Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 09:01 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
This^^^^^^^^

But MSM doesn’t want to talk about it. Why?
They don’t want be thought of as racial profilers and racist ..................obviously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 09:57 PM

590 posts, read 931,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The "science"? What? From the AAPS, a group of physicians that offers a copy of their "A Guide to Home Based COVID treatment" on their website. More anti-Dr. Fauci stuff.

A blog that states that "The Delphi group at Carnegie Mellon University has developed a very informative, consistently updated mask compliance tracker," which, if you click on that link, uses "Percentage of people who say they wear a mask most or all of the time while in public, based on surveys of Facebook users."

Their website shows pictures of people wearing Texas for Trump hats; thanks, I'll pass.

Please don't.
I guess the adage of you can lead a horse to water rings true. Peer reviewed articles in the Lancet and JAMA, randomized studies done by doctors all around the world including at the NIH and Cambridge, and published articles in Science don't mean anything to you because... let me get this straight... are "anti-Fauci stuff." Hahaha! That's hilarious. I mean, if you want to hang your hat on the guy that's been wrong about almost everything from the get-go, then you do you boo-boo.

And... I'm constantly amazed at people who disregard data because it's from a source they're not familiar with or they won't even consider because it might be from an outlet that goes contrary to their political leanings. Data is data, doesn't matter the source. CNN can be just as valid as a source as FOX, just as the NYT and WaPo can be. It's your own bias that prevents you from being a fully informed individual.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:51 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Incidence and death rates correlate to age, home overcrowdedness, and income. The Times story is full of bizarre anecdotes that don't really mean anything. What you really need to do is control for the variables above, and then assess the differences.
That would help, but Northern California most of the year isn't hot during daytime. In most parts of Southern California, the weather can be hot almost any time of the year. Heat discourages mask-wearing. It automatically is a non-trivial factor.
https://corp.shiseido.com/en/newsimg/2921_h1i95_en.pdf

Last edited by goodheathen; 01-13-2021 at 11:01 PM..

Old 01-13-2021, 11:23 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMan View Post
I guess the adage of you can lead a horse to water rings true. Peer reviewed articles in the Lancet and JAMA, randomized studies done by doctors all around the world including at the NIH and Cambridge, and published articles in Science don't mean anything to you because... let me get this straight... are "anti-Fauci stuff." Hahaha! That's hilarious. I mean, if you want to hang your hat on the guy that's been wrong about almost everything from the get-go, then you do you boo-boo.

And... I'm constantly amazed at people who disregard data because it's from a source they're not familiar with or they won't even consider because it might be from an outlet that goes contrary to their political leanings. Data is data, doesn't matter the source. CNN can be just as valid as a source as FOX, just as the NYT and WaPo can be. It's your own bias that prevents you from being a fully informed individual.
Welcome to citi data California

Old 01-14-2021, 06:46 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,872,571 times
There's no assumption on my part. Masks don't work except for an N95...

Um...all those links you posted are about SELF-protection. No one cares. That's not why I wear one.

Ya got any that says it stops the distance my hot breath travels? Good luck finding that data - but that's the only reason I'm wearing a mask - reducing the distance my exhaled wind can take a viral particle. That's pretty much it.

I'm not sure how you can deny that happens, the same way it happens when you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze (I hope). Either that or my grandmother was wrong all these years...

Old 01-14-2021, 07:02 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
This^^^^^^^^

But MSM doesn’t want to talk about it. Why?
It's discussed in detail, and with multiple sources, in the thread linked in post #2.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMan View Post
I'm constantly amazed at people who disregard data because it's from a source they're not familiar with or they won't even consider because it might be from an outlet that goes contrary to their political leanings.
"Political leanings"? We have over 31,600 dead Californians as a result of COVID-19, and you post links about why people should not wear masks?

You should be posting your "information" on the Alternative Medicine sub forum.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Um...all those links you posted are about SELF-protection.
Don't forget the survey posted which used self reported questionnaires on mask use from Facebook members. That's critical.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:08 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,872,571 times
Do you read the stuff you post? Any of it? Or you just ignore the comments here on C-D?
THERE IS NO ASSUMPTION THAT MASKS PREVENT YOU FROM CATCHING IT.
You provide "data, studies, and peer reviewed articles" to a question that NO ONE is asking.

Where is your data about how many folks got infected from a contagious person who was wearing a mask at the time? that's the only data that matters...and I see you have none of that. It would not surprise me if 100% of covid victims wore masks - because it is mainly not worn for self-protection. Please state that you grasp that.

Meantime - you can see the stats for Cancer, Heart disease, and all the rest at the same CDC website as COVID. It's no mystery. NOTHING is killing more people - per day - than COVID right now. NOTHING.

If you think 6% "co-morbidity" means the other 94% would have died anyway, well, I guess you haven't seen too many real death certificates. You know how hard it is to die of ONE CAUSE only? COVID is killing people. If they already had something else - great - but they would have lived, had they not been infected by COVID. So they died of two things. So what? They're still dead - due - at least in part - to COVID.

What do you think it means when someone dies of "Complications from Diabetes?" You think diabetes killed them, 100% alone? Nope. But no one is questioning that diabetes kills people. Indeed it does. So does COVID.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Unfortunately, many people do assume that face masks keep them from catching the coronavirus. The many dumb people in Southern California comes into play there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California