Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:28 PM

259 posts, read 765,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Heck no techno. I know you hate the gays, one look at your profile confirms it. I've yet to meet a No on 8 thug although I've met quite a few Yes on 8 thugs (they stole my parents' yard signs!). I'm sick of you guys and your freaking martyr complex. If California is too liberal and immoral for you to stand then move to Oklahoma or Kansas. I'd like to know who is funding the No on 8 campaign as well so I can frequent their businesses more often. One is PG&E and the other is Levi. I know I'm a PG&E customer and I love Levi jeans so I guess I'm covered. You, on the other hand, are going to have to stick with A1 Storage and Bolthouse Carrots.
lol. tell me, what about my profile makes me a bigot of gays? I have nothing in here that says I hate gay people, come on! I am going to laugh my ass off when Prop 8 passes...whether it be this year or next. It WILL happen... You should have worked with centrists like me to find a compromise. I wanted to find a way to protect the religious right of marriage and to include the gay need for some form of marriage. But no, you declared war and there can be no compromising. That kind of hate cannot be negotiated with, therefore, I will never EVER consider compromise on the gay marriage issue again. See how easily you squandered someone's good will? All or nothing...that's how you want to play it then that's how it's going to be played. I wanted the state to equalize marraige between a man and woman with a Civil Union between two of the same sex...AT THE STATE LEVEL. Leave the work marriage out of it and I am good with it...why isn't that enough for you? Why must you insist on crapping all over "religion"? Is it because you know what you do is immoral and you hate the fact that there are people out there who talk about it being immoral? lol I personally don't give a hoot, do what you want to do...but leave the significance of a religious marriage OUT OF IT!

• About Zapparulez Biography N/A Location Sacramento ZIP Code N/A Previous locations San Diego, Cottonwood, Redding, Anderson, Sacramento, Carmichael, Fremont, ect ect Interests I have many hobbies, but time is short. Occupation radical constitutionalism, but i have yet to quit my day job. Education I am vastly intelligent, yet poorly educated. Sex Male Marital/Relationship status Married Favorite Music Rock and Country Favorite Books Stephen King's the Dark Tower, Tom Clancey's Without Remorse,& numerous political/economical books. Favorite Movies Mel Gibson can do no wrong. Favorite TV Shows It was Jericho...now I just don't care. Name Zappa Birthplace San Diego Heritage Irish Ethnicity American Children Yes Height 5'11 Weight 165 Body type Normal Hair color Light Brown Eye color Hazel Green Heroes Ron Paul, John Elway, My Dad, and every gun owning patriot in this great land! Sexual orientation Normal Religion/Worldview Protestantism, wife is Catholic though. Pets Yes Any additonal information N/A
  • Status updates Freedom is a precious commodity... - Yesterday 12:47 PM

Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Yes on 8 supporters blackmail No on 8 supporters (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/10/23/state/n145556D05.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)

I live how at the end the Yes on 8 spokesman said that the blackmail is in response to intimidation and having their signs stolen. Well guess what lady, my parents had their No on 8 sign stolen out of the front yard. Eww though, I hope they do release the list so I can actually spend more money at the companies who are against Prop 8. I also read today that 77% of all funding for Yes on 8 comes from Mormons, shocker, right?
the mormons are a very hypocritical group to sponsor Prop 8 the way that they have. joseph smith and his followers were CHASED out of the northeast, illinois and then finally settling in utah. they were a persecuted bunch and now they are doing the persecuting, with a tax free status i might add.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Really? Prop 8 will pass eventually? Hm, tell that to all the college students who are just starting to vote. Young people could care less about the Religious Right's stranglehold on the Republican Party in this country. I don't know a single person my age who is voting Yes on 8. I only know a few actively Christian people my age, most don't even give a flip what the Bible has to say on the subject. My parents are Catholics, they go to church every Sunday, they donate to the church, my dad's best friend is the pastor but they're voting No on 8. Give it up, young people and even some old people are starting to realize how ridiculous it is to restrict the rights of others just because your Bible tells you so. Just for reference, I'd like to hear your thoughts on slavery, shellfish, and killing children who talk back to their parents. I mean, if you're going to follow the Bible you might as well follow it to the T right?
lol...sure all those college students will vote? They are supposed to vote each and every election. lol I'd rather depend on the families who have been voting for decades. Oh wait, you can't, because you have insulted them all with your hatred and bigotry towards religion.

