear that we should model our policies after Wyoming.
That's the folly of drawing conclusions from single point data (not implying you did this).

Obviously, factors like population density have a lot to do with things re: infectious disease. This is all the more reason a national one-sized-fits-all policy would be fruitless in a nation as vast as the U.S. and is the reason we shouldn't rely so heavily on what worked in other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California