Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 09:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

I do wear my mask and mainly because I know it makes some feel better, but I also have my doubts how much good they really do, not to mention many are worn incorrectly or with no filters of any kind. That doe really do much good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 09:58 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't think you grasp the rudiments of how a virus spreads. The masks are principally for the protection of others. How do you not get that, after arguing about masks in this forum and the L.A. forum for the past three months?
Did you mean "for the protection of others" or "from the protection of others"???? I thought wearing a mask was for our protection. So we wouldn't inhale virus particles transmitted by others? But is it now suggested that we are the carriers and infecting others?

Old 07-15-2020, 10:21 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,814,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Did you mean "for the protection of others" or "from the protection of others"???? I thought wearing a mask was for our protection. So we wouldn't inhale virus particles transmitted by others? But is it now suggested that we are the carriers and infecting others?

I think early on it was recommended that you wear a mask if you were not feeling well.....the idea was to protect others and... also to try avoid development of a shortage of masks available for healthcare workers, by not suggesting everybody wear a mask. Things have evolved since then and wearing some sort of mask is recommended for everyone when out and about, among other people. Mask of course is no guarantee you won't still get infected or if already affected, pass it on......the mask reduces the odds of either happening.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:35 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I think early on it was recommended that you wear a mask if you were not feeling well.....the idea was to protect others and... also to try avoid development of a shortage of masks available for healthcare workers, by not suggesting everybody wear a mask. Things have evolved since then and wearing some sort of mask is recommended for everyone when out and about, among other people. Mask of course is no guarantee you won't still get infected or if already affected, pass it on......the mask reduces the odds of either happening.
Thanks, tikkasf. Amazing how things have evolved and how much more we know now as opposed to months ago. I asked the pharmacist the other day if this was going to be our way of life now and forever. She tried to reassure me by saying no but I don't know. I think we're going to have to start coordinating our masks with our clothing. Like we do with handbags and shoes.

Old 07-15-2020, 11:16 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
The problem is that people are non-compliant and the government caves in when there's been public pressure to reopen, hence causing the situation to get even worse. If the government actually imposed a very strict lockdown and then enforced the mask wearing policy consistently upon reopening, this wouldn't need to be an extended set of moving off and on with restrictions.

If "very strict" includes keeping people from mingling with other households. Otherwise, it's a farce.

"I feel each person for themselves." While he's an extremist who doesn't even bother to do the partial virtue-signaling mask thing, most people in Southern California just want to have a good time. Even when there's local community, e.g., the Latino areas, that's the connecting philosophy. This, all, is a long-term disaster. Only if a fed-up minority loudly complains about bad behavior and the media and local celebs join in about lax leadership and a civic duty to report non-compliance is there much of a chance of progress without modern medicine to the rescue.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:39 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
No response to my posts, looker? Again, how did you not know that masks are primarily for the protection of others, after having picked fights about masks, here and in the L.A. forum, for the past three months?

Old 07-15-2020, 02:45 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I roll up to the mountains regularly. The Govt ran campgrounds have been locked out from day one but the private campgrounds are open and yup, no masks on anybody when I rolled through.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:49 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No response to my posts, looker? Again, how did you not know that masks are primarily for the protection of others, after having picked fights about masks, here and in the L.A. forum, for the past three months?

When did i say i didn't now that? I only will wear mask if and when i feel the need to protect myself.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:54 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
When did i say i didn't now that? I only will wear mask if and when i feel the need to protect myself.
It's evident in your replies to my queries.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:04 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
How about this Looker? You can go total Sci-Fi.

https://www.vyzrtech.com/

I am all about refusing to follow society new "norms" why would i wear that type of face cover?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California