Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 01:37 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Wow. $30mil from 59k families? And they say my people (Jews) are rich...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Well we're probably too cheap to donate more than $5 but that's besides the point...
LOL... as a fellow Jew, I can legally laugh at that.

Speaking of donations, I just came from an orchestra rehearsal (I play viola), and we pledged to do a "metronome-a-thon" - for every 30 minutes we practice with a metronome at home, the orchestra will donate $5 to a marriage equality charity. This group is kind of an unofficial lesbian orchestra, so everyone was crushed over the results... oh, and ironically we rehearse at a gay-friendly Unitarian church.

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-07-2008 at 05:10 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 08:35 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningintherain2 View Post
LOL! I can't believe that you're serious! You really lapped up that propaganda. That same crap was said over and over again here 5 years ago but to date not one church has been forced to marry a gay couple. It's just used as a fear tactic and sadly it works on people like you.
Nice to see you missed the point. And since I'm seeing people protesting a Church it doesn't look like a fear tatic at all, it look like a well founded truth.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Why must you impose your holy matrimony on others. I got married without any mention of holy matrimony or we are gathered here today. Stop imposing your beliefs down the throats of non believers. Keep it to your self.
This is the message we sent to the Gays and why Prop 8 passed. But there they are protesting away. Trying shove their lifestyle down the throats of people who don't agree with it. Like name calling is going to change anyone's mind.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Nice to see you missed the point. And since I'm seeing people protesting a Church it doesn't look like a fear tatic at all, it look like a well founded truth.
Uh, they're protesting because you won't let them marry anywhere... not because they can't marry at a specific church. So no, there is not any truth to that propaganda.

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-07-2008 at 09:00 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
This is the message we sent to the Gays and why Prop 8 passed. But there they are protesting away. Trying shove their lifestyle down the throats of people who don't agree with it. Like name calling is going to change anyone's mind.
I don't eat pork or shellfish because of my religion... how dare you Gentiles allow it to be served at restaurants? Stop trying to shove your lifestyle down my throat!! Puuuuhhllleease.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
. Also, in summer we have humidity. We get more precipitation, similar to what Oregon gets.
July in Boston is a killer. It's as bad as Chicago and NY and Houston in July.

Deathly humid and stinky sweaty.

BUT if you can live happily ever after unlike here in California then I would think the weather would be of little consequence.

Last edited by Taboo2; 11-07-2008 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Uh, they're protesting because you won't let them marry anywhere... not because they can't marry at a specific church. So no, there is not any truth to that propaganda.
That's right because the Gay population is proving that it would not have been good enough to be able to marry. After seeing the protests, I am convinced (and so are others) that it would have only been a matter of time before Gays decided they should be able to get married anywhere including churches that are against the Homosexual lifestyle. And what would have happened if the couple was turned away? Thousands of Homosexuals in front of the Church calling the members "Bigots".

Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Quote:
That's right because the Gay population is proving that it would not have been good enough to be able to marry. After seeing the protests, I am convinced (and so are others) that it would have only been a matter of time before Gays decided they should be able to get married anywhere including churches that are against the Homosexual lifestyle. And what would have happened if the couple was turned away? Thousands of Homosexuals in front of the Church calling the members "Bigots".
That's like saying that after the Rodney King Riots, African Americans "proved" they deserved to be treated like animals. Burning down their own communities, specifically targeting Koreans and Whites, pulling people out of their cars and beating them over the head with bricks...sounds to me like a group of people that isn't "good enough" for basic human rights. That's using your logic anyway. And what the rioters did to LA was much worse than a few thousand gay people holding up traffic for a few hours.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

In reality, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, along with the Roman Catholic Church and many Protestant Churches have the same fundamental beliefs regarding the origin and intent of marriage. All of these churches were part of a coalition that included several other organizations.
By why do the churches of America feel it is ok to inflict their opinions of people who are not of that denomination?

Where in the old testament (which just about ever religion uses that-except muslim, hindi, and buddhist, but they weren't protesting now were they.) does it say that you should force people into submission by demanding they follow your rules. Where does it say God wants you to treat others UNLIKE the way you want to be treated yourself? It doesn't.

Why are they breaking the laws of their own Bible?

It is up to God to judge us on our behavior. The people did not set Soddom or Gomorrah on fire. It was up to GOD to do that. SO why do all these yes on prop 8 people believe that they now have the right to play God?

Please explain yourselves to us and to your God.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:19 AM

202 posts, read 534,755 times
Quote:
Ooga booga booga!

Scary, scary gays!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California