Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
LOL youre kidding right? Oildale has never had any association with the KKK you must be an idiot, wheres youre link to prove youre lies?
Oildale was just that, an oil town where most folks worked in the oilfields, it was a safe area, I was a kid when we moved there and I could walk the streets at night without ever having to worry, crime rates were low because it was a working town, people had pride, worked hard and respected each other.
No there wasn't but a few blacks and thats because blacks did not generally work in the oilfields, thats just the way life was.
Lets fast forward to 1978, the KKK also heard the rumors that Oildale was racist so they decided to have a membership rally, well it took all of 10 minutes and the people of Oildale ran them out, people met them at chester ave in front of Standard school and sent them packing.
Fast forward to today, crack heads and Illegal mexicans are now the majority in Oildale, the Oilfeilds slowed down and people got old and died, Oildale is over 50% hispanic and not the kind who work for a living, you can watch the crack deals on the corner of cooper and N. chester any time of the day.
I know Oildale as good as anyone, I lived there and know many who still do. the KKK were never in Oildale.
Ok after reading all the mistakes I'll re write it LOL

LOL you’re kidding right? Oildale has never had any association with the KKK you must be an idiot, where’s you’re link to prove you’re lies?
Oildale was just that, an oil town where most folks worked in the oilfields, it was a safe area, I was a kid when we moved there and I could walk the streets at night without ever having to worry, crime rates were low because it was a working town, people had pride, worked hard and respected each other.
No there wasn't but a few blacks and that’s because blacks did not generally work in the oilfields, thats just the way life was.
Lets fast forward to 1978, the KKK also heard the rumors that Oildale was racist so they decided to have a membership rally, well it took all of 10 minutes and the people of Oildale ran them out, people met them at Chester ave. in front of Standard school and sent them packing.
Fast forward to today, crack heads and Illegal Mexicans are now the majority in Oildale, the Oilfeilds slowed down and people got old and died, Oildale is over 50% Hispanic and not the kind who work for a living, you can watch the crack deals on the corner of cooper and N. Chester any time of the day.
I know Oildale as good as anyone, I lived there and know many who still do. the KKK were never in Oildale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 08:32 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Ok after reading all the mistakes I'll re write it LOL

LOL you’re kidding right? Oildale has never had any association with the KKK.
you must be an idiot, where’s you’re link to prove you’re lies?
Oildale was just that, an oil town where most folks worked in the oilfields, it was a safe area, I was a kid when we moved there, and I could walk the streets at night without ever having to worry, crime rates were low because it was a working town, people had pride, worked hard and respected each other.

No, there wasn't but a few blacks, and that’s because blacks did not generally work in the oilfields, thats just the way life was.
Lets fast forward to 1978, the KKK also heard the rumors that Oildale was racist, so they decided to have a membership rally, well, it took all of 10 minutes, and the people of Oildale ran them out, people met them at Chester ave. in front of Standard school and sent them packing.
Fast forward to today, crack heads and Illegal Mexicans are now the majority in Oildale, the Oilfeilds slowed down and people got old and died, Oildale is over 50% Hispanic, and not the kind who work for a living, you can watch the crack deals on the corner of cooper and N. Chester any time of the day.
I know Oildale as good as anyone[b,[/b] I lived there and know many who still do. the KKK were never in Oildale.
Seriously, man. What's the problem you have with periods.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Seriously, man. What's the problem you have with periods.
I have a lot more problems that just periods.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:47 AM

128 posts, read 638,365 times
yes, it seems I was correct about intelligence and tolerance. This thread came about because of a query from an African American woman who was rethinking her move to Bakersfield. The simple answer to this is: if you are a minority of any type (any color other than white, any religion other than Christian, any gender preference rather than hetero, any birthplace other than USA)..........your life will be radically easier, and more enjoyable in California if you stay in a metro area with a wealthy section, and where there are intellectuals, art, culture and education. about 10 pages back I made a claim saying tolerance is all about brains, not god, faith, or anything else but pure intellect and rational thought (and a good innate character, of course). stick to the "Blue" places on the Map....the people are a whole lot easier to be around if there's anything even slightly "different" about you.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:01 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDDiamondGirl View Post
yes, it seems I was correct about intelligence and tolerance. This thread came about because of a query from an African American woman who was rethinking her move to Bakersfield. The simple answer to this is: if you are a minority of any type (any color other than white, any religion other than Christian, any gender preference rather than hetero, any birthplace other than USA)..........your life will be radically easier, and more enjoyable in California if you stay in a metro area with a wealthy section, and where there are intellectuals, art, culture and education. about 10 pages back I made a claim saying tolerance is all about brains, not god, faith, or anything else but pure intellect and rational thought (and a good innate character, of course). stick to the "Blue" places on the Map....the people are a whole lot easier to be around if there's anything even slightly "different" about you.
Bakers = Grapes of Wrath!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Bakers = Grapes of Wrath!
C'mon Curmudgeon. You haven't resided in the area for more than 15 years.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
C'mon Curmudgeon. You haven't resided in the area for more than 15 years.
You're right! Actually, it's been over 20!

Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,719 times
I have lived in Bakersfield for 29 years. It is a very nice place to live. Bakersfield is 2 hrs from the Beach, the Sierras, Los Angeles.... You can make a day trip anywhere. I like the way all of the yards are well manicured, the nice quiet neighborhoods, some of the best schools in California.
You can go to the Melodrama, Buck Owens Crystal Palace, The Majestic Fox Theatre. We have A LOT of BIG name Stars come to Bakersfield. Bakersfield is not a poor community like some of you might think.
There is a nice home town comfy feeling that goes along with Bakersfield.
So don't knock it til you have tried it!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:57 PM

306 posts, read 603,497 times
I believe what they mean is Bakersfield is very conservative.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,564 times
Bakersfield has its faults as does any city with nearly half a million population. As a retired Police Officer I rarely saw any officer act in a unprofessional manner, but they have had there indescressions. Gangs and drug use is a problem, but any city with a similar population will match the statistics. Plus the law enforcement here is extremely proactive and tries its best, being extremely understaffed, to erratic ate the issue.
Regarding the incest claims I never in my 10 year career dealt with an incest case, but I know they have occurred. Though I would not say we are known as incestfield.
Being born and raised here I have witnessed racism, radical politics, and a huge influx of immigrants both legal/illegal.
Although I'm looking for a change in scenery, Bakersfield was not a bad place to live.
For those looking into moving here I would avoid anywhere east of HWY 99.
I hope I didn't miss anything, but I am sure someone will try to discount my opinion,but I'll look forward to disputing/discussing any opposition.

Last edited by anbo1011; 12-26-2011 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: Misspelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California