Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:02 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,655 times

Advertisements

five guys is like red robin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 06:56 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
five guys is like red robin.
Not really.

Red Robin is a full on restaurant. Five guys is pretty much just burgers and fries.

Red Robin has a full service bar.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:04 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
So when did you have your first In N Out Burger?

I was 12 years old and my family was very anti fast food at the time but for some reason In N Out had sparked my Mothers curiosity. I was not born in California but I was very young when my family decided to move to San Diego. The hiuge Drive Thru lines and crowd inside intimidated my parents but "Hey" we were there and I surely didnt want to miss out on a burger.
It turned out to be one of the greatest days of my childhood! to say the least. The Burgers are just THAT good.

Today, I live alone in the city of Los Angeles and every few days after work I stop by at any In N Out in the city and watch numerous people from other States and countries try them for the first time.
Personally, I don't like fast food burgers of any variety, including In N Out. I actually prefer the ones you get in decent restaurants.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,843 times
Oh yah... we got 5 Guys here in the last year. Never a line there....and aren't their burgers like $12 a pop?

Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Personally, I don't like fast food burgers of any variety, including In N Out. I actually prefer the ones you get in decent restaurants.
I think many of us do, but compare the cost and the time: Decent restaurant, good burger, $7.00 and up; In N Out; $1.79. That is the point of this, best for the money, not best overall.

Nita

Old 02-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
So when did you have your first In N Out Burger?

I was 12 years old and my family was very anti fast food at the time but for some reason In N Out had sparked my Mothers curiosity. I was not born in California but I was very young when my family decided to move to San Diego. The hiuge Drive Thru lines and crowd inside intimidated my parents but "Hey" we were there and I surely didnt want to miss out on a burger.
It turned out to be one of the greatest days of my childhood! to say the least. The Burgers are just THAT good.

Today, I live alone in the city of Los Angeles and every few days after work I stop by at any In N Out in the city and watch numerous people from other States and countries try them for the first time.
Shortly after I was married, a million years ago. Hubby and friends used to go to the original IN n OUt until they built one in Azusa. Then he went to that one. He got me hooked, our kids and grandkids are now hooked.

Nita

Old 02-07-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
I don`t like them as much as I use to. Everytime I would order a hamburger well done, it still would be pink inside. Even from different places. I do love there fries.
funny, everyones experience: I don't like their fries as well as some but if I have any complaint about the burger and it isn't a biggy, they are usually overall done a little.

As for those comparing IN n Out to 4 guys, I have heard 2 things from a few friends and relatives: 1-5 guys isn't not as good and 2-5 guys is 3 times more expensive. Again, the point here, not how good so much as price.
Nita

Old 02-07-2010, 01:46 PM

131 posts, read 277,847 times
after reading a bit of this thread, i'm about to jump in the car and head to In&Out...but I'm on a diet dammit!! I agree...best fast food burger by far. DQ in the MidWest is pretty darn good, though. The DQ's in the west just aren't the same.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 AM

123 posts, read 300,750 times
Oh boyyyyyy. I was on a work detail in the bay area...I think a place called San Mateo(did I spell it wrong?) Anyway so my company had this very important account in SF and we worked out butts off so after 12hrs of work I would go back to my hotel grab a bite to eat and crash out. There was no time for sightseeing or play. It just so happend that a couple of guys were heading out to a local walmart to grab a few items I tagged along. One of the guys suggested that we stopped at a place called In N Out...being from NJ I have never heard of it. I waited in a super long line....finally got a chance to bite into that yummy double double. The birds were chirping.....fireworks exploded inside of my mouth...the taste...the smell.....the BURGER! That was the best burger I have ever had in my life. That was about 3yrs ago...and I have been craving one every since. *Sigh*

Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times
My first In and Out burger was in Norwalk, CA. I would drive 30 mins from my house to buy a burger. My husband isn't crazy about them but I am. They all are family owned. I am glad they came to Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California