Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 07:36 PM

497 posts, read 1,698,221 times

Advertisements

Hello! I posted in the Los Angeles forum as well! I planning to move to California after I graduate to pursue my M.B.A. My two choices are Stanford and UCLA. I'm not sure which one to choose. My goal is to work for Disney. I am majoring in Buiness Administration with a Minor in Psychology. My concentration is in Human Resource Management. Also I'm not sure whether I want to make my home in San Fransisco or Los Angeles. If anyone would give me some pointers on Stanford's MBA program or tips on moving to San Fransisco that would be great! Should I work before I attend grad school(Which I don't want to do)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 11:51 AM

253 posts, read 1,336,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3218 View Post
Hello! I posted in the Los Angeles forum as well! I planning to move to California after I graduate to pursue my M.B.A. My two choices are Stanford and UCLA. I'm not sure which one to choose. My goal is to work for Disney. I am majoring in Buiness Administration with a Minor in Psychology. My concentration is in Human Resource Management. Also I'm not sure whether I want to make my home in San Fransisco or Los Angeles. If anyone would give me some pointers on Stanford's MBA program or tips on moving to San Fransisco that would be great! Should I work before I attend grad school(Which I don't want to do)
Well, they are both great programs. Stanford is the gold standard, but will probably be more expensive then UCLA. You shouldn't have any problem getting hired at Disney either way, but if you are at UCLA you might be able to do work there while you are going to school. Disney has no significant operations in the San Francisco Bay Area that I am aware of.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:02 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,868,460 times
UCLA's Anderson School is a relative bargain for CA residents. For nonresidents, UCLA is about $40,000 compared to Stanford's $50,000, respectively. Annually.

Foreign students will benefit from the relatively weak dollar, for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
Stanford is the gold standard, but will probably be more expensive then UCLA.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:26 PM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,187,678 times
MBA is arguably a union card that's more about perceived prestige and alumni network than actual educational value...

Stanford and Harvard have the world's most powerful MBA alumni networks....silly to choose a less prestigious, less powerful university to save a few bucks....fails logic of Finance 101 in analyzing one's likely career earnings...

Old 09-01-2008, 01:23 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,840,117 times
Default "San Francisco"

Learn how to spell San Francisco before you apply to either. Both schools are extremely competitive. I wonder why you aren't also considering USC?

Old 09-01-2008, 05:53 PM

497 posts, read 1,698,221 times
Yeah I know both are very competitive schools which makes me want to apply even more. Both schools are awesome! They both offer different things that I am interested in. My goal is to get a job with Disney in Human Resource Management. I might end up at UCLA because Disney offers tuition reimbursement. So I could work and go to school. I don't know if Disney has any locations San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California