Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,996 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We are going to be camping for a couple weeks in the Northern California Redwoods and we love seafood. Being that close to the coast, we are hoping there are some decent fish markets to purchase fresh fish to bring back to camp.

We will be closer to Orick, CA so any recommendations near there would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Norm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,030,541 times
Not a market, but, I tried a place in Trinidad called "Larupin" which had exceptionally fine food. Where food preparation makes dining fun and an experience.

Was recommended via this forum.

And then a couple of weeks ago, I had a fish and chips dinner at the Chart Room in Crescent City. The meal was so big it shocked the other man whom I met to show a redwood grove, when we sat down to eat later.

It looked like 2 and 1/2 dinners I've seen from some other places. Well worth the $18. And easy meal for some folks to split a plate.

Didn't stop at any markets while I was camping though.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:21 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Default Fishmongers?

We are surprisingly short of fish markets around here. A lot of people catch and can their own. For you I think the closest option would be the Murphy's Market in Trinidad. It's a very nice market otherwise also. Have a wonderful time.! (You're bringing up old memories.One of the best meals I ever had was in a campgound near Astoria, fresh salmon grilled on a hibachi-remember those?- with tarragon butter. MMMM!)

Old 09-15-2008, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,996 times
Default recommendations

Thank you for the recommendation for Murphy's Market, we will check there. I was hoping there would be a fresh fish market, but as least we can get some seafood from the general market.

We do not have a hibachi, but we will be grilling some salmon over coal. The tarragon butter sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for your help!
Norm

Old 09-15-2008, 08:32 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanC View Post
Thank you for the recommendation for Murphy's Market, we will check there. I was hoping there would be a fresh fish market, but as least we can get some seafood from the general market.

We do not have a hibachi, but we will be grilling some salmon over coal. The tarragon butter sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for your help!
Norm
I have to give a harty second to the Chart Room in Cresent City spent Several months in Agness Or. Managing a friends campground in Agness Or. . I was a Pleasure to drive all the way to Cresent City for supply's at the Home Depot store, just up the street from the Chart Room , being from the East coast, their's is like home cooking. got to try it for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California