Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 08:54 AM

225 posts, read 467,993 times

Advertisements

You're such a clown Montclairion, the pretend Oakland guy, aka another FR alias. I like how you pretended to be neutral when you first "joined" and started posting. But in reality, you were fully on the side of leaking the tree locations and damaging the root systems as much as possible. Your personal claims about the ferns are meaningless in comparison to the research and facts published by Mr. Vaden, Mr. Sillett, and the rest of the big-wigs. You don't know what you are talking about.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:02 AM

123 posts, read 173,202 times
Ancient One, your tact and brilliance and desire for the truth never cease to amaze me.

Yes, I was neutral until I realized I'd fallen into a pit of angry snakes.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:17 PM

Montclairion, the pretend Oakland guy, aka FR, you were never neutral. You just pretended to be to bait people into a discussion. Then you tried to slam Mr. Vaden and others with your "logic" but only proceeded in embarrassing yourself in an epic fail.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
Montclairion, the pretend Oakland guy, aka FR, you were never neutral. You just pretended to be to bait people into a discussion. Then you tried to slam Mr. Vaden and others with your "logic" but only proceeded in embarrassing yourself in an epic fail.
Steve, I certainly didn't intend to slam Mario. I just don't agree with his logic or his conclusions, regardless of who he rubs shoulders with. Clearly he's an excellent photographer and obviously he has a deep concern for the environment, though I don't buy into the treasure hunt/preservationist/activist mindset. Common sense should suffice.

I think I've come up with a solution. Here is a list of objectives to help preserve the trees for future generations.

1) Eliminate photography and videography within a 100 yard radius of all known famous trees.

2) Disallow within the immediate vicinity of all the famous trees all scientific tools and equipment designed for measuring height (including tape measures), as well as instruments for measuring moisture, traffic, and soil compaction.

3) Keep gung-ho tree-climbing scientists, researchers and self-proclaimed tree experts off the trees.

4) Eliminate global warming.

Yeah, that should about do it.

Last edited by Montclairion; 06-28-2016 at 04:19 PM..

Old 06-28-2016, 08:58 PM

Montclairion you are a total joke. Steve Sillett has better things to do than expose you as yet another alias and alter ego of FR.

Here's another solution better than yours.

Eliminate the following from this forum:

totallyanonymoustroll
Montclairion the pretend guy from Oakland
EShcherbakov the pretend Russian guy
WVENG the pretend Chinese guy
(all aliases of the FR owner who drives a blue Jeep)

Old 06-28-2016, 09:38 PM

I wasn't referring to Steve Sillett; I was referring to Steve Hall.

So, my ancient buddy, if my understanding is correct, you run a website specializing in and detailing hiking adventures. Let me know if I'm wrong about his.

It's understandable why you wouldn't want the big trees outed; I guess that would take the adventure out of it - kill the game.

I'm curious, how much would a guided adventure hike to Helios cost?

Old 06-28-2016, 11:02 PM

How curiously odd that you are trying to figure out the identity of OldManWinter, yet you put down others who want to figure out the identity of FR. Quite a double standard. That being the case, I will not sit here and humour you with figuring out the identity of OldManWinter by eliminating various names that you might propose while making wild guesses.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:12 PM

Montclairion tried to get the thread off-topic. Let's bring it back on-topic. Who is behind FR? Is it Thomas Davidson from Ventura? Is it a certain lawyer from Southern California? Is it another person who opened a mailbox in the name of Thomas Davidson as an alias? Is it Yinghai? Let's keep working on this y'all.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
How curiously odd that you are trying to figure out the identity of OldManWinter, yet you put down others who want to figure out the identity of FR. Quite a double standard. That being the case, I will not sit here and humour you with figuring out the identity of OldManWinter by eliminating various names that you might propose while making wild guesses.
Don't worry, Steve, we're still on topic. And the identity of FR is old news. It's not even news really - I already posted the answer.

But it is nice to confirm who the Ancient One really is. What's interesting is that you're not denying that you're Steve Hall, which apparently confirms you are. Nothing to be ashamed about; you have a nice site. And I see you've even spent some time with Mario and Mark - cool. I especially like the pic of you and Taylor Swift. I'm jealous really.

You didn't answer my other question either... What's your rate for a hiking adventure to Helios? Curious.

Last edited by Montclairion; 06-29-2016 at 02:07 AM..

Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 AM

Wow, Steve, that was quick, I didn't intend to fluster you. Yet in the time since my earlier post you apparently deleted a comments section from your website which included entries from Mario and Mark. A bit odd - don't you think? Brings to mind Hillary erasing her server's hard drive. Maybe it would be easier to nix the entire section about your Famous Redwood exploits.

Last edited by Montclairion; 06-29-2016 at 02:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California