Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,758,700 times

Advertisements

I will be happy as long as Macy's replaces Mervyn's or Ralphs in the Madonna Plaza. The Madonna Plaza is kind of like a mall like La Cumbre Plaza in Santa Barbara.

Everything else will happen for a reason. If the SLO Promenade 2 shopping center is built on Ernie Dalidio's land, then great. And if Target is built in Prefumo Creek Commons, then great. And if Super Wal-Mart is built, then great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 08:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
I am happy to hear that San Luis Obispo has an amazing Cardiac care hospital. Perhaps that is why the Cheesecake factory is coming into town?

But seriously, I do want to settle in for the outdoor recreation, fresh air and the beaches. Mall walking or hanging out at chain restaurants is what I am trying to escape.

How is the kayaking or sailing in the area?

Both are AWESOME! Lots of kayak rentals, sailboat training/renting etc. Me and my boyfriend go kayaking around the bay all the time during the summer.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 AM

San Luis Obispo Promenade 2-Kohl's and Larkspur Hotel
Prefumo Creek Commons-Target

Macy's repacing Mervyn's in Madonna Plaza

The Annex-Super Wal-Mart
Golden Hills Plaza-Lowe's

Colony Square Centre-Park Cinemas 10

Now all of that isn't much development. And I'm only hoping that we get Macy's, so that the Madonna Plaza can be more like a open-air/upscale mall.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nah, the commutes not that bad! Only an hour or so... just buy a hybrid! Of course.... they don't yet have a gas station out there.... maybe you can attach those solar panels to your car!
Ah! the old days! We used to hop in the car. Ice down a case of brew and take the road that connects Hwy 166 and Hwy 58. It ends up at California Valley. There used to be stretches of that road where you could go for miles and NOT see a power or telephone pole. Yea i know. Shouldnt drink and drive. But the only thing we would have killed was ourselves or a few jackrabbits!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:31 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,027 times
Macy's...Macy's...Macy's. How many posts contain the the word Macy's? Is there something special about Macy's I don't know about? If they don't have $25 Levi's then forget 'em!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Macy's...Macy's...Macy's. How many posts contain the the word Macy's? Is there something special about Macy's I don't know about? If they don't have $25 Levi's then forget 'em!
Modern-day style, tv screens in the building, uniform dressed employees that are helpful when u find some, and well organized building (cash registerers in easy to get places) and not to mention they would have more selection than Gottschalks. And to me, it's the true symbol of a shopping center being like a mall. and a mall is the true symbol of urbanization.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Modern-day style, tv screens in the building, uniform dressed employees that are helpful when u find some, and well organized building (cash registerers in easy to get places) and not to mention they would have more selection than Gottschalks. And to me, it's the true symbol of a shopping center being like a mall. and a mall is the true symbol of urbanization.
I think not.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
A gift card for whoever guesses what this is :

Old 10-16-2008, 09:58 PM

764 posts, read 2,036,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
No, a mall (or similar big-box shopping centers) is the true symbol of SUBurbanization. It's pretty much the opposite of urbanization.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatica View Post
No, a mall (or similar big-box shopping centers) is the true symbol of SUBurbanization. It's pretty much the opposite of urbanization.
i meant any form of urbanization. upscale big-box centers like Janss Marketplace in Thousand Oaks or Five Cities Center in Arroyo Grande or Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta are true symbols of suburbanization. Madonna Plaza in San Luis Obispo or La Cumbre Plaza in Santa Barbara or Paseo Nuevo in Santa Barbara or Santa Maria Town Center in Santa Maria or Northridge Mall in Salinas or Del Monte Center in Monterey or Imperial Valley Mall in El Centro are true symbols of ex-urbanization. And I guess for urbanization you have cities with 400,000 population + and many malls and upscale shopping centers in 1 center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California