Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:49 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
nullgeo, nobody actually cares any more about your Cali opinion but we all know that it irks you that nobody has asked since you've mentioned this 3-4 times already. Quit your trolling and try to get some positive attention out and about...it will do you some good.
Sweetheart ... you keep coming back, even though you say "enough!" ... shows me that you really care (at least to have the last word) ... bet it's a habit at home, too ... and, actually, fresnofresno also seems to care ... and I find you both noodges ... and I care about noodges. You made snide remarks and comments ... I asked you questions you never answered but instead came back with more snide remarks. You continue to make snide remarks to highnlite now ... and I'm very much going to enjoy reading the responses back and forth on those issues, as well. You've gone on baiting, your own bad self ... so, another question for you: how is that not trolling on your part? You apparently feel entitled to make [poorly based] broad statements, in attack mode at others, and expect you should have the final word. Fine. You attack. I'll parry with questions and comps and parallels. Next?

As for "out and about" ... lady, you have no idea how 'out and about' I am ... I'm a freaking wonderment at 'out and about' ... I live 'out and about'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 03:36 PM

464 posts, read 828,322 times
Default Aww...

...it's recipe time. Be back soon with some (and I know you will be waiting for me, nullgeo).

Old 09-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
...it's recipe time. Be back soon with some (and I know you will be waiting for me, nullgeo).
Atta girl now ... "the way to a man's heart is ---" ... it's a good thing ... just please: no poison pie.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Ohhh no, I only bake and cook with alot...I mean alot...of love...and sometimes a good healthy(??) bit of butter but I must admit that you do indeed make me consider adding of a Tb. or so of arsenic...

Old 09-26-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Ohhh no, I only bake and cook with alot...I mean alot...of love...and sometimes a good healthy(??) bit of butter but I must admit that you do indeed make me consider adding of a Tb. or so of arsenic...
As you can imagine, that's been tried before ... can't get it past me, I've got a nose like a dog ... I'm looking forward to a good Nipomo-Cali-stew or along those lines ...

Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,624,497 times
Quote:

Vaqueros were simply Mexican cowhands and there's much history that you are not familiar with in your own region, .highnlite.

Another statement that shows nothing but ignorance on your part. And, there is no history in my region, and precious little in the US or the World that I am not familiar with feel free to challenge that statement, it will show profoundly the difference between those who live on the land, and those that are of the land. It is sad when people like you make completely unsupportable statements. "nothing but a mexican cowhand" ignores the part about the poor oppressed native american vaqueros, and don't forget the paniolos. A little known historical fact, the "nothing but a mexican cowhand" Californios nearly defeated the US Army under Colonel Kearny at the battle of San Pasqual The "nothing but a mexican cowhands" were probably the greatest horsemen the world has ever seen. They showed this at the battle, they would ride to the American lines, lasso a soldier with their 50 foot braided reatas, drag him out of rifle range then stick him with their 15 foot willow lances. The Americans were only saved by a relief column from the American Navy who had occupied San Diego. Commodore Stockton sent Marines and Sailors to the relief of the Army (neither the first nor last the Army had to be rescued by Marines and Sailors) Kit Carson had snuck barefoot through the Californio lines and ran all the way to San Diego to summon help

[note for the normal and rational and curious among you. If this little back and forth has given you some interest in California Ranchos, California Ranching and the Vaqueros. I highly recommend the Tapadero series, found at Tapadero.com

"All cowboys are not the same. Each part of the West developed it's own brand of cowboying, based on environment and terrain. But they had a common bond...the traditions were based on the Spanish methods of cattle raising that go back many centuries. The Vaquero Series is about the cowboys, cowgirls and families who train horses, work the cattle and carry
forward the traditions."

"TAPADERO • The Californios
With their slick-fork saddles and silver spade bits, the Californio Vaqueros still trail cattle through these golden hills. Meet the men and women who work the ranches and carry the tradition forward. From the hackamore, to the two-rein, to straight-up-in-the bridle, see how they make a horse as fluid as silk. Learn their secrets to braiding the rawhide reata and throwing the figure eight. 82 minutes"
]

If the extent of your job skills entails supervision of strawberry workers in the field, than I suggest you take your own advice and improve upon yourself as I was supervising strawberry pickers/packers at about 6-7 yrs. old and I suspect that you are older...but not necessarily wiser.

I did misspeak, actually I tell the majordomo, he tells the crews. Since you are not a Mexican Man, I doubt seriously that you supervised a crew except possibly in your home garden. We farm a thousand acres of produce, grow up.

Lastly, since we're all way off subject, start a new thread on those things that seem to crawl under your skin. If not, you will force my hand to do as the Portlanders do and start posting recipes instead...some are good but some need tweaking but if you force me to...I will.

I bet you homeschool.
I did have a good day in the vaquero tradition today, While exercising the mule string today out in the Santa Lucia mtns, I ran into a rancher who is a few head short, so, I took the string and hunted for the lost cattle, checked the high water holes but no luck. A fine day in the oak and chaparral hills of California in the bright and hot October sun. Aside from the one rancher, I saw no one. I like days like this.

Last edited by .highnlite; 09-26-2011 at 09:20 PM..

Old 09-27-2011, 01:40 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,624,497 times
I might as well toss in a note about "gangs" and NIPAs or Gangs in general. Now I know there are some who think these are tough guys.

Toss any of those boys down into the SEAL base in Coronado and see how tough they are, or heck, just give them a week at Marine Boot Camp.

It is important to remember that gang members are in gangs, because that is all they got going for them, and it is all posing. The weird thing is they are willing to kill and die for their poses.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Default Mmmm....no, I think I'm feelin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As you can imagine, that's been tried before ... can't get it past me, I've got a nose like a dog ... I'm looking forward to a good Nipomo-Cali-stew or along those lines ...
...more of an Aloha-Nipomo stew tonight...

Old 09-27-2011, 07:12 PM

Default .highnlite...

...where to even start with you??? A thousand acres??? Big hairy deal...apparently you are not aware of other farms with just that much AND more...and they don't need to play 'cowboy' to get from one field to another by horseback. In your postings, you discriminate against the same people you claim to defend.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM

Default To both of you...

...good night, boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California