My mother-in-law is a real catholic and the Catholic Church has officially decried homosexual behavior as has most religions.

As for slavery, the Bible talks about slaves in the Bible...it wasn't racially defined slavery though. Slaves back then were usually peoples captured in warfare or those who couldn't pay off debts. Different than one race enslaving another. But I wouldn't expect you to know the difference. I do not know what shellfish are other than the ones we eat? As for killing children...when the hell did the Bible ever say to kill children who talk back to their parents? Are you really that uneducated???? There was one story where God wanted a man to sacrifice his son to him, but God stopped him at the last minute. So no killing of children there....lol

If you have ever read the Bible, you wouldn't have just made an ass out of yourself by making up stories that aren't even in the bible. The "slaves" in the bible were mostly treated like a member of the families and many were able to gain their freedom. You distort the bible so badly...so sad. Try reading it before you go and make stuff up. lol Wow. I am just astonished at the level of ignorance here.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapparulez View Post
lol. tell me, what about my profile makes me a bigot of gays? I have nothing in here that says I hate gay people, come on! I am going to laugh my ass off when Prop 8 passes...whether it be this year or next. It WILL happen... You should have worked with centrists like me to find a compromise. I wanted to find a way to protect the religious right of marriage and to include the gay need for some form of marriage. But no, you declared war and there can be no compromising. That kind of hate cannot be negotiated with, therefore, I will never EVER consider compromise on the gay marriage issue again. See how easily you squandered someone's good will? All or nothing...that's how you want to play it then that's how it's going to be played. I wanted the state to equalize marraige between a man and woman with a Civil Union between two of the same sex...AT THE STATE LEVEL. Leave the work marriage out of it and I am good with it...why isn't that enough for you? Why must you insist on crapping all over "religion"? Is it because you know what you do is immoral and you hate the fact that there are people out there who talk about it being immoral? lol I personally don't give a hoot, do what you want to do...but leave the significance of a religious marriage OUT OF IT!

• About Zapparulez Biography N/A Location Sacramento ZIP Code N/A Previous locations San Diego, Cottonwood, Redding, Anderson, Sacramento, Carmichael, Fremont, ect ect Interests I have many hobbies, but time is short. Occupation radical constitutionalism, but i have yet to quit my day job. Education I am vastly intelligent, yet poorly educated. Sex Male Marital/Relationship status Married Favorite Music Rock and Country Favorite Books Stephen King's the Dark Tower, Tom Clancey's Without Remorse,& numerous political/economical books. Favorite Movies Mel Gibson can do no wrong. Favorite TV Shows It was Jericho...now I just don't care. Name Zappa Birthplace San Diego Heritage Irish Ethnicity American Children Yes Height 5'11 Weight 165 Body type Normal Hair color Light Brown Eye color Hazel Green Heroes Ron Paul, John Elway, My Dad, and every gun owning patriot in this great land! Sexual orientation Normal Religion/Worldview Protestantism, wife is Catholic though. Pets Yes Any additonal information N/A
  • Status updates Freedom is a precious commodity... - Yesterday 12:47 PM
Sexual Orientation: Normal. What's normal about being straight as opposed to being gay? I really don't care that I "squandered your goodwill." Frankly, you sound as if you would never suggest any proposition giving full marriage rights to gay people which is your choice but you and I have a fundamental disagreement about the right course to take. Me saying that gay people should have full marriage rights isn't "declaring war," it's stating my opinion. You Christians always get so huffy when things don't go your way. BTW, marriage has nothing to do with religion. If two people went into a church without a marriage license from the state, their ceremony would mean nothing to the government. Just like Republicans don't have a monopoly on morality and patriotism, Christians don't have a monopoly on marriage.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the mormons are a very hypocritical group to sponsor Prop 8 the way that they have. joseph smith and his followers were CHASED out of the northeast, illinois and then finally settling in utah. they were a persecuted bunch and now they are doing the persecuting, with a tax free status i might add.
Morman's are not hyprocritical. Their Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. They would be hypocrits if they came out against Prop 8....but I forgot, we don't examine facts around here. We just attack and spread misinformation about religions in order to advance our agenda of hate.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:35 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Some of you have quite the double standards. Complaining about all the hate and propaganda being fueled by the No on 8 people while the yes on 8 is doing the same exact thing. And the Yes on 8 campaign is using language in their commercials that they were not allowed to use on the ballot b/c a judge ruled it deceitful. Also Yes on 8 has more money to spend, so don't pretend like they are not getting an equal say in this.

