Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what do you really think about california?
love it 51 57.95%
like it 15 17.05%
dont know, dont care 3 3.41%
dislike it 11 12.50%
hate it 5 5.68%
wish it didnt exist 3 3.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:13 AM

21 posts, read 127,209 times

Advertisements

Political views, moral views, political climate, cost of living, pollution, population, illegal aliens, gas prices, traffic, public schools, these are the things that made me pack up and move after living there for 30 years. I've lived in L.A. and the Bay Area, and neither are better.

Don't think California is all sun surf and sand with Humphrey Bogart eating a hot dog at Pinks - its not. Didn't Mommy teach us that what was on TV wasn't real? Its more like choking air pollution and junky roach coaches selling 50 cent tacos to a group of people who refuse to blend in in their "new" country and would rather have Ca. look like the third world nation that they came from.

California can break off and fall into the ocean for all I care - this world would be a much better place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 06:23 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,853 times
i live in Indiana, but we visit California as much as possible, even tried living there for a couple months, but it was too expensive (rent).
I think if your planted there-STAY THERE! You have everything in one state! If you have a house that you bought when prices were affordable KEEP IT! Alot of CA natives are moving to the midwest and I still can't fathom why you would do that if you were established in CA. I wish our family would have settled there. It's hard to pick up and move your whole life 2200 miles away. I miss CA and I visit every chance I get. Once I'm done with college my wife and I want to try again moving there. That's our biggest dream to make a reality.
PS- I also love the liberal side, in Indiana you get slammed for thinking different in any way, shape, or form.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:11 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
I left California because i could not afford to retire there and lead a halfway decent life. i left San Luis Obispo specifically because i got tired of the "review comissions" always telling what i could and could not do with my own property. I feel that California, while undoubtably beautiful, is about to rule and regulate itself to death! At least here in Tennessee i can do as i please on my own property as long as i'm not harming anyone.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
There are pro's and con's, just as there is in any state you live in.

I'm very proud to be a Californian though, it's a beautiful state with something to offer for everyone.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM

303 posts, read 846,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
i live in Indiana, but we visit California as much as possible, even tried living there for a couple months, but it was too expensive (rent).
I think if your planted there-STAY THERE! You have everything in one state! If you have a house that you bought when prices were affordable KEEP IT! Alot of CA natives are moving to the midwest and I still can't fathom why you would do that if you were established in CA. I wish our family would have settled there. It's hard to pick up and move your whole life 2200 miles away. I miss CA and I visit every chance I get. Once I'm done with college my wife and I want to try again moving there. That's our biggest dream to make a reality.
PS- I also love the liberal side, in Indiana you get slammed for thinking different in any way, shape, or form.
I'm with you! As soon as I can, I am moving back home to California with my boyfriend. I'll never forgive my dad's stupid company for forcing us out 14 years ago when I was only 11. And I love the liberal side too, after leaving the Republicans because of disgust over how conservative they've become, becoming too cozy with the religious right and hating the environment.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 PM

812 posts, read 4,083,822 times
I consider myself a "man about California" if you will... born in San Francisco, raised in Sacramento, currently live in San Diego, and have spent a lot of time in Los Angeles. The fam has a vacation home in Tahoe (CA side, of course). I love CA, and can't ever quite decide where in CA I left my heart in, so I prefer to think that I love the whole place. I think that every city adds its own worthwhile piece to the pie, and I love how you can go to the beach, deserts, forests, mountains, and farms all in one state. We sure do have problems, but I wouldn't expect any different from the most populous state... overall, I love it.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:36 AM

7,913 posts, read 933,126 times
wow i got way more response then i thought i would
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California