Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Northern California really more laid-back than Southern California?
Yes 103 38.01%
No 85 31.37%
Can't really tell the difference between the two 28 10.33%
Varies from each individual 55 20.30%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 05:32 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,535 times

Advertisements

Personally, I don't care if Northern California is more laid-back than Southern California. Or if it's the other way around. Maybe I'm just too laid back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 10:11 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
You sound very chill.
Thanks. I am. Probably not the Socal definition of chill where you're suppose to not give a **** about anything or react it it, like "bra, it's cool, whatever" but nonetheless I tend to meet people everywhere I go. Even in SD. I just don't consider the vibe down there as a whole laid back compared to most parts of Norcal.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:41 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
No, we don't dwell on it. Lol Socal sucks. End of story.
Your post history would indicate otherwise.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:43 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Your post history would indicate otherwise.
Hahaha. Just responding to a thread that someone else posted.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:53 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,189 times
Don't know, don't care !

Old 08-26-2014, 04:46 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
16 year olds can't even get into spots that make LA what it is. I actually have no idea what you're talking about. LA real life not cyberspace? What?
Well its six years later and my son still thinks that Big Sur is wack compared to Malibu.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:56 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
LA is more laid-back than San Francisco , but Northern California NorCal is more laid-back than Southern California SoCal because there's nothing up in Northern California beside the Bay Area and Sacramento CA.

San Francisco is the one and only city in CA with that NYC Vibe.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:50 AM

732 posts, read 968,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
No, not at all. I live in the Bay Area but do visit SoCal from time to time. If anything, I'd say SoCal is more laid back. Despite the horrible traffic down there, they don't seem to freak out about it like we do.
It isn't so much the traffic here in San Francisco that stresses me out as it is the bad manners of a lot of the transplants (a bunch of people from NYC) that turns me into an irritable person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Saying that your vice (pot) is less bad than another's (alcohol) doesn't make yours good.

What would life be like if nobody used drugs or alcohol for 'fun'? Now there's a concept.
My return to smoking marijuana this year (in moderation) is what's saving my sanity. The stress of dealing with so many ill-mannered people kept making me irritable, drove me into road rage incidents and a few mental breakdowns of yelling rants at crowds of people on the street.

Smoking marijuana in moderation, when I feel it's needed, every week or so, not only relieves my stress, it also does something to my brain that helps me shrug off the inconsiderate, disrespectful deeds & talk I have to deal with daily these days throughout the week. Despite the dog-eat-dog things happening around here so much lately, marijuana returns me back to my original laid-back self for a week or more after smoking enough of it.

I care about my health. I don't drink, don't smoke tobacco, and I wouldn't be resorting to smoking marijuana if we didn't have this crowd of inconsiderate & rude people here. I chose marijuana because the effects of stress are so much worse than the effects of marijuana. I wouldn't even consider drinking alcoholic beverages because several people I knew died of alcohol-induced cirrhosis and cancer as a result of cirrhosis. I'm middle age, and out of all of the people I have known in my life who smoke marijuana and used to smoke it, NONE that I know of died as a result of smoking marijuana. The oldest person I know who is still alive and has always been a chronic marijuana smoker is almost 80 years old...

Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
I think "real" Northern California is laid back (i.e - North of Sacramento). If we're talking about the Bay Area, no, it is an extremely crowded, crime filled, rat race just like SoCal.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:28 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
There is a lot more to do in Southern Cal SoCal as oppossed to NorCal Northern Cal , but the people are not self driven as much and are not self stressor of themselves to the same degree as San Francisco People.

When you get outside of the 4 big cities and a couple of high crime area's NorCal gets really LAID
BACK QUICK AND IN a hurry.

When you get into small towns in SoCal they still
have somewhat of an urban vibe because a lot of
Big City Folks are moving to the rural area's in SoCal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California