Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 03:20 PM

6,550 posts, read 6,590,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Strongly thinking of leaving CA due to the fires, highest taxes in the land, mediocre dry land, prevalent poverty throughout the state, illegal aliens, 3 hour traffic at midnight, etc.

This coming from a Pakistani Muslim American.
Who stated in another thread that Israel funded 9/11. You and your brainwashed, racist nonsense aren't welcome in our state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 07:40 PM

8,266 posts, read 2,890,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
And yet we have the fifth largest economy in the world??? I don’t understand your post.
You’d think they’d use some of that to repair potholes. What does Cal do with all that income? I do know that the state has near 1/3 of the nation’s welfare recipients. And probably near the same with it’s share of illegals.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:57 PM

42,744 posts, read 25,909,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
You’d think they’d use some of that to repair potholes. What does Cal do with all that income? I do know that the state has near 1/3 of the nation’s welfare recipients. And probably near the same with it’s share of illegals.
I don't think anyone claimed that California has 1/3 of the nation's welfare recipients which is a totally goofy claim, but at one point the claim that 1/3 of people living in poverty lived in California and that one was wrong too. https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...de-california/

Old 03-03-2021, 10:01 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,788,700 times
Quote:
The roads where I live are spectacular. As good as Germany. Not all of the state is represented by the mismanaged areas.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:13 PM

12,734 posts, read 9,376,175 times
Has the op ever visited the east coast?

Old 03-04-2021, 04:16 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,691,576 times
Quote:
You have references to that statistic?

Old 03-04-2021, 09:57 PM

26,587 posts, read 26,472,892 times
It looks as if during the 4th quarter of 2020, 267,000 people left California, while only 128,000 moved in.

While a mass exodus from California clearly didn’t happen in 2020, the pandemic did change some historical patterns. For example, fewer people moved into the state to replace those who left,” Natalie Holmes, research fellow at the California Policy Lab, said in a statement.

The number of people leaving California typically tracks with the amount entering the state. But the findings show that wasn’t the case in the fourth quarter of 2020, when 267,000 people left the state and only 128,000 entered.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...isco-migration

Old 03-04-2021, 10:09 PM

21,589 posts, read 16,091,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It looks as if during the 4th quarter of 2020, 267,000 people left California, while only 128,000 moved in.

While a mass exodus from California clearly didn’t happen in 2020, the pandemic did change some historical patterns. For example, fewer people moved into the state to replace those who left,” Natalie Holmes, research fellow at the California Policy Lab, said in a statement.

The number of people leaving California typically tracks with the amount entering the state. But the findings show that wasn’t the case in the fourth quarter of 2020, when 267,000 people left the state and only 128,000 entered.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...isco-migration
We can only hope this is a trend that will continue and accelerate.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:31 AM

6,550 posts, read 6,590,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
We can only hope this is a trend that will continue and accelerate.
Then who will pay for all the state worker pensions?

I'd love to see new state employees converted to 401k's, but unfortunately that's as likely as Gavin going for a "gel-free" hairstyle.

Old 03-07-2021, 01:11 AM

10,118 posts, read 15,784,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Strongly thinking of leaving CA due to the fires, highest taxes in the land, mediocre dry land, prevalent poverty throughout the state, illegal aliens, 3 hour traffic at midnight, etc.

Long story short, the West Coast used to be the best coast. But now, East Coast is the best coast.

There is nothing on the West Coast that can match Maine to Florida. The East has the depth, something the west lacks.

The West Coast is empty outside of the LA-SF strip. The East is fully developed. You cannot compare 15 states to 3 states. Do not let California's blue skies fool you. The East is the King of the USA, not the west.

This coming from a Pakistani Muslim American.
What you don't get is that a lot of what you mention is in the "East Coast" too. Well to re-read your thing, you do include Southern states like South Carolina and Georgia as East Coast. Those are better.

I'm in Louisiana and this is a great place to live if you are a middle class person. I've visited friends in California and the quality of life in the suburbs of Baton Rouge is just as good as in Santa Clarita or Redlands but much more affordable. If someone is welfare-dependent or illegal, California is better, but if someone is a tax paying middle class American then its better here.

California's politics are totally off the deep end. At first I thought it was a joke when I heard Newsome wanted to ban all gas powered vehicles and the state government wants to ban the distinction between boys and girls clothes and toys. And here it doesn't matter if you are a Pakistani American, if you are a law abiding citizen, an assimilated American and not a Democrat nobody will have a problem with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California