Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 04:42 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,011,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclairion View Post
Mario, certainly I realize that conditions up in the far North are wetter. I just don't think your 2 opposing photos make your case, and that they tell an entirely different story. There are several things you might consider...:
The photos make total sense.

Before leaks and trampling, all the ferns were there. All the missing ferns are in the exact areas that have continually been walked on and trampled ever year, getting more and more bare every year regardless of weather.

All ferns anywhere else that's not trampled, look fine.

The area has been monitored and documented 8 years by me and others, and since 1998 by scientists. Any expert who has watched the grove concurs the damage is trampling. And the tramping associated with leaks.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 8,662 times
Here is a perspective from an outside party. I was planning a trip to explore the Redwood National Forest as a vacation. I live on the East coast and have been saving up for 5 years for the whole trip. My last vacation was to Glacier, Yellowstone & Rocky Mountain 6 years ago. I have been reading all these clues and have narrowed down a place in the Lost Man Creek Area. I wouldn't have had a chance to find Hyperion because of you. I would have had more of a chance heading in blind. What if I would have died looking for it in the obviously wrong area(8 miles), which is a significantly harder hike? Would that even weigh on you when the real tree was a few football fields away from well established trails? What gave you the right to mislead people?

You talk about people trampling the soil and ferns. Who was the first party that posed a pretty girl crawling all over the trees? You are a source of the damage. You set the example. I thought it was those without sin, that should be throwing stones.

I, for one, thank the person that but together FamousRedwoods.com. What are you going to get from exposing that person? So you can publicly shame them? Get over yourself. I know if I found any information on any tree not identified on that website, I would be sending it to them, just to spite you.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:06 PM

225 posts, read 467,729 times
You are a clown, WVENG. Probably another FR troll sent here to stir the pot. FR is ashamed of what they have done. So much so that they won't even take credit for doing it. Basically a total loser.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:16 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,011,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVENG View Post
Here is a perspective from an outside party.=.
That's the perspective of an outside foolish notion, and one that deflects the full scope of what's been posted about this topic. At least in my case, nobody photographed was standing on plants. That's in contrast to devastation by people standing on plants as triggered by leaks. So that aspect alone establishes the epic fail of your diatribe. I've got successive years images showing no plant loss from my photography. That means those are the source of documentation --- meaning you must be the source of BS

So "what if" you went 8 miles somewhere? Would you have died? Are you telling us that you are a woosie? Because if the area explored makes that big a deal, that's woosie talk. Would that "weigh" on us? Why they heck should it? People bushwhack nooks and crannies all the time all over Redwood National and State Parks. Its their choice. 99% of them aren't cry-babies. The real bushwhacking men and women with a pair of "balls" don't pose such a question. They don't go 8 miles and die. They LIVE 8 miles of forest and enjoy it. Oh .... many of them happily share their adventures as their real selves, unlike wretched poltroons so doubtful of themselves that they have to pass notes in hiding.

On a final note for the night ...

The leaks have finally proven to be epic fails. Reminds me of fast food joints that sacrifice quality for quantity. The leaks drove volume like Micky-Dee sales. Fast-food redwood wanna-bees. Regardless of their proven destructive effort, they amount to less than a hill of beans.

Last edited by mdvaden; 05-11-2016 at 11:50 PM..

Old 05-16-2016, 11:50 AM

Does anyone know if we can get Yinghai to remove his FR site, or at least make some adjustments to it so that everything isn't leaked? I know Yinghai likes to keep his site up and running but it's causing lots of trouble.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
word has trickled out recently that a first name which starts with the letter "y" is involved with FR.
Looks like I may be the recipient of the reward fund in short order because I was alluding to the rumours of Yinghai publishing the FR site when I made this post on 1/29/16. Looks like the rumours have panned out and the only question is will Yinghai remove his site or not?

Old 05-16-2016, 04:09 PM

87 posts, read 163,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
Looks like I may be the recipient of the reward fund in short order because I was alluding to the rumours of Yinghai publishing the FR site when I made this post on 1/29/16. Looks like the rumours have panned out and the only question is will Yinghai remove his site or not?
I have sent him multiple emails making the same request and they have gone unanswered. The site has some good content but then goes way too far in providing off trail directions and GPS coordinates. The status quo of not revealing many of the tallest and largest redwood tree locations was supported by the Redwood National and State Parks, Save the Redwoods League, and several academic institutions including Humboldt State University. But apparently that is all irrelevant.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Mr. Graham, thank you for your efforts in asking Yinghai to remove his FR site. The site could be converted to an appropriate site, but as of right now, Yinghai's site is going against the direction of all the organizations that you listed. Please, Mr. Graham, keep making every effort to have Yinghai remove the site. I'm sorry to hear that he is no longer communicating with you or other higher-ups in the redwoods groups.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:39 AM

10 posts, read 16,576 times
2015 Trees Please Photo Contest Winners | American Forests

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yingha...th/9338723449/

Some interesting sites I stumbled upon, if someone can confirm... I have a feeling I could create a direct line with a facebook friend request. I tend to be pretty harmless, and my intentions are always friendly. Perhaps it could create some honest dialog!

Old 05-19-2016, 03:26 PM

5 posts, read 8,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
That's the perspective of an outside foolish notion, and one that deflects the full scope of what's been posted about this topic. At least in my case, nobody photographed was standing on plants. That's in contrast to devastation by people standing on plants as triggered by leaks. So that aspect alone establishes the epic fail of your diatribe. I've got successive years images showing no plant loss from my photography. That means those are the source of documentation --- meaning you must be the source of BS

So "what if" you went 8 miles somewhere? Would you have died? Are you telling us that you are a woosie? Because if the area explored makes that big a deal, that's woosie talk. Would that "weigh" on us? Why they heck should it? People bushwhack nooks and crannies all the time all over Redwood National and State Parks. Its their choice. 99% of them aren't cry-babies. The real bushwhacking men and women with a pair of "balls" don't pose such a question. They don't go 8 miles and die. They LIVE 8 miles of forest and enjoy it. Oh .... many of them happily share their adventures as their real selves, unlike wretched poltroons so doubtful of themselves that they have to pass notes in hiding.

On a final note for the night ...

The leaks have finally proven to be epic fails. Reminds me of fast food joints that sacrifice quality for quantity. The leaks drove volume like Micky-Dee sales. Fast-food redwood wanna-bees. Regardless of their proven destructive effort, they amount to less than a hill of beans.
And the real Vaden comes out. This isn't about the tree's protection...it's about you and your feeling of self importance. I've seen multiple amateurish photos of your prop all over those trunks. Did she fly up there? You set the standard and you are thick if you can't see that. I'm sure all the visitors to the trees would say they cause no damage. You did.

Am I a woosie? Do you mean wussy? The word is a mix of wimp and the obvious. But I guess you needed to throw in a couple of oo's to show how alpha you are in front of all your friends. Wussy? No. I would have been happy and on vacation. I only would have had buyers remorse when I got home and saw that my hunt was full of lies and misdirection. You need you take a lesson in the morality you are trying to preach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California