Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 PM

3 posts, read 5,401 times

Advertisements

Me and 3 friends are looking to get away from Michigan, and our ever decaying Job Market, standard of living and, other such things. We are 20 years old, and looking for an area where jobs are available, and apartments are reasonable. We are looking for somewhere within a 40 minute drive of a college, as we are getting ready to pursue our masters. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:25 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znelson View Post
Me and 3 friends are ... getting ready to pursue our masters.
What did you major in?
What type of jobs are you looking for? Full or part time?
What is your budget?

Forty minute drive to college? Make sure you get a place no farther than six blocks from UCLA.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:21 PM

790 posts, read 4,018,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znelson View Post
Me and 3 friends are looking to get away from Michigan, and our ever decaying Job Market, standard of living and, other such things. We are 20 years old, and looking for an area where jobs are available, and apartments are reasonable. We are looking for somewhere within a 40 minute drive of a college, as we are getting ready to pursue our masters. Thanks for the help
In order to better prepare you for college, may I?
"My 3 friends and I" or
"I, and 3 of my friends."

I'd suggest Santa Cruz but apartments are not reasonable and i can't comment on the job market.
I'd say that the average 3 bedroom house or apartment is $1,400 - $1,600? and up.
Check Craigslist though. I'm single and so don't focus on anything larger than a one bedroom and they are outrageously expensive.
UCSC is here and Cabrillo College (a small community college?) is in Aptos just down the road from Santa Cruz.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:31 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,716,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What did you major in?
What type of jobs are you looking for? Full or part time?
What is your budget?

Forty minute drive to college? Make sure you get a place no farther than six blocks from UCLA.
CA is a big state. I think you need to answer those questions first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California