Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapparulez View Post
Haha, I'm not even gay, I'm just sick and tired of people throwning secularism into everything as some manner of "win all". People have been doing it for dozens of years and it's segregating this country...i don't think that secularism has anything to do with this prop, if you're secular then you're more then likely not religious. No one is asking secular people to attend church or anything of the sort, but why would you deny a large group of people their unalienable right's? If this prop is defeated then it's giving people the right to descriminate against religion. And im sorry but thats just not right...

Does this help you see where people are coming from? This is a situation where both sides are right and both sides are wrong. Compromise is the only solution. Prop 8 must pass so compromise can occur next November.
Can't rep you but right on!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:37 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAdodgerguy View Post
Does anyone know of any upcoming yes on 8 rallies in Southern CA?
Check with the local KKK chapter.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:30 AM

284 posts, read 1,016,418 times
Yes, there is a huge one on Nov. 1st at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego: TheCall. The event is free but you have to register and pay for parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAdodgerguy View Post
Does anyone know of any upcoming yes on 8 rallies in Southern CA?

Old 10-31-2008, 08:36 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanna_house View Post
Yes, there is a huge one on Nov. 1st at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego: TheCall. The event is free but you have to register and pay for parking.
i checked out their website. it is money grubbing, fear mongering corporate religion at its finest; more profit than prophet.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Okay, so yesterday with my family. They are all supporting Prop 8 and I am not(sure). Anyway, I sat in the car with my parents while all my relatives(about 20) were out there with their signs. WOW, I couldnt believe all the racial and xenophbic slurs being hurled at them by people who Im sure profess their tolerance all the time. This one guy actually got out of his car and tried to pick a fight with kids. Then the people from East Bay Express(free local paper) came with about 10 people and No signs and the two groups started taunting each other. People against Prop 8 come with iPhones and video cameras and instigate trouble just so they can record it and put on the internet. So obvious. At the same time, the yes people(in this case my family-eek) are too easily riled up. Admittedly, Id probably get mad too.

The funny part is, My BF came to pick me up and as soon as he got there many of my cousins, siblings, neices and nephews ran over, hugged him and exchanged pleasantries-so Ironic I thought to myself.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 AM

259 posts, read 765,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Check with the local KKK chapter.
You are a true representation of a BIGOT.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:04 AM

259 posts, read 765,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Okay, so yesterday with my family. They are all supporting Prop 8 and I am not(sure). Anyway, I sat in the car with my parents while all my relatives(about 20) were out there with their signs. WOW, I couldnt believe all the racial and xenophbic slurs being hurled at them by people who Im sure profess their tolerance all the time. This one guy actually got out of his car and tried to pick a fight with kids. Then the people from East Bay Express(free local paper) came with about 10 people and No signs and the two groups started taunting each other. People against Prop 8 come with iPhones and video cameras and instigate trouble just so they can record it and put on the internet. So obvious. At the same time, the yes people(in this case my family-eek) are too easily riled up. Admittedly, Id probably get mad too.

The funny part is, My BF came to pick me up and as soon as he got there many of my cousins, siblings, neices and nephews ran over, hugged him and exchanged pleasantries-so Ironic I thought to myself.
I've only seen two rallies in Sacramento. The first was of about 20-30 young people waving yes on 8 signs...the other one consisted of two teenage(high school probably) girls waving a homemade sign that said "Prop 8=BIGOTRY"

Certainly, the Yes on 8 campaign is run by realists while the No on 8 campaign is becoming delusional.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:24 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
I am voting YES on Prop 8. While I do not support the rights of Homosexual people to marry, I do not agree that they have thr right to 1) force churches who firmly believe homosexuality is wrong to face having to marry them or fight a discrimination suit AND 2) I don't want my child taught about marriage in schools. When interracial marriage was legalized, that form of marriage wasn't taught in schools. I do not understand why same sex marriage would be taught in schools.

Homosexuals would find that if they didn't feel the need for everyone to like what their relationships, they would be much happier and not face discrimination.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What govt agency is interfering with your right to raise your children right now with regards to Prop 4?? Prop 4 brings the govt into this whole minor abortion debate. By voting for it you are asking the govt to make it a constitutional amendment. If you didn't want govt involved then why would be voting for a mandate the govt must carry out??

If your daughter gets an abortion and doesn't tell you that is not the govt's fault but hers and yours. I'm sorry but I don't get your argument against the govt here at all. Currently the govt isn't involved in this issue.

Also this is the third time in 4 years we've voted on this. Do you think it's alright to keep voting on propositions despite them be repeatedly voted down?
Actually parental consent was APPROVED the first time it was on the ballot, but Substitute, (excuse me) Planned Parenthood thinks that a child should not have to talk to their parents about abortion. Because Substitute, (excuse me again) Planned Parenthood would stop profitting from Teen abortions if the child's parents are involved. I mean, my God, I might take my child to MY doctor instead of theirs and make sure she is properly taken care of and gets counseling to handle her decision. Instead of taking advantage of her fear and confusion to get her to decide based on my agenda on forgetting she exists the second the procedure is over.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:45 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

are you gay? you mention that it was "funny" that they came to hug your BF. I don't know what your family is like at all, but is this something they usually do this to your BF or only when it makes a good showing that "we love OUR gay people"?, yada, yada, yada. i know that the taunting goes both ways. it is a very emotional issue for all sides. i only hope that wisdom and justice prevail.

Last edited by wehotex; 10-31-2008 at 09:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California