Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 02:38 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,232,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I am not offended, except for the racist parts. I also do not belive you are a successful businessperson.
Reminds me of another alleged millionaire that used to lurk around the boards.

Old 10-07-2020, 02:44 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,627,156 times
Meh. You seem like a liar. There hasn’t been a single thread by you exploring CA or asking questions up until now. So cartoonish.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:48 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,048,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSF View Post
You're either a troll or just a poor pauper wishing you could afford Bakersfield, let alone Palos Verdes.
Can't we just leave Bakersfield out of this. Maybe substitute Colorado Springs. LOL

Old 10-07-2020, 04:56 PM

1,617 posts, read 1,074,195 times
Ignore the xenophobia for a minute.

Realize the governor shut down the state legislature and is making opening and closing laws arbitrarily based on "science" from listening to only a few advisors. Schools still arent open though the LA teachers unions said theyd consider opening "after the election."

In fact, Disneyland may never open at the current rate, even after a vaccine. According to Newsom's opening guidelines there needs to be less than 1 case daily for every 100,000 people in a county to open amusement parks. In fact based on the number of tests, false positives would prevent it from opening, ever.

So if you want to come consider coming after Newsom is gone and your children can attend school (CA teachers unions actively fighting to limit what they have to do on zoom as well), and things that make the state worthwhile are actually open.

In the meantime Im lookimg at ways to possibly leave temporarily for a year or so. And I have a good job and own a house.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:57 PM

301 posts, read 181,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
Meh. You seem like a liar. There hasn’t been a single thread by you exploring CA or asking questions up until now. So cartoonish.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...han-looks.html

What else you got?

Old 10-07-2020, 06:03 PM

205 posts, read 116,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Another bash California thread. How novel and refreshing.

Yeah, what fool would even consider moving their family or especially their business to California?

It absolutely has to be a troll thread for sure, because only someone out of their logical mind would give it more than a glance before dropping the idea entirely.

Being a tax-serf does not appeal to me, and if OP is White and Male (which I assume he is) then he has no legal rights in that state.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:08 PM

11,088 posts, read 7,831,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
The wife and I had been planning on moving our family and software development company to California early next year. We had been focusing on the Palos Verdes area, although we also were considering Calabasas. Over the past few months we have gone back and forth about the move, but we finally decided to avoid California due to several factors.

I won't bore you with the details, as I am sure you have heard it 1000 times before. I think the real issue is that a born and raised American finds it too financially difficult to move to the state, while someone born in Mexico, El Salvador or Honduras can walk right in without worrying about a thing. Free healthcare, housing assistance, etc. while a job generating business and tax paying family is unwilling to pay for the free stuff for non Americans.

Ultimately we just were not comfortable having a target on our backs, with a government so anti-American. The good news is you don't have to see another car on the freeway. The bad news is you have one less contributor to offset your tax burden. Taxation without representation does not work for us.

I am not sure if we are going to stay in Colorado or go somewhere else. But Northern Mexico is officially off the list.
You just did BORE us with the details.
Trust me.... nobody cares why you don’t want to move to Ca.. or anywhere else for that matter. Just move to where you think that you will be happiest. Easy peasy.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:44 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,229,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
Ultimately we just were not comfortable having a target on our backs, with a government so anti-American.
How would there be a target on your back?

Because you would payer higher taxes than most others?

Old 10-07-2020, 07:54 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,232,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
Yeah, what fool would even consider moving their family or especially their business to California?

It absolutely has to be a troll thread for sure, because only someone out of their logical mind would give it more than a glance before dropping the idea entirely.

Being a tax-serf does not appeal to me, and if OP is White and Male (which I assume he is) then he has no legal rights in that state.
Easy fix to that. Don’t come here. No need to whine and cry about it.

Old 10-07-2020, 09:08 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,409,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
So you say.
Lol, right? I don’t believe a word of it. Well I believe the poster is a bit racist, but not about ever intending on moving here with his “software” company.

Seriously though, how miserable must you be in life to go on the internet and trash talk another state? Complete with a storyline to boot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California