Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:03 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exarkansan View Post
* I think that gays should make a whopping claim for damages for past-and-present injustices, much the same way that American Indians have been awarded huge sums for injustices carried out against them in former times. Blacks want to bring such a claim against white US society for the slavery they suffered, but present-day whites disclaim any responsibility for the ignorance of their forebears. The same defense crumbles in the face of the discrimination of gays.
As a gay person, I have no desire to receive reparations for any real or perceived "injustices." Such things are not helpful. I just want equality under the law, the equality which is guaranteed to us all.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:05 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times
Might I add that it's idiotic to think that voting NO on any proposition will somehow change the status quo. If they aren't teaching homosexuality to your kids right now, then they won't after Prop 8 is voted down. That's how it works. Damn, people are dumb.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I don't like people making others feel ashamed of who they are and this is EXACTLY what the YES on H8TE losers are doing to millions of americans.
And words like "losers" just fuel the fire even more. Thank you. You are doing more to hurt your cause, it's appreciated.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And words like "losers" just fuel the fire even more. Thank you. You are doing more to hurt your cause, it's appreciated.
Completely agree, because someone doesn't share another persons point of view doesn't make them a loser. Regarding the person you replied to, I'm voting Yes on 8 and if that makes me a loser in their eyes so be it. I don't share the views of those voting no, but I certainly don't think they are losers. Everyone can vote as they wish, that's what's great about America.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:50 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Completely agree, because someone doesn't share another persons point of view doesn't make them a loser. Regarding the person you replied to, I'm voting Yes on 8 and if that makes me a loser in their eyes so be it. I don't share the views of those voting no, but I certainly don't think they are losers. Everyone can vote as they wish, that's what's great about America.
It does make you a loser & you will clearly realize that next week. A loser is anyone who tries to hold down common sense\fairness for a narrow-minded\ mindless religious superstition. What's great about America is that you are a loser How many elections where every one you vote for loses before you decide to leave California? [can we help you find a better environment for 'your kind' [ie. Iran executes gay teens; wouldn't that turn you on?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:55 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
It does make you a loser & you will clearly realize that next week.
Be glad you live in the US as you would be missing your head if you lived in Iran. Most of us would.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
And Prop 8 impacts this how?

The entire text of Proposition 8 reads:

That's it. I don't see anything about education. Gays and lesbians could just as easily have done this before the CA court overturned the gay marriage ban. They could do it just as easily even if Prop 8 is passed. This is a total red herring. Furthermore, has this happened in the months since the ban was overturned? After all, gay marriage is legal right now. The answer is: of course not. These things simply haven't happened, and to suggest they will just because the people vote to keep things the way they are is ridiculous.
Wow Sonarrat. What a very good observation. I don't think I was red herring. But like anything that is controversial. It starts off small, then once that controversial issue becomes tolerated, then the next step is to totally defeat anyone who may be against that issue by throwing it completely in the person's face. I think that was my intent by stating that would be the next proposition or measure put on ballots for us to vote for. The United States of America is a great country,and I don't want my faith forced on anyone since my Bible teaches all of my fellow believers not to be part of the world anyway. The world is on a demise anyway, and all christians know that and believe that if we believe what has been prophesized. But again, thanks for the observation and I agree with you 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California