Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM

2,889 posts, read 1,994,903 times

Advertisements

...enjoy the areas. Much more so than other poor parts of America, in fact. Shocking, huh

Pretty interesting videos.
He Gives data and history on the towns and his opinions while touring them. He Doesn't seem to have a bias one way or the other, which is rare and refreshing. Most of his competitors are ultra maga and love to show how awful ca is by only showing the absolute worst parts of town. You guys know how these grifters operate. Well, this guy doesn't operate like that. He shows the good and the bad equally. If you like these videos, check out his non ca videos. They're just as good.

Extremely Rural Fresno county

South Fresno

Imperial County

San Jose and Oakland are next up(San Jose shouldn't be lumped with these towns, but it doesn't have the best rep either) for him to tour.

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 03-28-2024 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 10:38 PM

7,237 posts, read 3,776,807 times
Is "Flovis" half way between Fresno and Clovis?

I don't know. Most of those areas are also high crime areas, so there is that.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:54 PM

2,889 posts, read 1,994,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Is "Flovis" half way between Fresno and Clovis?

I don't know. Most of those areas are also high crime areas, so there is that.
Watch the videos if you have time. He talks crime.
Imperial isn't high crime.

Flovis has no definition. It changes with each person. I call parts of Fresno that blur into Clovis 'flovis'. That's my personal definition.

Edit
A taste of his older videos.
The Cleveland one was super fascinating

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 03-28-2024 at 11:09 PM..

Old 03-29-2024, 05:19 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Yea I've been watching his videos for a while now. He's a really good creator.

I used to watch Nick Johnson until I started noticing a pattern with his videos. He will go to the absolute worst area of a city and paint the whole city with the same brush. He is always trying to push a narrative in his videos.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Yea I've been watching his videos for a while now. He's a really good creator.

I used to watch Nick Johnson until I started noticing a pattern with his videos. He will go to the absolute worst area of a city and paint the whole city with the same brush. He is always trying to push a narrative in his videos.
He loved Temecula.

He also liked Ft. Worth more than Dallas. Can't blame him for that.

He does have kind of a whiny voice that occasionally gets on my nerves.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
...enjoy the areas. Much more so than other poor parts of America, in fact. Shocking, huh

Pretty interesting videos.
He Gives data and history on the towns and his opinions while touring them. He Doesn't seem to have a bias one way or the other, which is rare and refreshing. Most of his competitors are ultra maga and love to show how awful ca is by only showing the absolute worst parts of town. You guys know how these grifters operate. Well, this guy doesn't operate like that. He shows the good and the bad equally. If you like these videos, check out his non ca videos. They're just as good.
First of all, the thing about how people live on under $300/week in episode 4 is clickbait. He said it himself it's just under $300/week per capita, counting children. So, for a family of 5 that's closer to $1,500/week.

He also drives through the best neighborhoods and acts confused as to how people can afford to live in those homes with such low incomes. That's easy: Those are the people with the upper median salaries. Everyone else rents an apartment or is packed thirteen to a rundown 3-bedroom home.

Healthcare is cheaper because people don't have insurance and either pay cash or are on Medi-Cal. And with Newsom now giving free Medi-Cal to illegal alien seniors, is it any wonder 40% of the population in those cities is over 65?

I've been through some of those cities and they're not places anyone would want to live. Both the standard and quality of living are low and there's no jobs. And the schools are crap.

Quote:
San Jose and Oakland are next up(San Jose shouldn't be lumped with these towns, but it doesn't have the best rep either) for him to tour.
Those will be fun. The only thing Oakland and San Jose have in common are increasing numbers of Latinos. But I guess that's true of all of California.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Watch the videos if you have time. He talks crime.
Imperial isn't high crime.

Flovis has no definition. It changes with each person. I call parts of Fresno that blur into Clovis 'flovis'. That's my personal definition.

Edit
A taste of his older videos.
The Cleveland one was super fascinating
It's sad about the Rust Belt. So many people had their lives pulled right out from under them. Most of those people just want to work. Between people wanting a half-decent wage and the unions working for their own interests and not the workers' interests, imported Korean and now Chinese steel, and greed, they didn't stand a chance.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:18 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
He loved Temecula.

There's a pattern. He only likes cities that are a majority of certain demographic. When ironically there are a lot of nice cities that aren't those demographics. Let's just leave it at that.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
There's a pattern. He only likes cities that are a majority of certain demographic. When ironically there are a lot of nice cities that aren't those demographics. Let's just leave it at that.
The only thing I've really noticed is he likes to talk to hipsters. Maybe that's his audience.

I kind of like Mappy, though.

Old 03-30-2024, 08:01 AM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
He loved Temecula.

You can buy Mappy clothing now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California