Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2021, 12:25 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I'm genuinely curious.

We sold our last 2 properties in California to totally divest ourselves of financial ties to this state. With wildfires, pandemic pandemonium, climate change, lack of electricity and water, high taxes and higher insurance its no longer a safe nor particularly profitable place for out investment. Cost of living still remains high and the state population continues to grow

My mate has relatives who are still convinced that its the best place to be and that it further extends some kind of coveted status on them for being California residents. I still wonder how this mystique fits into the reality of a place thars burdened by overpopulation and a host of problems unique to this location.

So why do people still want to live there? Do you think this is or will change? Whats the next destination for those who find California too troubled to move there?
California is the best state in the Union to live! Just ask any illegal! Or thug living in a sanctuary city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The only things about California that I like any more are the weather. And the people are fairly nice as far as everyday interactions go (Despite complaints about rudeness, they're nicer than East Coast people for the most part).

But with all the fires and whatnot, even the weather isn't what it used to be. And there are nice people in other places, too.

I'll still miss the weather, but it's not enough to keep me here.

The job is the hard thing. I won't be able to replace the pay / benefits of my job if/when I leave and my investment portfolio isn't large enough to make that not matter.

And the eathquake potential scares me a lot. NorCal and SoCal are overdue for 7.0+ earthquakes.
Washington and Oregon and Colorado, have the same values. Maybe you should move there?

Old 01-02-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaResiding View Post
I can see Florida but not Georgia.
Georgia has some cool cities that are under the radar. To wit:

www.visitcolumbusga.com

www.alwaysuptown.com

36 Hours: Columbus, Ga. – Find your tourist interests in Columbus, Ga.

Old 01-02-2021, 01:35 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,637,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
I have spent some time in Ft. Benning. Columbus is a dump. Its main street is strip clubs

Old 01-02-2021, 03:34 PM

242 posts, read 250,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Good luck but I give it a year. Someone that prefers Wyoming or Montana will be miserable in Ca.
Eh, I’ve spent most of my life traveling for work. I’ve lived in very rural Wyoming to Chicago and NY. I grew up in a town of 600 in the mountains and love it but at my age and situation I prefer the suburb life anymore. Seems like Big Bear and Mammoth will keep me level, Denver is cheap flight away to see my friends and go snowboarding. The ATV scene up the hill in California looks pretty awesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Where's "Rancho"? I don't think there is any city called just Rancho. There's Rancho Cucamonga, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rancho Santa Margarita and probably a couple more.
Yeah, Rancho Cucamonga, I dropped a word

It’s close to her family, good schools and it seems like a nice area. I liked it better than Corona/Chino Hills

Old 01-02-2021, 03:50 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov View Post
Eh, I’ve spent most of my life traveling for work. I’ve lived in very rural Wyoming to Chicago and NY. I grew up in a town of 600 in the mountains and love it but at my age and situation I prefer the suburb life anymore. Seems like Big Bear and Mammoth will keep me level, Denver is cheap flight away to see my friends and go snowboarding. The ATV scene up the hill in California looks pretty awesome too.

Yeah, Rancho Cucamonga, I dropped a word

It’s close to her family, good schools and it seems like a nice area. I liked it better than Corona/Chino Hills
Ok please keep us updated on how you like living in Ca.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:31 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
California is the best state in the Union to live! Just ask any illegal! Or thug living in a sanctuary city!
I think it is. Does that make me an illegal or a thug?

Old 01-02-2021, 08:06 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I think it is. Does that make me an illegal or a thug?
Nope, just their neighbor.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:14 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Friendliest thugs ever!

Old 01-03-2021, 11:29 PM

426 posts, read 352,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
I can assure you my neighbors are neither of those things.

Who are your neighbors? A bunch of redneck hicks overdosing on opioids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California