Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I watched it on the local news tonight, any time you have protests you are going to get these kids who are just out for trouble, their not there because of their beliefs and it doesn't matter which side they stand on, thats why when I see these things I take them with a grain of salt because theres always another side to the story. I'm sure it will be on-line tomorrow.
O-kay. If you say so. We'll see though. I wonder who determined the video was doctored? My bet's on Chad Vegas or Marylee Schrider. As far as I can tell, there was no break in the tape. It seemed to show what happened albeit with one person slightly blocking the shot. We'll see though, our local newscasters aren't always that reliable and want to see what the BPD and the DA's office have to say before taking someone else's word.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
I don't advocate anyone punching anyone in the face over some signs, but I do wish we'd all stop using the word 'kid' to refer to a 21 year old. When I was 21, I was finished with college, married, with a full time job, and had my first child on the way. If someone is an adult but is choosing to act childish, I don't think we're required to baby them.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
I don't advocate anyone punching anyone in the face over some signs, but I do wish we'd all stop using the word 'kid' to refer to a 21 year old. When I was 21, I was finished with college, married, with a full time job, and had my first child on the way. If someone is an adult but is choosing to act childish, I don't think we're required to baby them.
He wasn't acting childish, if you watched the interview he was very calm and composed about the situation but he still sounded very young. I'm in college but I still feel like a kid a lot. The point is, the PERSON Ken Mettler assaulted was half his age and much smaller than him. Clearly Mettler doesn't have the balls to try to punch someone his size in the face because he knows he'd get knocked on his ass. That's why he attacked the person he did.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
I guess. I mean, it's pretty clear that they were provoking him verbally.
That is not illegal. You can provoke all you want. TOUCHING is another story.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
That is not illegal. You can provoke all you want. TOUCHING is another story.
Exactly. If Ken Mettler didn't think he could restrain himself, he shouldn't have ventured into a crowd that opposes his views on such a polarizing issue. As it is, his excuse that it was "self-defense" is weak and was clearly made up on the fly to protect his butt from a lawsuit or criminal charges. No matter how much they screamed at him, and frankly, I think they had the right to do so considering all the terrible words the No on 8 people have been called, he shouldn't have acted violently. But hey, I don't like him at all so if this leads to him getting kicked off the school board I would be ecstatic.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM

259 posts, read 765,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
well said...now watch the activists refute any negativity said in this post about this propaganda piece.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapparulez View Post
well said...now watch the activists refute any negativity said in this post about this propaganda piece.
DUDE! HOW ELSE CAN I EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU? This piece was written by the CONSERVATIVE Bakersfield Californian. It's owned by a very conservative family and it's published in a very conservative city. How is that propaganda? Seriously...

Old 10-28-2008, 07:36 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Well the poor victim in this case is no stranger to violence, he has a restraining order agians't him for domestic violence and harasment from his ex-girlfriend and her family, he also has a civil suit filed agians't them and is following suit with Mr. Mettler, i don't think i would be wanting to use him as a poster child for the no on 8 crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California