Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:04 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,956,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouwse View Post
Chuckle! Never has so few, flabbergasted so many, for so long a time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 08:30 PM

16 posts, read 81,295 times
who are we kidding putting visalia in the urban catagory? i'd be living in a work/live loft downtown if that were the case. it's an overgrown town!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:10 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
No, I think SLO is an ex-urb of San Gabriel. I'm pretty sure that's what Father Junipero Serra intended. So, the answer is, another urban city.
Gee. Here all this time I thought SLO was a suburb of the Santa Margarita/Pozo Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Okay, then how about this. Visalia is urban, San Luis Obispo is urban, and Oakland are urban.

That should end all this.

My next big issue is this....

I have found information that is almost for sure true. That downtown probably won't get Macy's even though many want it in downtown. Now, it's not confirmed but I have my thoughts.

So if Macy's is not going in downtown could Macy's go in the San Luis Obispo Promendade expansion or the Irish Hills Plaza expansion?

Personally, I think it will go in the San Luis Obispo Promenade because the private retail planner is Carol Florence, developer Bill Bird, and architect Scott Dabney, and then the builders are Speciality Construction.

What does this spell? Instant development and action. ;0 :0
"I have found information that is ALMOST FOR SURE true." ALMOST--FOR SURE ? Well which is it kid?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,963 times
I don't care what it is. I just hope to save enough money to retire there.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
I don't care what it is. I just hope to save enough money to retire there.
I hope that works out for ya! I couldnt afford to do anything but exist in SLO when I retired after working/living there for almost 30 years. So back to Tennessee I came so I at least can have a few bucks in my pocket. I DO miss the Central Coast though.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:03 PM

897 posts, read 1,591,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I hope that works out for ya! I couldnt afford to do anything but exist in SLO when I retired after working/living there for almost 30 years. So back to Tennessee I came so I at least can have a few bucks in my pocket. I DO miss the Central Coast though.
Heh. Yeah, my wife and I are cheapskates so we'll probably end up out of state too. I keep saying Texas since you can get half the state for about three fitty but she likes Washington. But you never know, we might even end up in Central America somewhere like my uncle did. Ah, to dream...

Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 PM

379 posts, read 785,706 times
Having lived in SLO I'd definitely consider it to be a small town.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:48 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,760,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
"I have found information that is ALMOST FOR SURE true." ALMOST--FOR SURE ? Well which is it kid?
I have to admit when I was in high school I had bad information, but I am in college now and don't give a crap what happens in SLO. I'm from Paso Robles area, and I'm more focused what happens here. SLO is just another upper middle class suburban area (not a suburb, but just suburban low-density homes) that has strip malls, a lifestyle center and adding another in downtown, and will always continue to grow because they want money in that city. They plan to have Target up in a year. WOW that's fast! Why because that city wants money. Same reason ya so Costco go up so quickly. I must say many cities tend to do that. AG and their Wal-Mart, and Paso with their Wal-mart. Atascadero is the exception.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
^^I hope you understand that cities dont build stores, private developers do. They care what they want, not necessarily what the city wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California