Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best place to live in California?
Beverly Hills 0 0%
Newport Beach 17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 10:58 AM

11,104 posts, read 9,746,390 times

Advertisements

LA is HELL on earth. Do more research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 11:00 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,278,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hawt View Post
Because my understanding was LA is Heaven on Earth. Specifically Beverly Hills.

IDK those areas you mentioned, first I heard of them. Also it's not just about being secluded, I want an upscale vibe at the same time with there being no wildfires.
LA being heaven on earth? That's the first I've ever heard of that. The reason why people live in Beverly Hills is to be away from the problems of LA. I'm saying I'd prefer to avoid living in LA altogether and if I had to live there, live more on the outskirts.

The fact that you have never heard of the other prestigious communities in California tells me you are not really wealthy. Who has not heard of Pebble Beach, Montecito, etc?

Old 06-25-2020, 11:02 AM

49 posts, read 30,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good luck with that in the middle of LA. It sounds like you're really more of a Marin County person, or a Santa Cruz Mountains person.
Beverly Hills mansions are secluded, which is what appeals to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
LA is HELL on earth. Do more research.
What if you're wealthy?

Old 06-25-2020, 11:03 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Seems that you're only looking at the LA/OC area. If you looked at my initial post, you would've noted that some of the other cities, such as Hillsborough, Atherton, Los Altos Hills and Rancho Santa Fe provide even more seclusion and are every bit as wealthy (if not more so) than Beverly Hills.

Why ask this question as to what is nicest in all of California, if you're only focusing on LA?
OP has no clue where Hillsborough, Los Altos Hills, Atherton (not to mention: Marin County) are.

OP, why are you fixated on the LA area? Your thread title says "California", not "LA". You should have posted in the LA forum, if your inquiry is limited to that general area.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
LA being heaven on earth? That's the first I've ever heard of that. The reason why people live in Beverly Hills is to away from the problems of LA. I'm saying I'd prefer to avoid living in LA altogether and if I had to live there, live more on the outskirts.

The fact that you have never heard of the other prestigious communities in California tells me you are not really wealthy. Who has not heard of Pebble Beach, Montecito, etc?
I'm coming from overseas with an Investor Visa.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
OP has no clue where Hillsborough, Los Altos Hills, Atherton (not to mention: Marin County) are.

OP, why are you fixated on the LA area? Your thread title says "California", not "LA". You should have posted in the LA forum, if your inquiry is limited to that general area.
LA is the best part of California is it not? I'm keeping an open mind though.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Beverly Hills mansions are secluded, which is what appeals to me.

What if you're wealthy?
The Shadow already asked you, where you got the idea that BH properties are secluded, and you haven't responded.

Tell us, how is it possible that tour buses full of tourists cruise through Beverly Hills regularly, pointing out the homes, and sometimes their owners, if the properties are secluded? Have you been watching too much TV? You're aware, aren't you, that TV is fantasy; it 's entertainment, not reality?

Old 06-25-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
The Shadow already asked you, where you got the idea that BH properties are secluded, and you haven't responded.

Tell us, how is it possible that tour buses full of tourists cruise through Beverly Hills regularly, pointing out the homes, and sometimes their owners, if the properties are secluded? Have you been watching too much TV? You're aware, aren't you, that TV is fantasy; it 's entertainment, not reality?
Specifically, I'm talking about mansions such as where Celebs and the Elite live, not your average house.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
LA is the best part of California is it not? I'm keeping an open mind though.
No, it's not. Where do you get your ideas? This is getting embarrassing. It sounds like you know nothing about the rest of CA. There are some posh properties on Monterey Bay, btw, which is much nicer than LA. Pebble Beach is very exclusive, and secluded (and large) properties are easy to find in Santa Cruz County (both areas are on Monterey Bay). There are gated communities there on very large lots. Is that what you had in mind, by "secluded"?

Where are you posting from? Let me guess: the Middle East, somewhere? Russia? Singapore?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-25-2020 at 11:17 AM..

Old 06-25-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Specifically, I'm talking about mansions such as where Celebs and the Elite live, not your average house.
Those are exactly the neighborhoods the tour buses take their customers to. Why would tour buses take hundreds of tourists to see ordinary houses inhabited by ordinary people?

You're not making sense. However, you might find some secluded properties in the canyons in the hills.(Where some celebs live.) Even those areas get tourists driving through, or bussing through, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California