Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pick your fave
Vallejo 5 31.25%
Fresno 6 37.50%
Sacramento 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 05:25 PM

2,894 posts, read 1,996,337 times

Advertisements

Will sacramento sweep, and win it's third and final poll?!
Well, find out soon. Voting ends in one week
Pick your favorite house. Use whatever criteria you want to pick your house.

Craftsman Sacramento
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...25778411_zpid/

Craftsman Fresno
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...50909309_zpid/

Tract vallejo
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...15663470_zpid/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 08:29 PM

10,291 posts, read 6,818,131 times
"Battle?"

WTF?

Old 03-07-2021, 08:45 PM

102,190 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Again, comparing apples, oranges and bananas.

OP, where do you want to live? Vallejo would be nice, because it's on the Bay, so it'll be nice and cool. That neighborhood's not expected to be underwater until you're dead or in a geezer home, so you're pretty safe on that score. And it's a tract house, but it's a nice one. Does it have A/C? Hopefully it has central air, so you can add A/C. What's the electrical utility serving that area? PG & E? Other?

I love craftsmans! I like the one in Sac, but the lot's awfully small. Still, the backyard is nice and private, which counts for something. Clawfoot tub--check! Breakfast room AND dining room--double check!

Fresno's trying to tempt you with glitz, but.... it's still Fresno.

I can't vote until I know what your preferred climate is, whether you have a thing against air that's not particularly breathable, or if you're ok inhaling pollutants on a regular basis, and whether you mind having a small lot, or would prefer more space.

Boy, I love Craftsmans, but Vallejo is a great location on the Bay, plus, you wouldn't even really be in Vallejo. The location is in one of the suburbs north of it, so that eliminates the crime issue. I'm leaning toward the Vallejo choice, but that's because I HATE hot weather!

Old 03-07-2021, 09:08 PM

OP, do you normally have this much trouble making decisions? lol

Old 03-07-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Again, comparing apples, oranges and bananas.

OP, where do you want to live? Vallejo would be nice, because it's on the Bay, so it'll be nice and cool. That neighborhood's not expected to be underwater until you're dead or in a geezer home, so you're pretty safe on that score. And it's a tract house, but it's a nice one. Does it have A/C? Hopefully it has central air, so you can add A/C. What's the electrical utility serving that area? PG & E? Other?

I love craftsmans! I like the one in Sac, but the lot's awfully small. Still, the backyard is nice and private, which counts for something. Clawfoot tub--check! Breakfast room AND dining room--double check!

Fresno's trying to tempt you with glitz, but.... it's still Fresno.

I can't vote until I know what your preferred climate is, whether you have a thing against air that's not particularly breathable, or if you're ok inhaling pollutants on a regular basis, and whether you mind having a small lot, or would prefer more space.

Boy, I love Craftsmans, but Vallejo is a great location on the Bay, plus, you wouldn't even really be in Vallejo. The location is in one of the suburbs north of it, so that eliminates the crime issue. I'm leaning toward the Vallejo choice, but that's because I HATE hot weather!
Vallejo proper is meh, but it's turning around very quickly(hottest city in the bay area right now?!) Nothing wrong with that vote, in fact, i think it'll win this poll!

Voting isn't for me, I'm just checking to see the taste of CDers.
Also made this cause I wasn't satisfied with the other polls -- too many people complaining about unfairness. Well, this is about as fair as it gets. This will be last poll for a long while

Old 03-07-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Vallejo is meh, but it's turning around very quickly(hottest city in the bay area right now?!) Nothing wrong with that vote, in fact, i think it'll win this poll!

Voting isn't for me, I'm just checking to see the taste of CDers. This will be my last poll for a long while. I wasn't satisfied with the other polls because people kept complaining about unfairness. Well, this is about as fair as it gets.
Wait, what? You're not actually considering a move to one of those 3 cities?

Old 03-09-2021, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, what? You're not actually considering a move to one of those 3 cities?
"Fresno...trying to be glitzy"

The people who live in older Fresno homes near downtown tend to be professionals(lawyers/doctors). That's why there's a bit of flair to them.

Poll will be closing soon. Vallejo is winning right now

Old 03-09-2021, 02:06 AM

1,471 posts, read 1,416,227 times
Probably could get in a relatively safer house in Fresno for the same money. All three suck pretty bad, and have serious crime and homeless problems. California state gov is a disgrace. Best taco salad ever was in Fresno. I'll pick another we'll known Hellhole.. Phoenix.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
"Fresno...trying to be glitzy"

The people who live in older Fresno homes near downtown tend to be professionals(lawyers/doctors). That's why there's a bit of flair to them.

Poll will be closing soon. Vallejo is winning right now
Yeah, I know. I mean...who wouldn't want that house in Fresno, if we were voting purely on the house? But I wouldn't want to live in Fresno, so I'm voting for that tract house (which is very out-of-character for me to do), because it's within walking distance of the Bay, and of walking trails, and cool weather. You can take the ferry to SF, and you're close to Napa, too. BTW, I saw a really nice home in Benicia yesterday (when searching for another new member here), but it's out of your price range, unfortunately. But this Vallejo location is nice.

Good luck! And please let us know where and what you end up buying.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:26 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
I voted for Vallejo because it's closer to here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California