Some of us are sick and tired of all the lies propagated on the Yes on 8 side. Seriously, what the hell makes you think one side is any worse than the other?

This is major social change we are witnessing and is not part of the typical political swings we get between democrats and republicans. This is social change similar to what we've seen in the past with respect to women and civil rights. And some of you just can't stand that. There are some close minded people who are just stuck in the past and don't want any change. It just amazes me how some people view change and new ideas as a bad thing. It's called "progress" and sorry if some of you don't like that but get over it, the world is not going to radically change for the worse with this. It probably won't change much if anything at all, remember homosexual make up less than 5% of the population.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:36 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Yeah, they lived the original "alternative lifestyle" with their multiple wives, didn't they? So annoying, most of them don't even live in this state and I doubt Utah will ever legalize gay marriage. They should get their nose out of our business.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapparulez View Post
That is really sad that you now oppose the measure b/c of who supports it. Look at the issue itself. Why are you letting opponents get to you and change your opinion? That is not looking at the issue but rather you are just letting yourself get riled up at the opposition. I just don't get how some people will oppose certain things solely b/c who supports them rather than look at the issue itself.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Sexual Orientation: Normal. What's normal about being straight as opposed to being gay? I really don't care that I "squandered your goodwill." Frankly, you sound as if you would never suggest any proposition giving full marriage rights to gay people which is your choice but you and I have a fundamental disagreement about the right course to take. Me saying that gay people should have full marriage rights isn't "declaring war," it's stating my opinion. You Christians always get so huffy when things don't go your way. BTW, marriage has nothing to do with religion. If two people went into a church without a marriage license from the state, their ceremony would mean nothing to the government. Just like Republicans don't have a monopoly on morality and patriotism, Christians don't have a monopoly on marriage.
lol. Normal? Are you saying Straight is the NORMAL BIOLOGICAL PROCESS OF EVOLUTION/CREATION? Come on....don't be like that. Where would humanity be today if gay was normal? Get real.

Check back on my posts. I began by saying I would support full "state" rights to gays if it was called a Civil Union and marriage was between and man and woman. But no, I was immediately pounced on by the thugs who are so obsessed with bringing down religion. I'm over it..now I will just reason why anyone reading who might be fooled by this ignorance.

I would prefer that states would be taken out of marriage completely. Why do we need a marriage certificate? It's just a way for the government to keep track of us and I oppose that. I would like marriage to be monopolized by religion and the state can monopolize Civil Unions. How is that for compromise? I have no desire for state recognition of my marriage.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Heck no techno. I know you hate the gays, one look at your profile confirms it. I've yet to meet a No on 8 thug although I've met quite a few Yes on 8 thugs (they stole my parents' yard signs!). I'm sick of you guys and your freaking martyr complex. If California is too liberal and immoral for you to stand then move to Oklahoma or Kansas. I'd like to know who is funding the No on 8 campaign as well so I can frequent their businesses more often. One is PG&E and the other is Levi. I know I'm a PG&E customer and I love Levi jeans so I guess I'm covered. You, on the other hand, are going to have to stick with A1 Storage and Bolthouse Carrots.
Ambassador Hormel of Hormel cold cuts also chipped in $50,000. also brad pitt, steven spielberg, barbra streisand. there were more of course, but those are the only ones that come to mind. i'm really surprised that more of hollywood didn't chip in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California