Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 08:31 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's not that simple, e.g., mandatory vaccines.
In most states there is an exception for religious believe and/or philosophic objection. Even in state such as California there is exception for medical condition. One is not required to provide proof of religious believe in state that have that exception. Even with medical condition exception, one would not need to disclose it to anyone but the doctor which would diagnose it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 08:31 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Mask on "I can't breath"
Then you must smoke too much and have COPD, I'm an old woman and I breathe just fine wearing a mask.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Think again hotshot. The county health department can close down any business in California that they deem to be unsafe.
Sure but they would need to follow establish procedure. I am not seeing county doing it against any business except those that refused to follow close order during state at home and even then it took weeks. Some never closed despite the order and instead got criminally /civilly charged. It will be months, maybe even years before we find out if that goes anywhere.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
There is none being you do not have disclose your medical condition under ADA
You can be required to get a letter from your doctor, the letter doesn't have to list the medical condition which led to their decision to give you an exemption. Now that I wrote that I'm wondering why it was necessary, I would expect most people who have lived here for awhile to know that

Old 06-18-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Then you must smoke too much and have COPD, I'm an old woman and I breathe just fine wearing a mask.
i have panic attack when I put on the mask.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:36 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat 32 View Post
It seems the "herd" is so brainwashed that individual "freedom" is now considered radical.

The herd has an irrational fear of Covid-19 being fed daily through the Tee-Vee and social media. The CDC recently reported that you have a .4% chance of dying from it and that number is skewed because most who die from it are elderly and in nursing homes. About the same statistics as the flu. If you are under 70, for the vast majority, you shouldn't worry. Definitely not worth closing the economy over.

We have yet to be revealed all the unseen negative consequences of shutting the economy. Stay tuned...
Your decimal point is off. It’s not .4%. More like 4%. Source: my daughter who heads up the CDC for the State of Nevada. She knows a thing or two.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Sure but they would need to follow establish procedure. I am not seeing county doing it against any business except those that refused to follow close order during state at home and even then it took weeks. Some never closed despite the order and instead got criminally /civilly charged. It will be months, maybe even years before we find out if that goes anywhere.
Established procedure is "you are not following state law and requiring people to wear masks in your business", so I'm closing it. No waiting period, no court hearing nothing. It's the same thing that happens to a restaurant that has cockroaches or rats in the kitchen, they get shut down right then and can only reopen upon re-inspection

Old 06-18-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
i have panic attack when I put on the mask.
then get a prescription for valium or stay home and have your food delivered to you.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
then get a prescription for valium or stay home and have your food delivered to you.
Except you can't require me to do that. However nice try.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
In most states there is an exception for religious believe and/or philosophic objection. Even in state such as California there is exception for medical condition. One is not required to provide proof of religious believe in state that have that exception. Even with medical condition exception, one would not need to disclose it to anyone but the doctor which would diagnose it.
No religious or philosophical exemptions in California, why don't you take a little break now maybe go for a walk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California